Author Topic: Console Wars  (Read 242755 times)

foulpattie

Console Wars
« Reply #450 on: September 25, 2004, 12:47:57 pm »
He must not want you to have fun
No, he says I'll rot my brain out. :blink:
That's not true. Video Games are like movies almost. They have plots, characters and other things movies have. They aren't nearly as mindless as some people think.  Parents just don't get it.  

Jackie-Boy

Console Wars
« Reply #451 on: November 04, 2004, 03:05:26 pm »
I'm sorry if this has been covered.. But I'm all set for the Nintendo DS to come out.

Patrick

Console Wars
« Reply #452 on: November 04, 2004, 03:23:10 pm »
The DS is already sold out.

MiraclrPlz

Console Wars
« Reply #453 on: November 05, 2004, 06:47:22 am »
I'm gettingo ne for Xmas.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Console Wars
« Reply #454 on: November 05, 2004, 06:50:10 am »
I think I'm getting a dreamcast for Christmas

timstapels

Console Wars
« Reply #455 on: March 19, 2005, 01:08:09 am »
Where is all the PS2 guys out there!
PS2 rocks,
Games first, fast and Quality filled
And now it evbn looks wicked withj the slimline. I've got a silver one and I don't think USA can get the silver ones  :biggrin:

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Console Wars
« Reply #456 on: March 19, 2005, 05:35:12 pm »
The US CAN get suilver ones i thoink. I personally do not like PS2. I really dont like much of the new. XBoX and GC are cool though. I like the old old ones, and then just the old ones.

timstapels

Console Wars
« Reply #457 on: March 19, 2005, 06:16:31 pm »
Oh  ok, a magazine said it was a UK exclusive thats all so I don't know.
I don't see how Gamecube is so popular, can someone please explain why to me?

Kenny Blankenship

Console Wars
« Reply #458 on: March 20, 2005, 06:46:40 pm »
I don't see how Gamecube is so popular, can someone please explain why to me?
[snapback]161336[/snapback]

It actually isn't all that popular at all... it's currently 3rd in worldwide sales, and has some serious image problems (which in my opinion are pretty stupid, but they exist nonetheless).  It might be popular here (probably because since we're on a SpongeBob forum, we have no trouble enjoying the so-called "kiddie" games), but we definitely don't represent the majority...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 06:47:04 pm by Kenny Blankenship »

timstapels

Console Wars
« Reply #459 on: March 20, 2005, 08:34:36 pm »
Thanks for the explanation, it helped me a lot.
And by the way, I'm guessing the top two are PS2 and XBox(gosh, help me if they're not) and was wondering which one is selling better.
I hope it's PS2.

Kenny Blankenship

Console Wars
« Reply #460 on: March 21, 2005, 11:24:15 am »
Thanks for the explanation, it helped me a lot.
And by the way, I'm guessing the top two are PS2 and XBox(gosh, help me if they're not) and was wondering which one is selling better.
I hope it's PS2.
[snapback]161977[/snapback]

Currently, I'm not exactly sure which one's selling better (it's probably PS2), but overall, it's PS2.  By a mile.

Although I wouldn't really worry about console sales all that much.  I only have a Cube, but I don't really hate the other two consoles, so I don't really care if the Cube outsells the others or not.  All I hope is that the Cube sells enough to bring some decent 3rd party games to the console, and to keep Nintendo rolling out future consoles.

timstapels

Console Wars
« Reply #461 on: March 22, 2005, 09:08:34 pm »
I don't like the cube, it doesn't have enough good games I reckon.
XBox has a few good games that I've played at my friends house, I liked Halo 2 and Fable.
But PS2 takes the lot, it has great games, i.e San Andres, Final Fantasy, Timesplitters 3 and a whole lot more.
Also it saves me the hassle of buying a DVD player but that would be on any console at the moment I think.

Fifth Dynasty

Console Wars
« Reply #462 on: April 10, 2005, 12:06:39 pm »
I currently enjoy Xbox and Playstation 2. And a lot of people keep saying, "Xbox has the best graphics", and although it does, if anyone in here has played God of War, Xbox has NOTHING on that game. Back to consoles - I'm getting an Xbox today from my dad, he asked which one I wanted (GCN or Xbox, I like Xbox Live so Xbox was the way to go). Yay! And about the Gamecube, I always have a change of heart with it. I really do hate all the Mario spin-offs lately, but I cannot wait until Super Mario 128 comes out. That is one (of two) GCN games I'm looking forward to. The other one is the next Legend of Zelda installment. This game looks amazing. And the sound is superior to any GCN game in the trailer. So, I definitely like GCN the worst of the 3 (I don't include Dreamcast), and earlier today I said it wasn't that great of a system. When I said that, I meant of the 3. It's truly a unique and great GAMING experience as a whole, but in my preference, Playstation 2 gets my vote. Reason being: I'm an RPG guy, Playstation 2 is basically your RPG-course in this situation. I also have started taking a liking to Platform Action/Adventure games (Such as PoP: WW, PoP: SoT, God of War, etc.) and I think Playstation 2 has the best to offer in that genre. I think every system has its strongpoints. For instance, GCN has it's great controller. Xbox has it's superior graphics and Playstation 2 has it's share of RPG's. I used to think that Gamecube was for kids (with the exception of RE4 and the RE revamped games), Xbox was for more adult-like people and Playstation 2 was in the middle, but that was major sterotyping, so I changed it. I think that EACH system has it's great share of exclusive games (Ps2: Final Fantasy MAINSTREAM series, GCN: RE liscense and Xbox: Ninja Gaiden, MechAssault, Halo), but I think that the Gamecube has the worst exclusives of the 3. There's my input on this great topic. Hope I don't receive hoards of tomatoes or hate mail now. :-/

Kenny Blankenship

Console Wars
« Reply #463 on: April 10, 2005, 05:47:29 pm »
I currently enjoy Xbox and Playstation 2. And a lot of people keep saying, "Xbox has the best graphics", and although it does, if anyone in here has played God of War, Xbox has NOTHING on that game. Back to consoles - I'm getting an Xbox today from my dad, he asked which one I wanted (GCN or Xbox, I like Xbox Live so Xbox was the way to go). Yay! And about the Gamecube, I always have a change of heart with it. I really do hate all the Mario spin-offs lately, but I cannot wait until Super Mario 128 comes out. That is one (of two) GCN games I'm looking forward to. The other one is the next Legend of Zelda installment. This game looks amazing. And the sound is superior to any GCN game in the trailer. So, I definitely like GCN the worst of the 3 (I don't include Dreamcast), and earlier today I said it wasn't that great of a system. When I said that, I meant of the 3. It's truly a unique and great GAMING experience as a whole, but in my preference, Playstation 2 gets my vote. Reason being: I'm an RPG guy, Playstation 2 is basically your RPG-course in this situation. I also have started taking a liking to Platform Action/Adventure games (Such as PoP: WW, PoP: SoT, God of War, etc.) and I think Playstation 2 has the best to offer in that genre. I think every system has its strongpoints. For instance, GCN has it's great controller. Xbox has it's superior graphics and Playstation 2 has it's share of RPG's. I used to think that Gamecube was for kids (with the exception of RE4 and the RE revamped games), Xbox was for more adult-like people and Playstation 2 was in the middle, but that was major sterotyping, so I changed it. I think that EACH system has it's great share of exclusive games (Ps2: Final Fantasy MAINSTREAM series, GCN: RE liscense and Xbox: Ninja Gaiden, MechAssault, Halo), but I think that the Gamecube has the worst exclusives of the 3. There's my input on this great topic. Hope I don't receive hoards of tomatoes or hate mail now. :-/
[snapback]169126[/snapback]

Well, at least you didn't call the Gamecube "kiddy", which irritates me to no end.  So I see no reason why anyone would blast you for this.

And I should just put this on the record, that although I only own one console, that being a Gamecube, I am by no means a rabid fanboy of said console.  If I had the money to waste, I would pick up an XBox and PS2 in a heartbeat (well, not anymore, since the console is almost dead anyway, but you get my drift).  I just have other interests, so one console is enough for me...

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Console Wars
« Reply #464 on: April 13, 2005, 06:42:09 pm »
I prefer the olders. SNES, NES< Dreamcast, N64(AWSOME!.PS1 is ok, but IO like the good 'ol nintedno and sega calssics most.

P.S.: Apprenyly, every 5 years SOony releases a new Playsation.

1995-PS1 relaeses
2000-PS2 releases
2005-PSP releases and PS3 is planned to ship this year as well.