Author Topic: The Holiday Tree  (Read 17714 times)

Sb129

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2004, 06:24:14 am »
That was stupid.That was weird too.

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
The Holiday Tree
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2004, 12:47:35 pm »
Another case in which I believe MSP is telling a tall tale.
[snapback]137835[/snapback]

You're not the only one. Spider-Boogie read the first post to me when I was playing GT3 (I hadn't seen this topic yet) and I told him it was 100% fake and MSP made it up just so he could yell and complain.

I have about 14 or 15 very large charitmas trees growing ouside my house, they were here when we moved in 10 years ago. They about 50 ft.

There are no trees in Kansas.  :biggrin:  Really, you're probably making that one up.

it's supposed to represent chritmas

Actually, not really. And what is chritmas anyway?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 12:52:58 pm by MEEP! »
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

MiraclrPlz

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2004, 07:47:26 pm »
That was stupid.That was weird too.
[snapback]138726[/snapback]
I couldn't agree more.  That treesalesman was very stupid.  I'll never go to his treefarm again EVAH.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2004, 07:50:37 pm »
I have an idea! Obviously he's getting pleasure out of making us mad, so stop replying to this topic! Don't reply to this, either, or it will defeat the purpose x.x

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
The Holiday Tree
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2004, 01:15:20 pm »
That thing on Nickelodeon, that Rugrats Commercial, Chucky said Merry Christmas Hannakuh Quanza Winter Solstits...I'll bet everyone and I mean EVERYONE is insulted by this.  Not just Christians.  Those are all entirely differnt religions and should never be blended together.
[snapback]138661[/snapback]

It is Winter's Solstice and it is an event, not even a holiday at all. It is the shortest day of the year. The only people that celebrate on this day are usually witches but is still isn't a holiday, but yes, I would even rather hear the dreaded "Happy Holidays" over that.
[snapback]138707[/snapback]

Christmas is only on the 25th of December because the Winter Solstice was a holiday.  Christ was born in the springtime... The holiday was set to convert people who celebrated the solstice.

Anyway, my opinion on the matter is that it is a Christmas tree.  Calling it something else in the name of political correctness is rediculous.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2004, 01:17:31 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Elizabeth Rose

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2004, 01:47:50 pm »
People celebrated paganism on Winter's Solstice but it is still no more than an event: the shortest day of the year. You are right in the sense that Christ was born in the spring. Catholics made Christmas on 25 to help stop paganism.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
The Holiday Tree
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2004, 02:14:47 pm »
That thing on Nickelodeon, that Rugrats Commercial, Chucky said Merry Christmas Hannakuh Quanza Winter Solstits...I'll bet everyone and I mean EVERYONE is insulted by this.  Not just Christians.  Those are all entirely differnt religions and should never be blended together.
[snapback]138661[/snapback]

It is Winter's Solstice and it is an event, not even a holiday at all. It is the shortest day of the year. The only people that celebrate on this day are usually witches but is still isn't a holiday, but yes, I would even rather hear the dreaded "Happy Holidays" over that.
[snapback]138707[/snapback]

Christmas is only on the 25th of December because the Winter Solstice was a holiday.  Christ was born in the springtime... The holiday was set to convert people who celebrated the solstice.

Anyway, my opinion on the matter is that it is a Christmas tree.  Calling it something else in the name of political correctness is rediculous.
[snapback]139502[/snapback]

Theres something we agree on.  :biggrin:

Gideon Brown

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2004, 03:02:10 pm »
I am on a message board for, basically, a very famous pagan....here's what Don Henrie has to say about Christmas:
Religion and theft: Christians stole this holiday from the Pagans, and from what I hear it's not really Jesus' real birthday either. Originally called winter solstice, Yule, Alban Arthuan, and midwinter. It celebrated the birth of many solar saviors and dying gods including Osiris, the Syrian Baal, Attis, Adonis, Helios, Apollo, Dionysus, Mithras, Balder, and Frey. In Roman traditions, the 25th was considered the Day of the birth of the Undefeated Sun. Nowadays, we never hear about those others, just Jesus. (You know, "Jesus is the reason for the season") Thus placing all focus on Christianity. Why don't we celebrate Buddha's birthday? April 8 is just another day to most of our society. I cannot say that I agree with placing all focus on Christianity, but perhaps it is a tool society uses to condition the masses in that direction. How nice it would be if America had more of a balance celebrating all different views on religions.