Author Topic: Musicians on drugs  (Read 7732 times)

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Musicians on drugs
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2005, 06:21:35 pm »
I think some of the kewlest songs have been created while the musician is on drugs. Drugs amplify sensations, which in the end, amplify your writing and musical ability. I, personally, am not hardcore against drugs, as I myself have tried some, so I see no problem in musicians doing them. The problem is that because they are in the spotlight they are the ones to be noticed doing drugs, and not the regular business man.
[snapback]191325[/snapback]

The only drug that should be completley legal is Marajauna. When clean, and in a pure form. Having marajauna illigal is like having smoking illigal it is fact that nobody has ever died of a marajauna overdose.. For all the other drugs, those things mess you up big time.

Gideon Brown

Musicians on drugs
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2005, 06:56:59 pm »
I know this...considering I was royally peeved at Martin making it illegal again. I've been around the blocks a few times, you know. Err....I mean...I've never tried marijuana in my life.

Offline partiallynothing

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://stripslashes.net/
Musicians on drugs
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2005, 09:47:01 pm »
The only drug that should be completley legal is Marajauna. When clean, and in a pure form. Having marajauna illigal is like having smoking illigal it is fact that nobody has ever died of a marajauna overdose.. For all the other drugs, those things mess you up big time.
I do not understand why marijuana is ilegal.  Compared to cigarettes, marijuana is so much better for you!  Heck, my DARE instructor in High School said this!  Mariguana (in its pure form) is not in the least addictive.  Smoking is.  That alone makes it much better.  Alchohol also causes something close to 50% of the accidents in the U.S.  Marijuana has not caused ANY in Connecticut (I do not know about other states).  Why is alchohol legal and marijuana not?  Who knows...

Getting on topic, one of my favorite bands, Tool, supposidly does not do drugs.  And Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor just got cleaned up for his newest album and I very much like the work.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Musicians on drugs
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2005, 09:57:00 pm »
I do not understand why marijuana is ilegal.  Compared to cigarettes, marijuana is so much better for you!  Heck, my DARE instructor in High School said this!  Mariguana (in its pure form) is not in the least addictive.  Smoking is.  That alone makes it much better.  Alchohol also causes something close to 50% of the accidents in the U.S.  Marijuana has not caused ANY in Connecticut (I do not know about other states).  Why is alchohol legal and marijuana not?  Who knows...

Getting on topic, one of my favorite bands, Tool, supposidly does not do drugs.  And Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor just got cleaned up for his newest album and I very much like the work.
[snapback]194407[/snapback]
Cannabis (marijuana), was made illegal for politcal reasons. The biggest problem with Cannabis  in the 40's was not marijuana but hemp. Hemp was taking away from cotton sales so the cotton lobby had Cannabis banned. But marijuana if pure is not bad for you. And is believed to help cancer, it is beleived to get rid of pain, and protect the nervous system. And it was once legal before the 40's.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline partiallynothing

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://stripslashes.net/
Musicians on drugs
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2005, 10:01:59 pm »
The only problem is getting it in pure form.  I know some people at my school who do marijuana and they could not care less about where or who they get it from.  I do not have any interest in marijuana, but for the sake of some of my friends, I wish there was an easy was to get it pure.  Some of the common additives  today are very dangerouse and unhealthy.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 10:02:30 pm by partiallynothing »

Sheldon J. Plankton

Musicians on drugs
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2005, 04:42:05 pm »
We've gone off topic.

I don't think the real lives of musicians should influence whether or not people should listen to them. It's all about the music.