Author Topic: Why Are You For Gay Marriage?  (Read 11488 times)

Dragon Of Grief

Why Are You For Gay Marriage?
« on: October 18, 2004, 03:49:26 pm »
Ok, I know this is a real sensitive issue but I read on, and the only reason you pro-choicers can come up with is "But it infringes on human rights, blah, blah, blah." I want to hear a solid fact why gay marriage should be legal. A straightforward, non-opinionated fact.

Gideon Brown

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 04:18:18 pm »
First, that it infringes on human rights is a fact. Don't go saying no it isn't, because Hitler killing the Jewish people is another form of infringing on human rights.
And here's my fact: Why do homophobics care so much? It's not like not being able to marry is going to stop gay people from doing things. It's just stopping them from sharing money, etc.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 04:18:32 pm by Charliez Fallen Angel »

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 04:20:05 pm »
Do you have a fact as to why they shouldn't marry?

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 04:30:19 pm »
It will cause divorce rates to skyrocket. In fact, they will literally soar, and that would hurt our economy. Think about it. If as amny gay people where getting married, then there would be twice as many people getting divorced putting straight and gay marriages together.

First, that it infringes on human rights is a fact. Don't go saying no it isn't, because Hitler killing the Jewish people is another form of infringing on human rights.
And here's my fact: Why do homophobics care so much? It's not like not being able to marry is going to stop gay people from doing things. It's just stopping them from sharing money, etc.
How does Hitler killing the jews have ANYTHING to do with gay marriage? That was just totally off-topic. We aren't talking about murdering people here. And it is not a fact, because maybe I DON'T think it infringes human rights? See, it is an opinion.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 04:33:06 pm by Scooter »

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 04:31:33 pm »
It will cause divorce rates to skyrocket. In fact, they will literally soar, and that would hurt our economy. Think about it. If as amny gay people where getting married, then there would be twice as many people getting divorced putting straight and gay marriages together.
And you can prove this how?

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 04:33:43 pm »
Can you prove that they WON'T skyrocket?

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2004, 04:55:10 pm »
Someone didn't pass math class...  There is a miniscule number of homosexual couples compared to heterosexual couples.  So, even if every homosexual couple divorced multiple times (which isn't going to happen.  In fact, I'd be willing to put money on the idea that homosexual divorce rates will be far less than heterosexual divorce rates, at least in the next 10 or 20 years), it wouldn't put much of a dent in the already astonomical divorce rate in America.  In fact, due to my hypothesis that homosexual divorce rates will be lower, it would actually lower the total divorce rate for America.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 04:58:16 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2004, 04:59:47 pm »
Can you prove that they WON'T skyrocket?
Just read cmonkey's post.

And can you prove that they will?

No. So don't make a topic that says you can only back everything up with facts, and then go off and say something that isn't a fact.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 05:01:22 pm »
But WHY would they be lower? That is what you haven't conveyed yet.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 05:02:11 pm »
Why would they be higher?

You can't even answer your own questions. Bye.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 05:05:44 pm »
Ugh. I all ready told you. Imagine the divorce rate now. Then when homosexual marriages are legalized, imagine it doubling.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 05:11:01 pm »
My theory is that many gay couples have been waiting for a LONG time to get married.  Therefore, they already know that they love each other, and it is a time tested relationship.  So, at least for the first 10 or 20 years, divorce rates among gay couples will be very low.  After that, a newer generation of gay couples may emerge that will not have had the test of time, and may therefore have divorce rates equal to those of heterosexual couples.  Anyway, your idea that they should not be allowed to marry because of divorce is rediculous.  There is a 50% divorce rate in America.  By your logic, nobody should be allowed to marry.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 05:14:55 pm »
I understand that divorce is hi. And perhaps you are right. But say they start divorcing at the rate of heterosexual couples. Since their would be more married people more divorces would happen. A lot more would happen.  

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2004, 05:20:04 pm »
Thats like saying babies should be killed because theyre just going to grow up and divorce anyway.  It's not about the number, it's about the %.  Even if gay divorces reach 50%, the divorce rate will still be 50%

~angelene's dreams

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2004, 05:24:19 pm »
Umm......becasue I have no right to deny somone the same basic rights that I have??

Is that simple euff, Ty?   :biggrin: