Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Re: Rap
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 07:46:49 pm »
It all depends on who you listen to.

I like Pitbull, a little bit of newer Ludacris, Lil Flip, and a few others when I'm in the mood, like Crime Mob's new CD. Friggin great car music.

bub1028

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 07:52:03 am »

Lil Loco

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 08:15:48 am »
Dark Chocolate > Everything

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 12:04:05 pm »
Dark Chocolate > Everything

:ph34r:
pshhht word.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 04:43:34 pm »
I'm goin the RATM concert in the summer and it's gonna have all kinda good artists there including, Wu-Tang clan, Ghostface, MF Doom, Cypress Hill, Public Enemy, NAS, The Roots, and Mos Def.  Oh snap son.
I'm camping out at your house.

Lil Loco

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 04:51:48 pm »
Lol you better bring cash.

Arkei

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 09:00:40 pm »
Ugh. Rap disgusts me. A lot of rap is racist and hateful.

Lil Loco

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 09:08:27 pm »
Stereotyping an entire genre of music by looking just at what most of the mainstream offers...Amazing how many people do that.  Not all rap is hateful and vain.  If you don't like it because the music itself doesn't appeal to you, that's one thing...But generalizing the nature of the whole genre like that is just annoying.

Arkei

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 09:21:33 pm »
Well, now that you say it, rap is good sometimes. I just don't like some songs where the whole time it's just like this:

'Rapper': Uh. Uh. Uh.

2 minutes later..

'Rapper': Uh. Uh. Uh.

Some rap songs actually do that.

Lil Loco

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 09:49:27 pm »
Lol yeah...There's rappers that actually have meaningful songs though.  Mtv and the Top-20 charts aren't always the best places to look for those rappers though.

Arkei

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2007, 09:55:32 pm »
MTV sometimes shows the same 4 horrid music vidoes for 5 hours. I hate it when it does that.

bub1028

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007, 12:41:56 pm »
MTV sometimes shows the same 4 horrid music vidoes for 5 hours. I hate it when it does that.
I don't like MTV that much.  There are times when I just want to watch music videos/listen to music, and it has some show or another on that has nothing to do with music videos.  I watch Fuse or VH1.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2007, 03:29:11 pm »
Ugh. Rap disgusts me. A lot of rap is racist and hateful.

I think it's hard to call it racist when it's blacks calling other blacks the n word....hmmm

and hateful? isn't each generation's music change defined by a hate of something?

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 10:57:10 pm »
I'm not a fan, but I'm not going to say it sucks, because it's obviously an acquired taste.
Same here

I don't like it when people say "rap sucks (also country)" because the truth is that they probably haven't taken a good look at it
All Time

Weekly

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 05:28:19 pm »
I'm starting to agree with NAS- Hip Hop IS dead. I really still like rap, half my iPod is rap, other rock. Rap is still awesome, but some MCs shouldn't be in the game. Take for example Mims. This guy bursts out with "This is Why I'm Hot" which he says in the song like 60 times. I watched his freestyle on MTV2, and he can't freestyle. They would have to stop the tape then record again when Mims thought of something. I still listen to hip-hop religiously, but I think, in the next 30 years, hip hop will die out.