Author Topic: (sigh) College...  (Read 12749 times)

Kenny Blankenship

(sigh) College...
« on: September 01, 2005, 06:19:57 pm »
Yeah... this thing called college.  It's about to take over my life and consume every last fiber of me.

Yep... amazingly enough, the time has come.  I move into the University of Minnesota campus on Saturday, which by my count is only two friggin' days away.  Excited?  A little.  Nervous?  Oh heck yes.

I guess if you've talked to me at all the past few months or have even read my stupid blog enough, you'd know how immensely worried I am about it.  It's probably mostly because I'm the biggest worrywort in the world, but I'm going into a completely new environment.  I'm making the transition from being homeschooled, to going to a school with who knows how many people.  Making the transition from living in the middle of nowhere, to living in the largest city in the state.  Making the transition from living in my comfortable room with only my family, to living with a complete stranger inside a dorm with hundreds of other complete strangers.  Ick.

But enough about that.  Why I'm worrying about college isn't necessarily what the topic's purpose is for.  I just had to rant a little about it anyway.  I guess my point for this stinkin' topic is about my status at this little place.

So yes... I'm not leaving for good.  Well, not yet, at least.  I'll still be around and try to resume my duties as super moderator extraordinaire and all. But you should be seeing a lot less of me around here.  Or should I say: you better see me on a lot less.

Not that I've grown to intensely dislike everything and everyone around here, but I'm going to hate myself forever and ever if I sit at college all the time and just waste the supposed best years of my life at a computer screen.  Which is probably what I will end up doing, but still... I have to make some concerted effort to, you know... HAVE A LIFE.  Which isn't really possible with how much I use the internet now. (it's quite pathetic, really...)

So in essence, I'm going to scale back, I want to scale back, I *need* to scale back here (and other web sites as well).  I might waste all of my time here anyway, so please, if you do spot me spending inordinate amounts of time on the forum, yell at me... or kick me... or threaten to eat my children or something.  Seriously.  It might do the trick...

(Note: I *could* put this into the Pineapple, but since it sort of pertains college in addition to my supposed "semi-retirement", I put it in Everything Else.  Ha.)

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
(sigh) College...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 06:21:32 pm »
Ha. I told myself I'd stop being here so much after college started.

I lied.

Rabble

(sigh) College...
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 06:22:00 pm »
Aw. Get good grades for us.

Ich vermisse Sie.

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 06:25:52 pm »
I started on Wednesday so it's only my 3rd day and I can't do anything but study, study, and oh yeah, STUDY!

Kenny Blankenship

(sigh) College...
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 06:27:42 pm »

I lied.
[snapback]226478[/snapback]

I could be lying as well, but I'm most definitely going to make a concerted effort to scale back on my internet usage.  It's something that needs to happen.  For my betterment... to save my sanity...

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 06:29:22 pm »

I lied.

I could be lying as well, but I'm most definitely going to make a concerted effort to scale back on my internet usage.  It's something that needs to happen.  For my betterment... to save my sanity...
[snapback]226484[/snapback]
Probably me too. But I'm doing all of this from my laptop at SDSU! It's finally a time when my classes are over and I'm in my dorm.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
(sigh) College...
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 06:31:54 pm »
Speaking of classes....I only have one on Friday.  From 1:00-1:50.  :biggrin:

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 06:32:49 pm »
And you had to say that because why?

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
(sigh) College...
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 06:33:55 pm »
Because this is a topic about college.  Alex said that in his post.  It's not just about him moving in.

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 06:35:33 pm »
Yeah, I guess. Anyway, My teachers are kind of annoying. Well, what can I do, I'm stuck with them! Tax calcualtion confuses me a little, but I'll get it after 8 years of college and Tax School!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 06:39:05 pm by jojobird »

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
(sigh) College...
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 06:38:27 pm »
The worst part of college is having professors who don't speak English well.

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005, 06:39:23 pm »
The worst part of college is having professors who don't speak English well.
[snapback]226498[/snapback]
That's scary, and bad.

Chrono

(sigh) College...
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2005, 06:45:22 pm »
...You could have made that speech a bit less long.
Well, goodbye kind of. Hope you do well in college.
My sisters going to university :D The next years in my life will be the best ones...

Kenny Blankenship

(sigh) College...
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2005, 06:47:30 pm »
[snapback]226509[/snapback]

You don't know me too well, do you?

I have to make these sort of things painfully long.  It's something I can't avoid.

Chrono

(sigh) College...
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 06:49:17 pm »

I have to make these sort of things painfully long.  It's something I can't avoid.
[snapback]226512[/snapback]
Maybe college will teach you to avoid making such long speeches. And yeah, I've seen you do this in the past. The only reason I stay away from your topics...that and the evil monkey living in your signature that nobody else can see that always attacks me..

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2005, 06:51:07 pm »
Mine is a University. That's why it's called San Diego State University.

Kenny Blankenship

(sigh) College...
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2005, 06:53:43 pm »

[snapback]226512[/snapback]
Maybe college will teach you to avoid making such long speeches. And yeah, I've seen you do this in the past. The only reason I stay away from your topics...that and the evil monkey living in your signature that nobody else can see that always attacks me..
[snapback]226514[/snapback]

Yeah... I don't think I'm going to change anytime soon.  Not my fault if some people don't have very long attention spans... nothing I write is extremely long, anyway... just long for posts on here.  

Anyway... I'm hoping that my rock music class will be something I enjoy.  If that subject blows, I might not survive the semester...

Elizabeth Rose

(sigh) College...
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2005, 07:18:22 pm »

I lied.
I said that too. Look at me.

You'll be fine Alex. It's not hard, it's just annoying.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
(sigh) College...
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2005, 07:37:20 pm »
I guess it's good that you're trying to spend less time on the computer. It's probably something I need to do, too, although I haven't been spending as much as I used to. Let's just say that it's 9:30, and I still need to take a shower and do all of my homework. Blech.

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
(sigh) College...
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2005, 08:47:20 pm »
Probably me too. But I'm doing all of this from my laptop at SDSU! It's finally a time when my classes are over and I'm in my dorm.
[snapback]226486[/snapback]

Interesting that you say that. I just ran a search on your IP address, and it shows you've made 150 posts on that IP. Now tell me, have you been in college long enough to make THAT many posts?

Hmm...

Don't try to sneak anything past me, or at least get better at it.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
(sigh) College...
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2005, 08:51:08 pm »

Interesting that you say that. I just ran a search on your IP address, and it shows you've made 150 posts on that IP. Now tell me, have you been in college long enough to make THAT many posts?

Hmm...

[snapback]226611[/snapback]
What are you talking about? No one can get anything passed you. <_<

Sheldon J. Plankton

(sigh) College...
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2005, 05:13:45 am »
Have fun in college, do well, be sucessful (don't become trailer trash).

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
(sigh) College...
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2005, 06:37:36 am »
Make sure you don't forget about us completely college boy. :)

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
(sigh) College...
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2005, 08:28:49 am »
You'll do fine. You'll have maybe 1 or 2 classes that you'll actually have to study for. Your teachers will be great. Maybe they'll even give your class a few rewards during the semester. Just think positive about each class and ignore the guys who think they know everything and just prove it to the class.

Elizabeth Rose

(sigh) College...
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2005, 08:33:02 am »
Also ignore anyone looking at you funny. People look at me like I'm a vampire 12 times a day. I just look at them like I'll eat their babies. Trust me, they leave you alone then.

Kenny Blankenship

(sigh) College...
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2005, 12:50:00 pm »
You'll do fine. You'll have maybe 1 or 2 classes that you'll actually have to study for. Your teachers will be great. Maybe they'll even give your class a few rewards during the semester. Just think positive about each class and ignore the guys who think they know everything and just prove it to the class.
[snapback]226680[/snapback]

Alright.  But if I end up having to study for every class, and my teachers suck, and they DON'T give me any rewards... I'm holding you responsible for raising my expectations...

Also ignore anyone looking at you funny. People look at me like I'm a vampire 12 times a day. I just look at them like I'll eat their babies. Trust me, they leave you alone then.
[snapback]226687[/snapback]

...... OK.  I would hope that I wouldn't encounter any of this, but if I do, I'll make sure to give them the ole "Baby Eating Stare".

I wish I could get all this packing crap done, though.  I'm like 26% done, yet I can't focus and get it all done.  And so, I'm goofing off on the internet until I feel like I can get it all done.  Go me.

SpongeBobAndyZX14

(sigh) College...
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2005, 03:12:04 pm »
Just think Alex....after this, you have to get a job.  O_o  Enjoy your little freedom while you can.  I don't know if that helped.  I hope it did.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
(sigh) College...
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2005, 03:13:43 pm »
Just think Alex....after this, you have to get a job.  O_o  Enjoy your little freedom while you can.  I don't know if that helped.  I hope it did.
[snapback]226826[/snapback]
He has a job. Or...had. People usually get jobs once they drive...

SpongeBobAndyZX14

(sigh) College...
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2005, 03:19:23 pm »
Well.....I didn't know if he did.  I've never heard anything about him having a job.....or have I...?

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
(sigh) College...
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2005, 03:25:55 pm »
Well.....I didn't know if he did.  I've never heard anything about him having a job.....or have I...?
[snapback]226837[/snapback]

You'd probably only know if you read his Xanga.

SpongeBobAndyZX14

(sigh) College...
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2005, 04:14:02 pm »
Which I've only read about 4 times.

Kenny Blankenship

(sigh) College...
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2005, 05:21:30 pm »
Well, I had a job... for 4 months.  But I get what you're meaning anyway.  Hopefully that seems a lot less daunting than this does...

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2005, 05:23:06 pm »

Hmm...

[snapback]226611[/snapback]
I've made my posts from my laptop, which I use every now and then. When I'm at my friend's house, aunts, uncles, not just in college. And isn't that accessing personal info?

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
(sigh) College...
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2005, 05:29:55 pm »
And isn't that accessing personal info?
[snapback]226950[/snapback]

No it's not.  Your IP is not "personal info."  It's easy to get someone's IP, and it doesn't tell a lot about a person's location.

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2005, 05:32:34 pm »

No it's not.  Your IP is not "personal info."  It's easy to get someone's IP, and it doesn't tell a lot about a person's location.
[snapback]226958[/snapback]
Exactly, he didn't prove where I was when i was using it. He is making accusations before hand and before he knew what was going on. I sometimes take my laptop around at realative's houses, friend's houses, places I go, and now College.

jesusofsuburbia

(sigh) College...
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2005, 05:37:28 pm »

[snapback]226958[/snapback]
Exactly, he didn't prove where I was when i was using it. He is making accusations before hand and before he knew what was going on. I sometimes take my laptop around at realative's houses, friend's houses, places I go, and now College.
[snapback]226962[/snapback]

I guess you don't know that the IP doesn't depend on the computer. It depends on the service provider.

Oh... I see. The internet connection at college, your relative's houses, your friend's houses and places you go is exactly the same! Shame on me for thinking you were lying!

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2005, 05:40:24 pm »
No problem, but don't do that next time. I had to edit because I messed the quotes up!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 05:41:56 pm by jojobird »

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
(sigh) College...
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2005, 06:04:34 pm »

An accusation assumes that I don't have the knowledge to back something up. But you see, an IP is how your ISP identifies you, so if it's a different ISP, it's going to use a different thing to identify your connection. It would change even though you're still using the same computer. Quite frankly, I could find where you are by your IP, but I'm sure you'd want me to save you the embarrassment.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
(sigh) College...
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2005, 06:05:41 pm »

An accusation assumes that I don't have the knowledge to back something up. But you see, an IP is how your ISP identifies you, so if it's a different ISP, it's going to use a different thing to identify your connection. It would change even though you're still using the same computer. Quite frankly, I could find where you are by your IP, but I'm sure you'd want me to save you the embarrassment.
[snapback]226984[/snapback]

Wow, I wish I knew stuff like that... =(

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2005, 09:51:44 am »
Me too. Maybe.