Author Topic: My Name!  (Read 21724 times)

melly005

My Name!
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2003, 11:36:59 am »
guys..... can we PLEEEEEEEZE create a new thread about kazaa???

by the way, this is a very entertaining argument, kinda like my school's debate team....

but ppl still didnt answer my question. have they started the tracking down process yet?  :ph34r:  

sPoNg3b0b

My Name!
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2003, 11:38:06 am »
Yes, actually i do believe at that !#%& from the RIAA because they are working directly with the government to track down people like you who dont give a !#%&.

oh.. and i happen to know what piracy means also...

It happens to be when you're using someone else's invention, music, idea, and stuff like that without their permission, especially when you're infringing a copywrite. (which all of you kazaa people happen to be doing!)

And yes melly, they have started the tracking down process. they've already caught some people.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 11:39:06 am by sPoNg3b0b »

Offline DoomBringer316

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://Meh, Removed.
My Name!
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2003, 11:39:22 am »
Oh. My. God. Are you really that naive? Get it through your thick skull. YOU WON'T BE ARRESTED IF YOU USE KAZAA CASUALLY. Jeebus.

sPoNg3b0b

My Name!
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2003, 11:42:54 am »
Thank you, i have a very thick skull indeed. I do drink a lot of milk to keep my skull and bones healthy. I'm dropping this stupid topic because none of you will ever listen to what i have to say.

:happy: (cant wait till the day all of you get sued!) :happy: That will be the happiest day of my life.

Offline DoomBringer316

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
My Name!
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2003, 11:44:15 am »
Ok then, you keep waiting for that day. Have fun.

melly005

My Name!
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2003, 11:46:11 am »
That's probably a good idea, let's drop the topic.  :happy:

ok, bi everyone..... i'm starving  :tongue:  

Offline falco

• Honorable
  • Gary
    • View Profile
    • http://
My Name!
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2003, 11:48:28 am »
ok people with 80 friggin gig of illegal material...yeah they are cruising for a sueing ....haha im a poet and i didint know it...well any way...most people dont use kazaa THAT much.  and it is ok to dl music...if u delete it within 24 hours...same with roms....i mean people dont do that normally but i believe that is the law.  and spongebob....do the kids at skool kall u dingle juice? i bet they do...
...the best time to wear a striped sweater...
is alll the tiiiime...

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
My Name!
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2003, 12:38:18 pm »
I've stoped talking about it cuz i dont care about what happens to the people here.
That isnt I saw a page of messages later...

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
My Name!
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2003, 12:52:24 pm »
It's really sad how stubborn and clueless some of you people are.  Ok, I'm going to start out by saying that KAZAA ISN'T ILLEGAL.  The program in itself is perfectly legal.  It's just a way of transferring files from one person to another.  It is possible to use it illegally though, when the files being transferred are copyrighted, and the person sending it or recieveing it does not have the rights to the file.  This is what the whole RIAA issue is about.  The RIAA is a firm that protects the copyrights of it's clients, who are the record companies.  The RIAA's goal is to stop the illegal distribution of it's copyrighted materials on Kazaa.  Right now, employees at the RIAA and visiting Kazaa and are searching for music files that are copyrighted by it's clients.  When they find the files, they download them and see who it is that they are downloading from.  They then get the person's IP address by using netstat.  Netstat is an ms-dos command that show's any internet transfers being made.  After getting the person's IP/Domain name, they file a subpoena that allows them to go to the person's ISP, which has to give the name/address/telephone number of the user who had the IP address at the time of the file transfer.  As of right now, around 1,100 subpoenas have been filed by the RIAA.  The RIAA is then going to file lawsuits against those people.  So that sums up the RIAA process, now for some Q&A:

Q:  So that means that using Kazaa is illegal, right?
A:  No, it only means that sending copyrighted files that you don't have the rights for is illegal.  Any file that isn't copyrighted is legal to distribute on Kazaa

Q:  Can I get arrested for downloading files off of Kazaa?
A:  No, actually you can't.  The RIAA can only file a subpoena if they downloaded an illegal file off of you.  The RIAA can't put up copyrighted files and then sue you if you try to download them, because that would be entrapment.

Q:  Is the government going to arrest me?
A:  No, the government currently is not doing anything about this.  These are civil cases, RIAA vs. filesharer, not criminal cases, Government vs. filesharer.  So a lawsuit will only result in a loss of money, not going to jail.  Also, the RIAA wants to settle as many cases as possible out of court to save legal fees.  This isn't a campaign to try to make more money for themselves, as they are already getting paid well by the record industry.  This is propaganda to try to scare people out of using Kazaa.

Q:  What are the chances of me being sued?
A:  Not very high.  Millions of people use Kazaa, but only 1,100 are going to be sued right now.  Also, those being sued are people who share a LOT of copyrighted materials for the most part.  If you disable the uploading of files in Kazaa, then there's a 0% chance of getting sued.

Q: What is Kazaa Lite, and how can it help me?
A:  Kazaa Lite is a version of Kazaa that has no Spyware or Adware.  It also has additional tools that can speed up downloads and just generally improve the Kazaa experience.  It can also prevent you from getting sued, because it has an option to disable letting people see what files you have.  It also blocks IP address ranges used by the RIAA, but that feature isn't likely to help much, because the RIAA can easily use other IP addresses.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 12:58:53 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline DoomBringer316

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
My Name!
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2003, 12:58:04 pm »
Read that VERY carefully, little ones.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
My Name!
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2003, 01:00:08 pm »
Wow, that was great. That was just...thank you.

sPoNg3b0b

My Name!
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2003, 01:04:12 pm »
ahh... the almightly and evernowing (did i spell that rite?) cmonkey comes to save the day and tell people that kazaa isn't bad but gets what i wanted to tell everyone across. I understood that downloading Kazaa wasn't illegal, but downloading the copyrighted stuff was. AND STOP REVOLTING AGAINST ME BECAUSE I WAS TRYING TO GET THAT WORD ACROSS TO YOU!!!! Arg. :furious:

:cry: i was just trying to help... and u all made me  look like an idiot :cry:

and falco nobody calls me dingle juice.... where in the world did you get that stupid term??? From what people call you in the proper ghetto? That's about as good as saying buttface. (sorry cmonkey... i dont like when people......turn to the dark side.... (making fun of me and stuff lol) :starwars:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 01:08:12 pm by sPoNg3b0b »

Offline DoomBringer316

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
My Name!
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2003, 01:06:12 pm »
and u all made me look like an idiot

Actually, you did a fine job of doing that yourself.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
My Name!
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2003, 01:06:48 pm »
1. You did not spell that right

2. You are an idiot.

sPoNg3b0b

My Name!
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2003, 01:19:50 pm »
1. There is no such word as "evernowing" or anything like it, i put that word there someone like you would go and say you didn't spell that right when if they were smart enough the would have said, there isn't a word.

2. I'm sorry to say but from previous experiences and posts, i have figured out that i think you mixed up the words you and I in your post on #2.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 01:20:29 pm by sPoNg3b0b »