6 (21.4%)
I Despise Them
2 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: GOTHS  (Read 24898 times)

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
GOTHS
« on: December 07, 2004, 07:30:58 am »
Well....GOTHS are known to be anti-christ based people....well, maybe that is the case, maybe it isn't....not all GOTHS are anti-christ.
A christian guy was handing out leaflets with the text below out around town, saying that all GOTHs are evil....here it is:

If Your Child is a Gothic, Reform Through the Lord!
Listed below are some warning signs to indicate if your child may have gone astray from the Lord.
Gothic (or Goth) is a very obscure and often dangerous culture that young teenagers are prone to participating in. The gothic culture leads young, susceptible minds into an imagined world of evil, darkness, and violence. Please seek immediate attention through counselling, prayer, and parental guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the following are applicable to your child:

-Frequently wears black clothing.
-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nail-polish.
-Wears any odd, silver jewellery or symbols. Some of these include: reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other Satanic worshipping symbols.
-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.
-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)
-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.
-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.
-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.
-Takes drugs.
-Drinks alcohol.
-Is suicidal and/or depressed.
-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)
-Complains of boredom.
-Sleeps too excessively or too little.
-Is excessively awake during the night.
-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)
-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.
-Spends large amounts of time alone.
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your chid may speak to evil sprits through meditation.)
-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.
-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.
-Misbehaves at school.
-Misbehaves at home.
-Eats excessively or too little.
-Eats Goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.
-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)
-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)
-Plays videos games that contain violence or role-playing nature.
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
-Makes satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.
-Dances to music in an insane manner
-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.
-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.
-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a Goth".
-Claims to be a Goth.

If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene immediately. The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it. If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center.

I have almost everything on this list, but I have yet to drink alcohol and take drugs...like I'de want to. -_-
When I first read through this I laughed insanely, but I had to remove 2 of the additions on the list, as they where very innapropriate.
Opinions of GOTHS?
Please be careful what you say, as I am a GOTH myself. -_-
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
GOTHS
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 09:07:45 am »
I hate that list, it is a complete stereotype. I'm NOT a goth, and I am on the internet up to 10 hours a day. And I also have a disorder or something that makes me "misbehave" at school, and as I said before, I am NOT a goth. I don't have an opinion on goths.

That count dracula thing seems like a joke. :laugh:

Elizabeth Rose

GOTHS
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 09:46:05 am »
Oh good lord. I AM a Goth but I am still a Christian. I do not do anything Satanic. I do wear lots of black in all forms. I listen to Goth music. Everything on that list pertains to me except the Satanic stuff and the drugs and alchohol. This insults and angers me to know that people think so low of people like/similar to me but I am not necessarily surprised. The church is great at condeming people before they even have all the facts.

Sarah, may I ask where this article came from? Do you have a link and if so could you please let me see it?

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
GOTHS
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 10:22:55 am »
not really, there was some people near the church here in england handing them out...if you didn't take one, they would talk and not shut up. -_-
This is an odd article, but it's funny...yes? XD
If you MUST know exactly where in england it came from, it was in Nottinghamshire, near where I live.
And people around my area are insane. XD
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 10:24:17 am by Sarah »
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Elizabeth Rose

GOTHS
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 11:02:05 am »
Hahaha, love, they are insane in the US of A too. It is indeed funny.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
GOTHS
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 12:24:09 pm »
There are 2 types of goths at my school: the 'ones that burn themselves and have 20 pins in their skin' and the 'ones that just listen to the music and think they're mega-uber-cool'. I have no opinion, but I don't get along with most of em...except for the music lovers...I can stand the music...lol

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
GOTHS
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 01:01:51 pm »
-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.
-Takes drugs.
-Drinks alcohol.
-Complains of boredom.
-Sleeps too excessively or too little.
-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.
-Misbehaves at school.
-Misbehaves at home.
-Eats excessively or too little.
-Eats Goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.
-Plays videos games that contain violence or role-playing nature.
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.

All of the things i put into quotes have nothing to do with Gothicness.
All Time

Weekly

Shizzle

GOTHS
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 01:04:10 pm »
There are 2 types of goths at my school: the 'ones that burn themselves and have 20 pins in their skin' and the 'ones that just listen to the music and think they're mega-uber-cool'. I have no opinion, but I don't get along with most of em...except for the music lovers...I can stand the music...lol
Yuck!! ouch!!! ewww!!!  :ohmy:  

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
GOTHS
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2004, 01:12:29 pm »
I can't stand goths. Just recently we we're working on a science group project. We were force to work with these people. And this goth would show us picture's she drew of people dieing and stuff. Or would invite people to her funeral and say I want to kill everyone. After I while we had decided to tune her out and talk about Football or something else she wouldn't understand.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
GOTHS
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2004, 04:41:17 pm »
Hahaha.  I'm "guilty" of at least half of the items on that list, and Count Chocula happens to be my favorite cereal.  Anyway, I tend to dislike extreme conservatives, and goths are the exact opposite.  So, I can stand them.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

One time thing

GOTHS
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2004, 04:59:20 pm »
None of the above. I pity them. I know one that cuts himself, It's said.

Gideon Brown

GOTHS
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2004, 06:19:08 pm »
I have absolutely no problem with Goths...I myself was one for a year and a half, and now when I hear people ASSUME goth and wicca are the same I get really angry, as they are two different pagan religions. I do not agree with the gothic beliefs anymore, but tend to believe in the wiccan beliefs (which are related to the elements and earth herself).
Saying that wearing a band t-shirt makes you Goth makes no sense. Okay...maybe a Megadeth T-shirt or a Nirvana one...MAYBE...but my Great Big Sea T-shirt would make me...Canadian...as it's white with a great big red maple leaf in the centre of it with GBS in white, and underneath it says The Beautiful Tour....it's the only white shirt I'll wear....so NO I'm not Goth....lol. Still have lots of Goth friends tho!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 06:19:38 pm by Charliez Fallen Angel »

GIR

GOTHS
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2004, 06:27:29 pm »
None of the above. I pity them. I know one that cuts himself, It's said.
ditto i dont hate them but yeah their wierd let me thier is a fine line between goth and punk i am niether just a pc junky

MiraclrPlz

GOTHS
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2004, 07:26:15 pm »
I can't say I'm particulary fond of them.

Starr2k3

GOTHS
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2004, 07:28:05 pm »
I can't say I'm particulary fond of them.
There is no point in posting in a DEBATE Den topic if your not gonna support anything you say.