Author Topic: (sigh) College...  (Read 12750 times)

SpongeBobAndyZX14

(sigh) College...
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2005, 04:14:02 pm »
Which I've only read about 4 times.

Kenny Blankenship

(sigh) College...
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2005, 05:21:30 pm »
Well, I had a job... for 4 months.  But I get what you're meaning anyway.  Hopefully that seems a lot less daunting than this does...

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2005, 05:23:06 pm »
Probably me too. But I'm doing all of this from my laptop at SDSU! It's finally a time when my classes are over and I'm in my dorm.
[snapback]226486[/snapback]

Interesting that you say that. I just ran a search on your IP address, and it shows you've made 150 posts on that IP. Now tell me, have you been in college long enough to make THAT many posts?

Hmm...

Don't try to sneak anything past me, or at least get better at it.
[snapback]226611[/snapback]
I've made my posts from my laptop, which I use every now and then. When I'm at my friend's house, aunts, uncles, not just in college. And isn't that accessing personal info?

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
(sigh) College...
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2005, 05:29:55 pm »
And isn't that accessing personal info?
[snapback]226950[/snapback]

No it's not.  Your IP is not "personal info."  It's easy to get someone's IP, and it doesn't tell a lot about a person's location.

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2005, 05:32:34 pm »

No it's not.  Your IP is not "personal info."  It's easy to get someone's IP, and it doesn't tell a lot about a person's location.
[snapback]226958[/snapback]
Exactly, he didn't prove where I was when i was using it. He is making accusations before hand and before he knew what was going on. I sometimes take my laptop around at realative's houses, friend's houses, places I go, and now College.

jesusofsuburbia

(sigh) College...
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2005, 05:37:28 pm »

[snapback]226958[/snapback]
Exactly, he didn't prove where I was when i was using it. He is making accusations before hand and before he knew what was going on. I sometimes take my laptop around at realative's houses, friend's houses, places I go, and now College.
[snapback]226962[/snapback]

I guess you don't know that the IP doesn't depend on the computer. It depends on the service provider.

Oh... I see. The internet connection at college, your relative's houses, your friend's houses and places you go is exactly the same! Shame on me for thinking you were lying!

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2005, 05:40:24 pm »
No problem, but don't do that next time. I had to edit because I messed the quotes up!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 05:41:56 pm by jojobird »

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
(sigh) College...
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2005, 06:04:34 pm »

An accusation assumes that I don't have the knowledge to back something up. But you see, an IP is how your ISP identifies you, so if it's a different ISP, it's going to use a different thing to identify your connection. It would change even though you're still using the same computer. Quite frankly, I could find where you are by your IP, but I'm sure you'd want me to save you the embarrassment.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
(sigh) College...
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2005, 06:05:41 pm »

An accusation assumes that I don't have the knowledge to back something up. But you see, an IP is how your ISP identifies you, so if it's a different ISP, it's going to use a different thing to identify your connection. It would change even though you're still using the same computer. Quite frankly, I could find where you are by your IP, but I'm sure you'd want me to save you the embarrassment.
[snapback]226984[/snapback]

Wow, I wish I knew stuff like that... =(

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2005, 09:51:44 am »
Me too. Maybe.