Poll

PSP VS. DS

PSP
7 (38.9%)
DS
11 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: PSP VS. DS  (Read 8927 times)

Jackie-Boy

PSP VS. DS
« on: November 30, 2004, 03:49:20 am »
This has been raging on for some time now. People have been trying to determine which will be better. Which do you think will fit your personal taste better? I honestly do think the PSP will be my favorite. Not because of the gadgets, but because of the GAMES! Both handhelds will have a Viewtiful Joe game, but the PSPs will do doubt be bigger, look better, and most likely have better control. Plus, there's Metal Gear Acid, Burnout (a great game.. PLAY BURNOUT 3 TODAY!!), and an awesome puzzle game called Lumines. However, it is too early to tell. But I am asking whic you think will fit your personal taste better, or which you have a better feeling about. But I may the DS anyway. I won't for Christmas, but if I end up liking it better than the PSP, then I'll buy one in March when everyone is too busy with the PSP. I can swoop in and grab a DS then.

Then there are the hardware problems. WIth the PSP, I mean. The DS apparently has no flaws as of now except for lack of an analog stick. There's one on the PSP, but it apparently "bites hard". But you do get used to it. Oh, and let's not mention the battery life on the PSP. I don't mind using the adapter when I'm at home, but what about when I'm on a road trip? That's a problem. I hope they fix it in time for the American release.

spongey675

PSP VS. DS
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 04:02:50 am »
psp i guess

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
PSP VS. DS
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 05:51:00 pm »
DS shall pwn PSP.

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
PSP VS. DS
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 05:58:30 pm »
I've been preaching about how much better the PSP is for a while now. But since I heard that it's battery life is two hours, I don't know how it can be good. When I play a game, I'll play it for three hours straight without a pee break. So I have to say that the DS will own.

foulpattie

PSP VS. DS
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 06:03:44 pm »
That's why you buy sets of rechargeable batteries. It's about games, so that's why i'm buying PSP.  

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
PSP VS. DS
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 06:35:41 pm »
PSP is going to use a battery like SP has...

MiraclrPlz

PSP VS. DS
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 07:00:11 pm »
DS 1,000,000,000 times over.

foulpattie

PSP VS. DS
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 07:09:06 pm »
What kind? Is it lithium?

I don't mind plugging the psp into the wall with an adapter when i'm home.  4-6 hours is pretty ok i guess. 2 sets of batteries...i'll be fine.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
PSP VS. DS
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 08:09:38 pm »

I don't mind plugging the psp into the wall with an adapter when i'm home.  4-6 hours is pretty ok i guess. 2 sets of batteries...i'll be fine.
Lithium ion, I think.

2 hours, not 4-6. That's nothing on the road.

Dragon Of Grief

PSP VS. DS
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2004, 08:10:34 pm »
Blah, I wasn't impressed by either of them. For $149.99 I think not.

One time thing

PSP VS. DS
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2004, 08:47:45 am »
The price is right (no pun intended). I've gotta say DS, the messeging and touch screen is 1337. Plus, I like Nintendo games a lot more.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
PSP VS. DS
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2004, 12:59:47 pm »
I hvae to say DS.

foulpattie

PSP VS. DS
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2004, 03:01:36 pm »

Lithium ion, I think.

2 hours, not 4-6. That's nothing on the road.
Gamspot says 4-6 for normal games. 1-2 for more graphically impressive games.  

Offline 1kenny

• Sandy
    • View Profile
    • http://
PSP VS. DS
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2004, 07:02:40 pm »
I'll have to say the ds.

DS specs:
#  Size (closed): 5.85" wide / 3.33" long / 1.13" tall
# Upper Screen: Backlit, 3-inch, semitransparent reflective TFT color LCD with 256x192 pixel resolution and .24 mm dot pitch
# Touch Screen: Same as upper screen, but with transparant analog touch screen
# Color: Capable of displaying 260,000 colors
# Wireless Communication: IEEE 802.11 and Nintendo's proprietary format; wireless range is 30 to 100 feet, depending on circumstances; multiple users can play multiplayer games using just one DS game card
# Controls: Touch screen, embedded microphone for voice recognition, A/B/X/Y face buttons, plus control pad, L/R shoulder buttons, Start and Select buttons
# Input/Output: Ports for both Nintendo DS game cards and Game Boy Advance Game Paks, terminals for stereo headphones and microphone
# Other Features: Embedded PictoChat software that allows up to 16 users to chat at once; embedded real-time clock; date, time and alarm; touch-screen calibration
# CPUs: One ARM9 and one ARM7
# Sound: Stereo speakers providing virtual surround sound, depending on the software
# Battery: Lithium ion battery delivering six to 10 hours of play on a four-hour charge, depending on use; power-saving sleep mode; AC adapter
# Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Italian
# Color: Silver and black

PSP specs:

um they dont have it  
You're Good, You're Good
--Shangaied--

SB rocks!

Jackie-Boy

PSP VS. DS
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2004, 01:16:12 pm »

It uses an adapter, yo.