Author Topic: Graphics  (Read 6305 times)

foulpattie

Graphics
« on: August 09, 2003, 12:05:06 pm »
What are the best graphics in a game you have ever seen?

Offline DoomBringer316

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://Meh, Removed.
Graphics
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2003, 12:06:19 pm »
Doom III looks incredible, along with Halo 2.

foulpattie

Graphics
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2003, 01:06:04 pm »
Itys really hard to say which has the best. Halo 2 looks like it'll have great graphics but i've seen a few that look a little better.

Halo
Final Fantasy X
Metroid Prime
Dead or alive Extreame Beach Volleyball(Hahahahha)
and Kingdom Hearts is the difficult one cuz when the disney characters are present they try to blend the humans in with the disney. Which is fine but in the begiinnig and the end graphics look really increadible. like xbox. But still there r a bunch others that look good. If u think kingdom hearts has crappy graphics PM me and i'll send you a pic.

Peace out

Offline DoomBringer316

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Graphics
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2003, 01:41:42 pm »
I really don't see how you could say a PS2 game has the best graphics out of anything you've seen. I think you are just thinking of FMV sequences. We should be discussing in-game graphics, not something that's FMV. I'm not sure, maybe I'm wrong about what you mean. And Halo 2's graphics are/will be better than Halo's.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2003, 01:44:05 pm by DoomBringer316 »

foulpattie

Graphics
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2003, 01:52:46 pm »
Oh I didn't say a PS2 game had the best i was just saying it was one of the best, and yeah i was talking about cutscene graphics. But if the game didn't have disney characters i'd like to see what it would look like. And yeah Halo 2 graphics are far beyond Halo.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Graphics
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2003, 02:06:01 pm »
Cutscene graphics don't mean anything.  Thats like putting a Toy Story 2 DVD in my Xbox and saying that it has the best graphics on a console.  Anyway,  Halo 2, Half-Life 2, and Doom ]|[ look like they're going to have amazing graphics.  Out of games that are already out, I think DOAXBV has really good graphics (not just because of the hot chicks in it).  A lot of PC games have great graphics, but you have to have a killer gaming computer to to be able to run them at decent speeds.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2003, 02:06:29 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

foulpattie

Graphics
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2003, 08:43:39 pm »
They have to mean something but really u guys have to see to reallly explain it. I think. And the toy story thing that is suppose to look like a cgi cartoon sorta, video games are suppose to look real and if it looks real it has killer graphics. And yeah you need a really good PC to get good gaming. Cuz i have Jedi Outcast for my PC and the graphics are bad and they reapeat words and stuff but its just really hard to play like that.  :blink: Glitch Glitch

Offline DoomBringer316

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Graphics
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2003, 08:45:50 pm »
The point is, FMVs are not a representation of graphics of a game. Any of the three major consoles right now can produce some killer FMVs, but the in-game graphics will be vastly different.

foulpattie

Graphics
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2003, 08:51:35 pm »
On some the cutscene graphics are way different than the in game graphics. But on alot of games they don't change so yeah whatever. Kingdom Hearts still has some killer in game graphics and I think it was nominated for those g4tv awards this year for best graphics. So thats the end of that. I 4got a game with really awesome graphics. Rebel Strike.  

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Graphics
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2003, 12:29:36 am »
Foulpattie, an FMV is a VIDEO, its not even graphics.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline DoomBringer316

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Graphics
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2003, 07:11:18 am »
Maybe it was nominated for best graphics on a PS2 game. Or was it out of everything?

Yellowbird

Graphics
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2003, 07:41:29 am »
Foulpattie, an FMV is a VIDEO, its not even graphics.
Exactly. So FFX has the best cutscene video perhaps but not graf/x.

A PS2 game getting voted best graf/x, now that's funny. I beleive for the best graf/x on PS2. That would make more since b/c we all know that the PS2 has limitations that makes it's graf/x engine worse than even the Gamecube's.

I would say Doom 3, they are even wondering if it can be remade completely for something as powerful as the Xbox. Then my next vote goes to Halo 2 because that sucker looks like a beautiful movie--but the graf/x are real in-game stuff.

FFX was an nice looking PS2 game. But I don't really like games that have so many CS that you feel like you are watching a movie more than you are playing a game. That was a major probelm I had with FFX, not to meantion that it was too linear and Tidus was Whiny Wimp of the Year.   :biggrin:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2003, 07:42:05 am by Yellowbird »

PatrickTheLazyStarfish

Graphics
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2003, 11:02:51 am »
Metal Gear Solid:Sons of Liberty has really great graphics. I think thats the best graphic game :\
« Last Edit: August 10, 2003, 11:03:20 am by PatrickTheLazyStarfish »

Patrick

Graphics
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2003, 02:36:26 pm »
metroid prime 2, metroid prime. duuuuuuuuuuude.

foulpattie

Graphics
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2003, 08:22:01 pm »
Maybe it was nominated for best graphics on a PS2 game. Or was it out of everything?
Yeah it was outa of everything. FMV video? Um uh well there is the ending movie and the opening movie that is good looking. Um like the game has a lot of cutscenes and the only ones that are different are the end and the opening... and deep dive. Deep dive is really awesome i think u guys should check it out cuz you can download it.  www.ansemreport.com