Author Topic: So, Who are you voting for in 08...  (Read 117456 times)

Dragon Of Grief

Re: So, Who are you voting for in 08...
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2007, 12:16:16 pm »
Why?
Because everyone else hates her. That is why.

I just don't want her to be president because I am a little iffy about having a feminist president... also taking in consideration her right wing conspiracy theory rants. I don't care much for republicans or conservatives myself but she takes it a little over the top... she's literally the Anti-Ann Coulter.

With that said...

I can't vote. My mom & dad are voting some one republican.

I'd want anyone besides Clinton as president. I hate her guts.
Why don't you want her to be president? Do you have a valid reason or are you just following what Mommy and Daddy say?

Patback399

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2007, 01:49:03 pm »
Exactly. I hate it when people dislike a politician just because it's what everyone else says.

Lil Loco

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2007, 02:10:52 pm »
Exactly. I hate it when people dislike a politician just because it's what everyone else says.

Word.

Sb129

« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2007, 08:06:14 am »
Why don't you want her to be president? Do you have a valid reason or are you just following what Mommy and Daddy say?
[/quote]
She's just stupid. First she stayed with Clinton after he cheated. (Though for the money :rolleyes:) Second basically every group she goes to she switches to a different thing she wants. Not one of the canidates besides her do that, if she's president she'd go by what is the most popular opinion. (We will support the war, then a couple months later the war must stop!) That's not how a good leader does things.

Patback399

« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2007, 09:07:01 am »
She's just stupid. First she stayed with Clinton after he cheated. (Though for the money :rolleyes:) Second basically every group she goes to she switches to a different thing she wants. Not one of the canidates besides her do that, if she's president she'd go by what is the most popular opinion. (We will support the war, then a couple months later the war must stop!) That's not how a good leader does things.
[/quote]

1. She forgave him. Isn't that the moral thing to do?

2. A good democratic leader won't listen to the people?

3. A LOT of politicians do that. And it's OK, because they obviously see mistakes in what they have done and try to change them. Hilary may seem fickle with her stance on the war, but people who still think it is justified are just idiots!

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2007, 01:31:38 pm »
Are you under the FALSE assumption that I support her? I was simply telling him to have an actual opinion rather then just going along with what everyone else said. If you read my posts, you would know I support Dennis Kucinich so far.

And you will find many political candidates shift opinions on their issues quite often. And who cares about her sexual life? (or lack thereof) That has no basis in electing a president. They could be having sex with animals for all I care. If they have a good stance on issues that are important to me that is all that matters. Someone's private sex life does not determine what kind of president they will be.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2007, 09:24:57 pm »

1. Nah, she didn't ever really care. She only married him out of convenience for herself, and she stayed with him for her own positions. All she cares about is status. Nonetheless, I personally couldn't care less why she chose to marry that bum nor why she's stayed with him.

2. I think you know what he meant. There is a difference between listening to the people and licking your finger to figure out which way the wind blows.

Seriously people, don't be stupid (this is for everyone). Don't try to make something mean something TOTALLY different when you know what the author meant. We are all supposed to be on a semi-decent intellectual level, which means we don't need every living thing quite literally spelled out.

Patback399

« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2007, 11:30:55 am »

1. Nah, she didn't ever really care. She only married him out of convenience for herself, and she stayed with him for her own positions. All she cares about is status. Nonetheless, I personally couldn't care less why she chose to marry that bum nor why she's stayed with him.

2. I think you know what he meant. There is a difference between listening to the people and licking your finger to figure out which way the wind blows.

Seriously people, don't be stupid (this is for everyone). Don't try to make something mean something TOTALLY different when you know what the author meant. We are all supposed to be on a semi-decent intellectual level, which means we don't need every living thing quite literally spelled out.

1. Have you any evidence of this?

2. Either way you take it, he is still basically saying a president should stick to their own personal agenda, and not the agenda of the people which they are governing. The Constitution was made to promote the welfare of the people.

Lil Loco

« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2007, 01:54:38 pm »
I'd rather have a president who sticks to his/her beliefs and doesn't waver...Maybe I agree with all his/her stances or maybe I don't, but they would be infinitely better than someone who just tells you what you want to hear.

Patback399

« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2007, 07:32:16 pm »
I agree with you on that. A president should stick with his beliefs, but when the majority of his citizens are dissatisfied with a certain thing, he should listen to them. After all, in a democracy, the people are the leaders.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2007, 07:43:16 pm »
I agree with you on that. A president should stick with his beliefs, but when the majority of his citizens are dissatisfied with a certain thing, he should listen to them. After all, in a democracy, the people are the leaders.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments.

Governments should be afraid of their people.

Lil Loco

« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2007, 08:56:11 pm »

This is why people should do their research on a candidate's beliefs before voting for them, so there will be no surprises when it comes to decisions made on certain issues.

Patback399

« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2007, 07:33:59 am »

This is why people should do their research on a candidate's beliefs before voting for them, so there will be no surprises when it comes to decisions made on certain issues.

Right, but not everything is fait accompli as soon as a leader is elected. If we were so sure that people didn't want to change the Constitution, then we'd have not allowed amendments.

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is in the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
- Declaration of Independence

Lil Loco

« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2007, 09:23:29 am »
Oh I agree, nothin is set in stone once someone is elected.  I'm just talkin about the candidate's stances on the majority of pressing issues.  If another issue came up and the majority of the people demanded a certain action, he should listen unless his beliefs tell him otherwise...Then he's in a dilemma.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2007, 02:33:54 pm »
Oh I agree, nothin is set in stone once someone is elected.  I'm just talkin about the candidate's stances on the majority of pressing issues.  If another issue came up and the majority of the people demanded a certain action, he should listen unless his beliefs tell him otherwise...Then he's in a dilemma.
This is why liberal candidates are flawed... they switch their stances on issues far too often. And conservatives stances on issues are usually or the wrong reasons. Bleh. Politicians are all criminals IMO. If you read back, you will find that the electoral process was not even DESIGNED for career politicians.