Author Topic: Pokemon Is Evil  (Read 8794 times)

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Pokemon Is Evil
« on: June 22, 2005, 10:36:12 pm »
Remember the "Are You Goth?" thread?

This is something very similar to that.

It is an essay, a paper, a...whatever you wanna call it that my mom picked up from her church when I was around 9 years old. It's trying to discourage parents from letting their children play/watch Pokemon. I found it one day and decided to type it up (typos and all) just for the fun of it. So you should read it even though it's kinda long. It's a laugh riot. Especially towards the end. I promise.

The deal about those Poke’mon Products.

What is it about these Pok’emon cards, games and shows?In the book , “How to become a Pok’emon master. By Hank Schlesinger, He states this game isn’t as violent as currently used video games. The author goes on to say “While there is fighting in the Pok’emon game, the object of the game is not to kill the monsters you encounter but rather to capture, train and collect them.”

The plot of Pok’emon is orchestrated around a young boy named Ash Ketchum ( as in Catch’em) and his adventures to capture and train all 150 Pok’emon in the game. There is alot of role playing to explore an imaginary world. Once the boy finds one, he will use his tame Pok’emon and a Poke Ball to capture them . He will then train and “evolve” the Pok’emon.
Young players are encouraged not to hurt the wild Pok’emon but to care for them.

Schools around the country are starting to ban Pok’emon Game Boys, cards and even clothing. The kids were paying so much more attention to the Pok’emon than to their  schoolwork, and they were being stolen at school.

There are Common Pok’emons and Rare ones . There are The Elite Four you must fight at the very end of the game. In fact, the Elite Four are the four biggest battle of the game. They are the four trainers called: Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha and Lance. All have Poke’mon levels above 50 and each one specializes in a different type.
Elemental Stones: There are five stones that Pok’emon need to evolve. They are: Water, Moon, stone, Thunder, Fire and Leaf Stones. You buy them at the Celadon store.
Moon Stones are found in the dungeons. Potions and candy can be bought at Mount Moon along with fossils.

Here are a few Pok’emon Lingo that might inform you of the game:
Now when I spoke of these pok’emon evolving this is what they are referring to. They will grow into another form through experience, it is said to evolve and become stronger and better fighters.
Not all will evolve into something else so this makes them rarer and more valuable.
The Gym is where the pok’emon are tested against other trained Pok’emon in other cities and towns against other Trainers. Gym Leaders are the trainers who become a major opponent in the game and can be found in gyms in the major cities . When you defeat them you get gifts from them.  They gain levels to show the strenghth of their fighting ability. The third level for example is the Magic Dragon’s Dungeon which describes the strength of your Pok’emon character.

Poke Ball is what you capture the Pok’emon in . It is round and comes in different versions: the regular Poke Ball, the Great Ball , the Ultra Ball , and the Master Ball.  There is also a Safari Ball. Pok’emon Center and mart are places you can get, trade , heal and feed your pok’emon stock and buy potions, antidotes and other items to help you complete the adventure.
Potion: A potion is a medicine that can heal a Pok’emon after he has been hurt or injured. They have all types of medicines.
Power Points : A measure of how much power a Pok’emon has .

One of the kids explains the evolving process as : “It’s pretty easy to figure out what stone changes what type of the Pok’emon. The fire stones change the fire types and the thunder stones change the certain electric types. The water stones change water types and the leaf stones evolve to grass types. My favorite pok’emon combinations for battle are Hypnosis and Water Pok’emon in battles.”

Right off the top I can see there are a few things to point out. What type of fruit do we ant for our children ? If we participate in this type of pleasure , we are opening ourselves up to playing with and petting demons. I am sure some of you may think this is a little harsh . Let me continue pointing out that the opening statement is to build a skill in fighting and collecting monsters. While we collect these little monsters we give them cute names and help them evolve. At the risk of offense , this is very closely layered ,as other games ,we have seen that lead little children into accepting demons in their lives. If we look at the master ball or poke’mon ball it is very simular to what the witches use in their craft to capture souls of other human beings…it is called a crystal ball.  If you think this is a thing in the past  it is time to sit up and listen. As the anointing on the church is rising , so is the witchcraft and divination spirits  rising against it.
I found the potions and antidotes to the sickness the Pok’emon need very interesting.  If this is a harmless game why would a witches type of healing be needed?  If I haven’t sparked your interest I’d like to tell you more about the game.

Sabrina is a tough Gym Leader who lives in Saffron Citiy.  Saffron is a derivative of Safrain which refers to Halloween Night.  In the directions of the book of how to be a master player, it tells you to be very careful when dealing with this leader and her team .  She leades a team of ghost and psychic Pok’emon.  The gym is filled with teleporters and she is very magical just like the teenage witch on  Television.

Kona is a leader at Fuchsia City.  He is very difficult to fight because he has Psychic and Poison types that he trains.  The way he can be recognized is Koga wears a Toga.  They rely on cleverness of their own mind.

These are only two of the eight leaders.  How many want kids involved and playing with toys that teach you of withcraft and psychic cleaverness?  The interesting part of the Kona leader is that it is even described to look like a Marial Arts type ,Toga in a gym, to fight….there is a demonic entity tied to :martial arts which connects or links itself with anger , murder,occult , withcraft,lust and violence.  If we follow up on Sabrina, we see the magical leader ties itself with :white magic,blackmagic,sorcery,divination,incantation,blackarts,illusion,spell, conjuring,spell,psychic spirits of inheritance, ESP, spiritualism,clairvoyant,reader, adviser,mind conrol.

Now I know some of the people that read this will say come on your reading into this.   Let the kids have some imaginary fun.  The problem with this is what the mind thinks about comes about.  A child or parent participate in dabblings that can open the door to a demonic infiltrations through such  deceptive practice. This isn’t even to say anything about how offensive this is to a Holy God we serve.

Lets just look at some of the names of the pok’emon:
1.   Gloom is a grass /poison type monster, it evolved from Oddish.

The interesting note of this one is Gloom is a demon name who comes to steal  after a mighty move of God has come through. It is a demon that ties up with Bleakness,despondency,misery
,sadness, woe, darkness,dejection and melancholy.

2.   Mankey is a Fighting type monster that is  kinda like a monker with a very quick temper. It evolves to Primeape.

The interesting  thing I note here is the quick temper on this pokemon…There are definite levels of anger demonic strongholds that attatch to rejection, rage,violence,hatred,wrath,murder,and cruelty,just list a few.  Eph. 4:26, Gen.49:26

3.   Ninetales is a Fire type pok’emon that is very smart and very dangerous.  Just grabbing one of those tails can result in a thousand-year curse.Anything with this type of promise  is only cursing generations to come  as well as your own. 

I haven’t even addressed the hindu influence of the evolution of the poke’mons or the creation worship tied to the moon, thunder,fire and water types  that are pointing to creationalism and New Age thinking. Hindu religion has many gods they worship .  The thinking leads to evolving up to a stronger , more powerful spirit. This is exactly what the poke’mon do but it is giving an opening to this type of thinking that leads to an area for the devil to play with. The obvious divination and witchcraft is even labeled to certain poke’mon and towns. For an example is the city of Saffron which is the same as the day of the ghost you may recognize as Halloween,has ghost and psychics.  To think potions, magical fairies, spiritualism and psychic forms are just for fun is the same as petting demonswhich leads to accepting them. We also have to acknowledge the  Egyptian and Babylonian worship is centered around the creation worship of the moon,water,thunder or celestial sky,and fire which has been mentioned to be in this game.

What I see in this game, is a blatent open assult ,upon  the player to  thrust him in the midst of such witchcraft and idolatrous play.  Never have I seen such a crafty way of putting together every vile stronghold of the enemy ,we as christians  are confronting in this day, in one game. Satan is a leagalist who doesn’t play fair.  If he can get you to enter illegally into the spirit relm through witchcraft,divination,psychic phenomen he can legally attack you.  The gate is wide and broad that leads to destruction and many there be which go in there at..  Satan provides many broad entrances into the spirit realm for the destruction of souls.  Remember that Satan is a lawbreaker, and his nature is sin.  He hates the human race and looks for ways to destroy it . He looks for ways to cause you to break God’s laws so he can attack you.
This is a game full of violence in a very subtle way. It takes you to the dark side in a non-threatning way to familiarize you with it.  The it introduces you to players,who in discription have demonic suggestions, that are into activities that clearly break God’s commandments.  The path it leads to is a deep place for bondage.  If you or your child have been playing this game and participating in it, you may consider requesting information at the church for deliverance prayers. This is a door opener to many diverse demonic infiltrations. For seeds to lay formant to grow into strangling strongholds in the future which are unnecessary. God would like to keep his children free from this type of pain.  It is our sincere prayer that you will prayerfully consider this report and  choose to release your self from any involment in Poke’mon games.

Dragon Of Grief

Pokemon Is Evil
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 10:37:53 pm »
I was reading a guide to pokemon once and i noticed the three bolded letters where in the order as follows.

S.I.N

No joke. I am dead serious.

spongebuddie

Pokemon Is Evil
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 10:40:26 pm »
so...pokimon is a sin?

Dragon Of Grief

Pokemon Is Evil
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 10:42:43 pm »
Basically...

jesusofsuburbia

Pokemon Is Evil
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 10:44:10 pm »
It caused seizures on a bunch of kids in Japan, so I guess it is evil.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 10:46:56 pm by jesusofsuburbia »

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Pokemon Is Evil
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 10:45:02 pm »
Hahahaha. I take it the majority here didn't even read the "essay"?

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Pokemon Is Evil
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 10:49:01 pm »
That. Article. Rocks.

I actually laughed out loud reading that.

Eva:Gina

Pokemon Is Evil
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 10:49:40 pm »
I was reading a guide to pokemon once and i noticed the three bolded letters where in the order as follows.

S.I.N

[snapback]195861[/snapback]
eh, it would bee cooler if tehy spet out
H E Y K I D S P L A Y W I T H M A T C H E S A N D Y O U G R A N N Y S U N D I E S

Sin is such a little word.
anyways, yeah, pokemon is evil, but not because it has anything ot do with satan,jsut cos it sucks so bad.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Pokemon Is Evil
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 10:50:11 pm »
This is my favorite part:
The gate is wide and broad that leads to destruction and many there be which go in there at..

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Pokemon Is Evil
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 01:10:02 am »
It was evil from the start......well.....not necessarily EVIL...but CRAP.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Sheldon J. Plankton

Pokemon Is Evil
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 05:41:49 am »

S.I.N

[snapback]195861[/snapback]

Pokemon is the lost 8th deadly sin.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Pokemon Is Evil
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 08:09:26 am »
I started to get into that Pokemon craze in Middle School x.x Didn't last long, but it ended when someone stole all of my Pokemon cards at school. I want to remind that person that I love them XD

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Pokemon Is Evil
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 08:14:05 am »
Pokemon owns you. :ph34r:

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Pokemon Is Evil
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 08:14:25 am »
I started to get into that Pokemon craze in Middle School x.x Didn't last long, but it ended when someone stole all of my Pokemon cards at school. I want to remind that person that I love them XD
[snapback]195995[/snapback]

XD I remember that.  Oh and by the way...I stole them. Oh wait...no I didn't.

I was a huge Pokémon freak, but I'd never steal someone's cards.  I thought it was wrong.

I remember reading something like this essay a long time ago on some website.  Funny stuff I tell ya.  

I also remember when the cards came out, people called them evil because one of them was supposedly doing the "satanic wave."  People just fish for ways to end fads instead of letting them die.

Jackie-Boy

Pokemon Is Evil
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 08:33:27 am »
DOES ANYONE ELSE THINK THAT SNORLAX'S POINTY EARS REPRESENT SATAN'S HORNS? THAT'S WHAT I THINK AND BECAUSE I'M CATHOLIC YOU SHOULD BELIEVE ME. BLAH BLAH BLAH. I AM A TOOL. ALSO, THAT POKEMON NAMED MEW SEEMS TO BE THE POKEMON VERSION OF GOD. ARE YOU SUGGESTING THAT GOD IS SMALL AND PINK? NO. GOD IS TALL AND WHITE BECAUSE ONLY SOMEONE WHITE CAN BE GOD. HE HATES YOU UNLESS YOU'RE CATHOLIC JUST LIKE ME. GOD LOVES ME. SHUT UP. DON'T THROW THAT AT ME OR ELSE YOU'LL BE SINNED. HEY, STOP THAT. ANYWAY, LISTEN TO ME, IT'S NOT TO LATE TO SAVE YOU ALL. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SELL YOUR POKEMON CARDS AND USE THE MONEY TO SEE 'THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST' THREE TO FIVE TIMES IN ONE DAY. JESUS WILL FORGIVE YOU FOR SHOWING HIM SOME LOVE AT THE BOX OFFICE. BLAH BLAH BLAH. I AM A TOOL.

Some kid at my school said something similar to that to the grade schoolers once last year while The Passion was in theaters.