Author Topic: Gays Can't Give Blood.  (Read 23915 times)

Gideon Brown

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2004, 07:24:47 am »

Since the % of gays that have HIV is so high, it would be pointless to do a 47$ test for every last blood doner. That is unless you want to fork over the 432 million dollars for it.

My dear, you don't seem to know medicine too well. The hospitals MUST check ALL blood donations in case someone manages to give blood with a disease that they don't know they had. If they didn't and they gave someone a blood transfusion that's 'tainted' the person who gets that blood has the ability to SUE the hospital for poor conduct and not doing their jobs right. At least it appears to be that way here in good ol' Canada where everything's free because we don't complain about taxes.

MiraclrPlz

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2004, 06:51:50 pm »
Gay men are aroused by other men which is why they can't join the army surrounded by men.  That's what I think it is.  Or because they are so morally incorrect,we, my country doesn't want them defending our freedom.

One time thing

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2004, 06:58:09 pm »
There are many women in the military... my aunt is!

MiraclrPlz

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2004, 06:58:59 pm »
Well they never go to the Fronts.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2004, 07:00:47 pm »
Yes, yes they do.  They fight and die honorably alongside men in the military.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Gideon Brown

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2004, 07:09:07 pm »
MSP, you're straight out of the 1800s it isn't even funny. Do you see me laughing?  :mellow:  

MiraclrPlz

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2004, 08:25:35 pm »
That sounds extremly crazy.  You guys want gay people to give blood?  Uh... AIDS runs amuck amoung gays.  Even though all the blood samples are tested, considering the statistics we have to consider, there is always a chance that a contaminated container could slip through and destroy someone's life whom didn't deserve to have it ruined.  It is unwise to have gays serve in the army because it is not good to have them in close proximity to other men.  Given the usual type of men whom serve in the army, it may even be more for that gay man's safty than the straight men.  They'd beat the 666 out of them.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 08:26:04 pm by MiraclrPlz »

Elizabeth Rose

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2004, 08:31:55 pm »
They'd beat the 666 out of them.

Would you shut up already? Gays may be wrong, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are full of Satan. You seriously need to find another debating tactic, stop making us Republicans look like a bunch of :: Dolphin Noise :: with your condeming nature. You can disagree with someone and still treat them like they are human beings. Don't stoop that low man, be the better person.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 07:52:37 pm by winbindd »

MiraclrPlz

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2004, 08:40:04 pm »
I didn't want to put 666 but we arnt allowed to put dolphinnoise anymore so i wanted a filter.  

Gideon Brown

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2004, 08:48:35 pm »
My dearest...you should find the lyrics to the folk song Excursion Around the Bay...it's VERY old...and the women got a disease (I'm assuming AIDS) by sleeping with all them straight sailors. *sigh*  

MiraclrPlz

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2004, 06:44:36 am »
They'd beat the 666 out of them.

Would you shut up already? Gays may be wrong, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are full of Satan. You seriously need to find another debating tactic, stop making us Republicans look like a bunch of dumbasses with your condeming nature. You can disagree with someone and still treat them like they are human beings. Don't stoop that low man, be the better person.
I thought you'd agree with me on this.  

Elizabeth Rose

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2004, 09:24:03 am »
I don't think they should give blood. The risk is too high, on this I agree with you. However, I think you need to be a little more compassionate with people. Just because someone is wrong doesn't mean they should be treated like dirt.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2004, 12:01:15 pm »

Since the % of gays that have HIV is so high, it would be pointless to do a 47$ test for every last blood doner. That is unless you want to fork over the 432 million dollars for it.

My dear, you don't seem to know medicine too well. The hospitals MUST check ALL blood donations in case someone manages to give blood with a disease that they don't know they had. If they didn't and they gave someone a blood transfusion that's 'tainted' the person who gets that blood has the ability to SUE the hospital for poor conduct and not doing their jobs right. At least it appears to be that way here in good ol' Canada where everything's free because we don't complain about taxes.
My dear, you don't seem to know medicine at all yourself. My mother works at a hospital. Almost all blood that they get now is from the local blood bank (central blood bank), not them. They do not test all of the blood. They have had problems in the past with HIV in the blood, but only 1 or 2 times in the past 12 years. They test each person's blood once for a quick HIV test. If it comes up negative, they throw your blood into it's typed batch. If positive, it's discarded and a card is sent to the person to visit their doctor about blood problems.

HOWEVER, after your are tested once (at 21 I believe is the one they use for your file) they do not test your blood again. It is just immediatly thrown into the batch. If the batch is later discovered to have had a disease in it, the whole batch is removed. If someone gets infected with a disease through donated blood, they can sue, obviously.

BTW, Canada is good for only a few things. They **** when it comes to giving me 'Half & Half' milk for my coffee at Denny's. They gave me 10% milk. Then they charged me so much Canadian money and it turned out to be 12$ (in american) for my meal. **** Canada and Denny's (really mad at Denny's now cause they got rid of their 'Breakfast Dagwood' egg sandwich....grrr).

Gideon Brown

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2004, 04:46:15 pm »
Denny's isn't Canadian, and you know nothing about the go::Dolphin Noise::ed Canadian society so don't tell them to ****. LEARN first. I live on the border...so you know what? I gotta deal with US ::Dolphin Noise:: every day.

One time thing

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2004, 05:02:49 pm »
You don't always get tested blood when you need it, and will get HIV anyway.  It's a risk. My dad was in a third world country when he was shot. He got blood with HIV, and died of AIDS when I was four.