Author Topic: So, Who are you voting for in 08...  (Read 117458 times)

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Re: So, Who are you voting for in 08...
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2007, 04:32:00 pm »
Oh I agree, nothin is set in stone once someone is elected.  I'm just talkin about the candidate's stances on the majority of pressing issues.  If another issue came up and the majority of the people demanded a certain action, he should listen unless his beliefs tell him otherwise...Then he's in a dilemma.
This is why liberal candidates are flawed... they switch their stances on issues far too often. And conservatives stances on issues are usually or the wrong reasons. Bleh. Politicians are all criminals IMO. If you read back, you will find that the electoral process was not even DESIGNED for career politicians.
Most politicians only care about money. They're getting money for saying what they say, and changing their opinion to conform to a groups beliefs for money.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2007, 06:33:00 pm »
word. i believe the same as rocko.

Lil Loco

« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2007, 07:38:43 pm »
Yup.  And you can't say that one party is corrupt and one isn't because both parties have plenty of corrupt politicians.  You gotta look on the level of the individual, not the entire party.  Honestly the two party system sometimes does more bad than good cuz ignorant people base their decisions soley on what party the candidate stands for and not so much on what his beliefs and stances are.  If you just grabbed a couple of the best-suited candidates and ran them against each other with no labels or parties slapped on there, I think that would work nicely.  I align myself with the Republican party because a good majority of my beliefs are in-line with their stances...Doesn't mean I agree with everything the Republican party stands for.  I think the same is true for alotta other people, be 'em Republican, Democrat, or otherwise.  People get caught up in taking pre-drawn sides on everything.  Sorta stupid when you think about it.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2007, 09:38:05 pm »
I am registered as a democrat but I am fairly moderate in my beliefs.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2007, 07:00:42 pm »
When I register to vote, I'm not joining any parties.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2007, 09:00:46 pm »
You can't vote in any of the primaries then... to be able to vote you should register either Democrat or Republican. I registered Democrat. Also you can't vote for people outside your party in those elections. Messed up aint it?

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2007, 09:04:31 pm »
You can't vote in any of the primaries then... to be able to vote you should register either Democrat or Republican. I registered Democrat. Also you can't vote for people outside your party in those elections. Messed up aint it?

It depends on where you live. :P In Alabama you don't register with a party, you just register. In primaries you decide whether to vote for Dems or Republicans. Only one or the other though.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2007, 11:06:22 am »
In Pennsylvania that is how it works... weird, I know. lol. If you don't register with a party then you can't really vote for much.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2007, 06:18:12 pm »
-bump-

I thought this might be an interesting topic to bring back, especially with the primaries and whatnot approaching.

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2007, 06:40:27 pm »
I like Kucinich a lot. Maybe the most. It's possible he could beat Obama (but not very). I do like Obama. Just not as much as Kucinich.
Ron Paul seems good as well... I'm pretty sure he won't win, though. We'll see.

All Time

Weekly

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2007, 07:36:21 pm »
If I was registered as a Democrat, I would probably vote for Kucinich in the primary.  It would take several major miracles for him to actually get the nomination, let alone win the election. 

Pragmatically, a vote for Obama would probably be better though, since the race is basically Obama vs. Clinton, and I would much prefer Obama.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2007, 07:42:49 pm »
If I was registered as a Democrat, I would probably vote for Kucinich in the primary.  It would take several major miracles for him to actually get the nomination, let alone win the election. 

Pragmatically, a vote for Obama would probably be better though, since the race is basically Obama vs. Clinton, and I would much prefer Obama.
I'm voting for Kucinich in our primary, but that's just because Michigan democrats are stupid and pushed our primary up so far that almost all the candidates backed out.

My top choice is Obama though.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2007, 09:09:43 pm »
... Ron Paul...

*prepares to be lynched*

SJP2.0

« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2007, 11:22:47 am »
If Obama gets in, I'm voting for him. If Hilary gets in I'll prolly either vote for Guliani (finally a Republican who isn't a hypocrit), some random independent or just not voting at all...that is if I could vote :P...

I'm just very excited at the prospect of having someone other than Bush in office personally.

Patback399

« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2007, 03:53:36 pm »
If Obama gets in, I'm voting for him. If Hilary gets in I'll prolly either vote for Guliani (finally a Republican who isn't a hypocrit), some random independent or just not voting at all...that is if I could vote :P...

I'm just very excited at the prospect of having someone other than Bush in office personally.

Actually, Guliani still has his hypocrisies.

For instances, he claims he saved New York on September 11, 2001.