Author Topic: They should have quit production when it was good...  (Read 9325 times)

EVan

They should have quit production when it was good...
« on: December 28, 2007, 10:35:25 pm »
     I mean come on...The new episodes are terrible in my (and several others) opinion. The season 4+ episodes are like a completely different show that seem aimed at an age group of 5 years old. Im a very big SpongeBob fan and when Fear of a Krabby Patty/Shell of a Man aired, I couldnt stand it. I tried to bear with the rest of the series but i have just stopped caring about new episodes.
     There probably wont be a themed 'last episode', since Nick doesnt want veiwers to know a show has ended... So our only solid ending is the SpongeBob Movie, which Stephen Hillenburg confirmed as the series end because there was a high chance of it getting cancled after season 3. Back in 04 that was terrible. But now, it doesnt sound like such a bad idea.

Reading over this..i sound very critical and mad, but im just a little angry at what the show has turned out to be...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 03:54:19 pm by EVan »

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: They should have quit production when it was good...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 09:43:00 am »
It SHOULD have ended after the movie.
Seasons 4 and 5 SUCK.

David

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 10:40:44 am »
do I hear an echo?

SJP2.0

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 03:42:00 pm »
This looks like just about every other recent Bikini Bottom topic I've seen...if you want my opinion look at all the other threads that are exactly like this.

EVan

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 04:07:44 pm »
I didnt ask for it but okay.

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 11:23:44 am »
i mean, come on guys...spongebob is considered by me and 1000 other people to be one of the greatest tv shows of all time. In season 3, we wouldnt get an episode that would suck but now most of them suck, and only a handful from season 5 are ok. season 4's prime episode was "Krusty Towers", the rest was garbage. Season 3's best was "Krusty Krab Training Video" and the rest were awesome. they SHOULD have quit when i was good after the film. more and more people would consider it gold.

SJP2.0

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 05:46:48 am »
i mean, come on guys...spongebob is considered by me and 1000 other people to be one of the greatest tv shows of all time. In season 3, we wouldnt get an episode that would suck but now most of them suck, and only a handful from season 5 are ok. season 4's prime episode was "Krusty Towers", the rest was garbage. Season 3's best was "Krusty Krab Training Video" and the rest were awesome. they SHOULD have quit when i was good after the film. more and more people would consider it gold.

Krusty Towers actually was really good...easily the best of Season 4, it can't of had the spirit of old SpongeBob. The matress episode was also really good, but otherwise Season 4 has been pretty much mediocre to crap quality. I haven;t even seen Season 5.

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 01:35:17 pm »
In my opinion every season 1 episode was classic and I could watch 'em a million times and not get tired of 'em. Season 2 and 3 were good, but they had a small sprinkle of bad episodes. Season 4 and 5...why? I haven't caught all of the new ones, but I struggle to even chuckle at them. The night that gum episode came on I couldn't even get through the first 3 minutes and I had already left to find a better way to spend my time. I'd love to know what sparked the change so it could be reversed and get back to classic SpongeBob or just cancel it now and save us from any more failed attempts at it's former glory.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 05:17:13 pm »
Are you all honestly surprised in the least? It happens with EVERY show eventually. And I pretty much know for a fact, HAD they even THOUGHT about stopping production, there would be millions of people petitioning against it. Anyways, Spongebob is too big of a moneymaker for Nick to just drop and stop making episodes of it. It's all about making money. If at some time, sales drop on all the Spongebob stuff, people stop watching the show, then they will halt production. It is all about capitilistic greed. If it doesn't sell, then Nick drops it... Invader Zim never became popular until after it was cancelled and taken off the air. It's just how things work. And after awhile you just start running out of ideas. I am sure Spongebob will at least last up until season 7, 8, or 9.

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 05:29:41 pm »
^The way some things are going I don't WANT it to last that long. SpongeBob should end out on something good and sweet, nothing like...season 4.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 09:30:40 am »
Read what I just said though... they don't care so long as it is making money. It is all about money and money alone. As long as Spongebob keeps rolling in the dough then they will keep making new eppies. The only thing you can do is just stop watching the show and stop buying the Spongebob merch.

~NeonFire372~

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 07:16:50 am »
I wish they'd go back to when Spongebob was great and work from there. Seasons 4 and 5 weren't my favorite either. :/

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 12:11:21 pm »
Eventually people run out of ideas yah know.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 03:30:20 pm »
Am I the only one that doesn't hate the new episodes?  Selling Out had Mr. Krabs in it the whole time!  Among my favorites are that, whale of a birthday,  Enemy in law, and a bunch of them are good.  Mr. Krabs is the new star.  I must admit some of them arn't great but u get enough good ones.

SJP2.0

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 03:41:48 pm »
In my opinion every season 1 episode was classic and I could watch 'em a million times and not get tired of 'em. Season 2 and 3 were good, but they had a small sprinkle of bad episodes. Season 4 and 5...why? I haven't caught all of the new ones, but I struggle to even chuckle at them. The night that gum episode came on I couldn't even get through the first 3 minutes and I had already left to find a better way to spend my time. I'd love to know what sparked the change so it could be reversed and get back to classic SpongeBob or just cancel it now and save us from any more failed attempts at it's former glory.

I actually thought that Season 1 was the weakest of the original 3 (the first couple episodes of SB were really weak IMO), Season 2, every singel episode was great and Episode 3 could have been the best if it wasn't for the occasional crap episode sprinkled in ("Lost Episode", etc.)