Author Topic: how do you?  (Read 2752 times)

spongebuddie

how do you?
« on: July 08, 2005, 08:25:41 pm »
ya kno how yall put songs on ur blog??? its like whenever you pull up the page (the blog) whichever song just starts playing i've tryed lookin around my options but i can't find nuttin
sizzleinsean has a bunch of songs to choose from on his blog to listen to i'd like to have that on mine so i can play which ever song i have on there
thanks,
sean

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
how do you?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 08:30:28 pm »
When you write your entry, there should be an option below your entry.

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
how do you?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 08:44:24 pm »
Under your entry, it'll show something that says "Listening (Music)". Type in the band name, and then pick the right album. It should work.

Kenny Blankenship

how do you?
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 08:55:57 pm »
No.  She means how does she get the jukebox on her site?

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
how do you?
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 09:53:31 pm »
When you edit your Xanga, go to "Look and Feel".

Go to this site - www.xanga.com/html_derrr

On that site, it has a LOT of different codes to choose from, but you want to scroll down to a little before the bottom of the page to where it says "Drop-down music list". Underneath that, it'll have this weird HTML code in a box. You copy and paste that into your Website Stats in your Look and Feel. NOW, you have to pay attention.

<p style="text-align: center">
<select style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND:#transparent; WIDTH: 150px; COLOR: #33666; font-face: verdana" name="playlist" size="1">
<option value="0">SONG NAME</option> <-lookie here That's where you put the title of your song (obviously) Now scroll down.
<option value="1">SONG NAME</option>
<option value="2">SONG NAME</option>
<option value="3">SONG NAME</option>
<option value="4">SONG NAME</option>
<option value="5">SONG NAME</option>

</select>

<input TYPE="BUTTON" NAME="darkplay" VALUE="play" OnClick="play(document.forms['form'].playlist);">
<input TYPE="BUTTON" NAME="darkpause" VALUE="pause" OnClick="document.darkplayer.Pause(); playstate=2;">
<input TYPE="BUTTON" NAME="darkstop" VALUE="stop" OnClick="document.darkplayer.Stop(); playstate=2;"></p>
</form>
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
var playstate = 1;

where it says VALUE="____" You can edit out where it says PAUSE to something like "TAKE A BREAK." Same for PLAY and STOP.
shuffle = 1;  // set to 0 to always play first song in list
             // set to 1 to randomly choose the first song to play
songs=new Array();
songs[0]="SONG URL";
songs[1]="SONG URL";
songs[2]="SONG URL";
songs[3]="SONG URL"; <-Now you need the song's URL to support it. For the best song choices, go to www.xanga.com/music_that_works_2  
songs[4]="SONG URL";
songs[5]="SONG URL";

That's not the complete code, but that's the only part you need to edit out and stuff. Hope that helped a bit. If you need something else, just ask. I'm bad at informing and stuff.

spongebuddie

how do you?
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 10:09:56 pm »
When you edit your Xanga, go to "Look and Feel".

Go to this site - www.xanga.com/html_derrr

On that site, it has a LOT of different codes to choose from, but you want to scroll down to a little before the bottom of the page to where it says "Drop-down music list". Underneath that, it'll have this weird HTML code in a box. You copy and paste that into your Website Stats in your Look and Feel. NOW, you have to pay attention.

<p style="text-align: center">
<select style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND:#transparent; WIDTH: 150px; COLOR: #33666; font-face: verdana" name="playlist" size="1">
<option value="0">SONG NAME</option> <-lookie here That's where you put the title of your song (obviously) Now scroll down.
<option value="1">SONG NAME</option>
<option value="2">SONG NAME</option>
<option value="3">SONG NAME</option>
<option value="4">SONG NAME</option>
<option value="5">SONG NAME</option>

</select>

<input TYPE="BUTTON" NAME="darkplay" VALUE="play" OnClick="play(document.forms['form'].playlist);">
<input TYPE="BUTTON" NAME="darkpause" VALUE="pause" OnClick="document.darkplayer.Pause(); playstate=2;">
<input TYPE="BUTTON" NAME="darkstop" VALUE="stop" OnClick="document.darkplayer.Stop(); playstate=2;"></p>
</form>
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
var playstate = 1;

where it says VALUE="____" You can edit out where it says PAUSE to something like "TAKE A BREAK." Same for PLAY and STOP.
shuffle = 1;  // set to 0 to always play first song in list
             // set to 1 to randomly choose the first song to play
songs=new Array();
songs[0]="SONG URL";
songs[1]="SONG URL";
songs[2]="SONG URL";
songs[3]="SONG URL"; <-Now you need the song's URL to support it. For the best song choices, go to www.xanga.com/music_that_works_2 
songs[4]="SONG URL";
songs[5]="SONG URL";

That's not the complete code, but that's the only part you need to edit out and stuff. Hope that helped a bit. If you need something else, just ask. I'm bad at informing and stuff.
[snapback]203939[/snapback]
whats in bold theres where you lost me
wheres the URL all i see are buttons

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
how do you?
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 10:39:50 pm »
What was in bold was me. I was explaining on what to do. =)

You know how it lists the artists on the music site? Well, click the artist of your choice and it will bring up a totally different webpage full of their songs. Next to the songs it will say "PLAY". To make sure it works, click play. If you just want to get it over with, right click PLAY and copy it into the section of the code where it wants the URL.

You know what? Just give me a list of the songs you want that are on that site. I'll try to find some time to make it for you. I'm feeling generous tonight.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
how do you?
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 12:57:08 am »
I use www.createblog.com

It has tons of scripts, even for other blogs. Skins, too.

For music, I use www.cdzinc.com. It has almost every artist that you can think of on there. To get the code from the song that you want from cdzinc on xanga, when you're at a band's page, right click "PLAY" and go to Properties. Copy the link from that window and paste it into your jukebox code.

Kenny Blankenship

how do you?
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 07:46:46 am »
I use www.createblog.com

For music, I use www.cdzinc.com. It has almost every artist that you can think of on there. To get the code from the song that you want from cdzinc on xanga, when you're at a band's page, right click "PLAY" and go to Properties. Copy the link from that window and paste it into your jukebox code.
[snapback]203961[/snapback]

Woah... hello.  That site has a lot of music....

Hello jukebox to my little site...

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
how do you?
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 08:23:59 am »
I use www.createblog.com

[snapback]203961[/snapback]

Forget that site I posted, this one is way better. (Thanks Hannah)

spongebuddie

how do you?
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 10:07:29 am »
i want
let me hold you by lil bow wow (they didn't have that one either)
southside by Lloyd (nope they didn't have that one)
feeling good inc by the gorillaz (they didn't have that one either)
he wasn't by avril lavine  (they didn't have that one either)
don't phunk with my heart by the black eyed peas (they didn't have that one)
mockingbird by eminem (thats the only one i found on that site)
i looked and only found one ^^^ on the site that fink gave me before
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 10:46:52 am by spongebuddie »

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
how do you?
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2005, 01:25:33 pm »
I've been searching for Feel Good Inc. myself, but I'll check the other site and PM you the code.