Author Topic: The Government Can TAKE your property  (Read 4759 times)

Dragon Of Grief

The Government Can TAKE your property
« on: July 01, 2005, 11:51:35 am »
Apparently if they want to do economic development over your land they can just TAKE IT... they offer you some money, and if you still say no they declare the land uninhabitable and just take it form you anyways... or they give the land to someone else who has "Better Intentions" with the land... such utter BS. It's communistic.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 01:03:05 pm »
Apparently if they want to do economic development over your land they can just TAKE IT... they offer you some money, and if you still say no they declare the land uninhabitable and just take it form you anyways... or they give the land to someone else who has "Better Intentions" with the land... such utter BS. It's communistic.
[snapback]199866[/snapback]
Okay, you're making this sound worse than it actually is. The Government can take your property, but it's rare that they do and they only do it when they really feel they need to. When they do make a decision like that they pay you for it and wait until you buy a new house and move.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 01:45:47 pm »
Okay, you're making this sound worse than it actually is. The Government can take your property, but it's rare that they do and they only do it when they really feel they need to. When they do make a decision like that they pay you for it and wait until you buy a new house and move.
[snapback]199910[/snapback]

But it's still wrong...I hate the government anyway.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

timstapels

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 01:47:29 pm »
I don't think that's the law in NZ. Theres a particular mall or something in my city and it has a house, just sitting there, in the middle of the car park. What obviously happened was other people got money but this persons wouldn't take it and now they just live there...... weird.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 01:57:39 pm »
wow. strange. i think the whole government is bs, lies lies lies.... wait thats just george bush XD! but the government sucks too, im not hapy with the government, they seem to be more powerful than the president , which is good i guess, considering george bush is our president XD , but still
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 03:18:31 pm »
[snapback]199910[/snapback]
It's still wrong, and soon it might not be rare. What is yours is yours, and the government should have absolutely no right to it.

Eva:Gina

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 02:53:25 am »
if it IS uninhabitable then no one should live htere

but every country can do that

at the moment in nz there are big fights cos they wanna stick power pylons in peoples back yards, only in the poor areas, of course.
those things are terrible, my freinds mum had a brain tumor removed, and htey said she was recovered, two months after moving next to  a power pylon the tumor is back and three months after that, she dies :(

Snowthrower

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2005, 09:19:26 am »
I absolutely HATE this new thing. Its almost dictator-like things. I honestly hope people are writing letters to their senators and representatives to let the Supreme Court to readdress this issue.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2005, 09:47:13 pm »
This affected a neighborhood in Cincinnati, not to build a highway or a civic building but  a MALL. That's right they're tearing down a whole neighborhood to build a MALL. Just for the tax money. It's in a city independent of Cincinnati that's broke because GM left 15 years ago.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Eva:Gina

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2005, 12:53:06 am »
I absolutely HATE this new thing. Its almost dictator-like things. I honestly hope people are writing letters to their senators and representatives to let the Supreme Court to readdress this issue.
[snapback]200321[/snapback]
since when is it new??

its the way the world is

and if its illegal, they find a loophole to make it ok, and you can never win, they are the GOVERENMENT!!!

*grumbles, puts a suitcase outside a parliment building*

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2005, 07:48:31 pm »
Apperently this has happened in my area too. They were building another runway for the sea-tac airport and they needed to destroy some houses to get some land. Of course they destroyed made in usa houses as well. But the owners had to be paid resonable money for it. I talked to this lady who owned  one of those houses. She said "hey I let them have it as long as they pay me the same amount of money I paid for it.

But of course this project is really stupid now. They put art on a retaining wall. This is just going to cause more traffic problems as well as poulution  :mf_argue:
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Sheldon J. Plankton

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 01:24:33 pm »
This can be a good thing, what if you live in a dirty, run down apartment or something, and they're going to build you a nicer apartment. Having to live in a trailer park for a while would pay off for that.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2005, 02:25:44 pm »
This can be a good thing, what if you live in a dirty, run down apartment or something, and they're going to build you a nicer apartment. Having to live in a trailer park for a while would pay off for that.
[snapback]202518[/snapback]
What if they don't want it? Should they be forced to have the nicer appartment?

That's not the real issue anyway. The big deal is a man can have his farm TAKEN from him and a Wal-Mart put in it's place.