Author Topic: Nick Used To Have Good Shows(non-cartoon)?  (Read 12577 times)

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Nick Used To Have Good Shows(non-cartoon)?
« on: March 26, 2004, 06:48:13 pm »
I downloaded a few episodes of Pete and Pete this week, and it hit me.  Nickelodeon used to be a good channel, with good shows.  In the days before Slime Time, U-Pick, and all that other garbage to try to make it more appealing to the pre-teen crowd, there was stuff like Pete and Pete, Hey Dude, and Salute Your Shorts.  Those were shows that lasted for a long time, unlike recent non-cartoon shows on Nick that last one season, or maybe two, before the geniuses high up in the clouds of Viacom realize that nobody watches them.  I think that instead of TeeNick, they should show repeats of the classics.  They used to have them on on Sunday afternoons, but its been years since I've seen them there...
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 07:32:03 pm »
I agree. Nick just tries to appeal to the dazed preteens, and don't realize most people aren't 11 or 12. They had some great old shows, but blew it when they to attempted to please one group of peple.

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 07:44:45 pm »
I agree. Nick just tries to appeal to the dazed preteens, and don't realize most people aren't 11 or 12. They had some great old shows, but blew it when they to attempted to please one group of peple.
But you have to think. The people from the old shows grew up. And if we had the syndicated shows continually running, it could get kinda boring. But I do agree with the fact that Nick doesn't appeal to all people.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 08:03:59 pm »
Well, they should still show some of them now and then. But they need to make another hit like Spongebob, only non-cartoon. Something to appeal to everyone/

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 05:38:31 am »
they need to keep spongebob, get rid of other shows, and put the old stuff back on.
either that or make a channel with the older shows all day long without lame other shows. :dry:  

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2004, 07:52:26 am »
either that or make a channel with the older shows all day long without lame other shows. :dry:
They do. It's a premium cable channel at least for me. But they have what would you do, the old Double dare, and some other good ones.

Gideon Brown

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2004, 08:25:18 am »
well they tried a come back with the new All That cast, but it just isn't the same. I totally agree that they should bring back old shows, like the real All That, Pete and Pete, Are You Afraid of the Dark, even Caitlin's Way...they may show Caitlin's Way pilot every now and then but the show got better than that...

spongehead 32

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2004, 01:08:36 pm »
there are many shows here that nick got rid of that where good

but many old shows are still shown

like "sabrina" and "kenan and kel"

shame they got rid of "are you afraid of the dark", "clarissa explains it all" and "the strange world of alex mac"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 01:09:07 pm by spongehead 32 »

Gideon Brown

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2004, 02:04:56 pm »
I agree....now those were some good shows.

BaLiTtLeBuTt32

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2004, 06:18:47 pm »
there used 2 b alot of good shows... like r u afraid of the dark & figure it out!!! i still watch figrue it out sometimes... it is on digatail cabel

MandaFaye

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 03:54:30 pm »
Yeah, Nickelodeon used to rock. I was a "Hey, Dude" and "salute your shorts" freak. But now they have stuff like Chalkzone...I just don't get it...and don't even get me started on All Grown Up. but on Nick GAS they show Legends of the Hidden Temple and What Would You Do? which were pretty good.  

spongehead 32

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 04:05:09 pm »
never heard of thouse two shows

what are they about?

MandaFaye

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2004, 04:09:19 pm »
I'm not sure which 2 shows you're referring to.

Hey Dude was about all of these kids on a dude ranch. I don't remember much about it, other than there was a lot of sand a bald guy.

Salute your shorts was about a camp where a bunch of kids generally created mayhem. It was great.

The other 2 are gameshow type things.  

spongehead 32

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2004, 04:10:31 pm »
I see

well, that wasnt very informative but thanks none the less

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2004, 02:19:18 pm »
well im 12 and I like stuff most ppl didnt think I would like.