Author Topic: Exit: Stage Left.... For Now  (Read 3438 times)

Kenny Blankenship

Exit: Stage Left.... For Now
« on: October 20, 2005, 12:08:08 pm »
I guess it’s my time to take an exit from here for a bit.

Now, I don’t plan on making this a permanent leave of absence, but at least for 2 weeks there will be a startling lack of lamenting over the Vikings futilities and a startling lack of adoration for bands you could care less about around these parts.  And perhaps even more.

It’s something that needs to be done.  I am and will be under a great deal of stress over the upcoming weeks.  Curse the stupid research paper I’m forced to do.  It’s going to require a quite a bit of my time to complete, especially since time on my homework seems few and far between these days.  I’m wasting too much time on this stupid internet, so much that it’s affecting my ability to complete my homework, and it’s reached the point where I’m going to need to give up one of the sitesI frequent.  And as it turns out, this forum is the most expendable.

I have enjoyed my time here, but it’s really not any fun for me anymore.  It just seems to have becolme more of a chatroom than an actual forum, with more BSing and goofing off than anything mildly substantial.  I don’t mind the BSing all the time, but now it seems to have overrun the forum.  And I guess there’s nothing I can really do about it, since everyone else seems to enjoy it so much… except leave.  It also seems like the forum seems to be a little more cliquish around here.  I can’t explain it… it just does.  I don’t know if this is making any sense, but the main gist is that I feel more and more like this place isn’t any fun, and like I don’t really belong here.  And thus, I could probably do without this place for a while.

I should be back within 2-4 weeks, but maybe I’ll find that I don’t miss the board as much as I thought  I would.  I’ll miss some of you here, you know who you are.  If you (for some reason) feel the need to talk to me, you can find me (as usual) on MSN.  If not, there’s always my Xanga for which you can keep in touch with me.

Anyway, see you all later.  Maybe.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 12:16:16 pm »
See ya Alex.

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 02:33:35 pm »
:< :< :< :< :<

I'll still see you on Xanga, so I'm not too upset. Also, I'm downloading MSN sometime.

(By the way, I think you and I are the only two people who refer to forums as "the boards".)

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 02:35:50 pm »
Bye Alex.  See ya around, I guess...

Offline Chongster

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • ^ George ^
    • View Profile
    • www.simon-chong.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 02:37:11 pm »
Its sad you see you go for a while, I'll see you on MSN, its good to take a break from time to time.

Good Luck  :happy:

jesusofsuburbia

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 02:37:27 pm »
I'm glad you're not leaving permanently. Otherwise I would be crying my eyes out.

Take care, and have fun. Oh, and good luck with all your college stuff. I hope you do well.

Ta-Ta!

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 04:03:12 pm »
I'm glad you're not leaving permently or I might have to go emo and cut myself. :P But I guess I will miss you from USB, but I can always talk to you on MSN.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 04:35:49 am »
:cut: :cut:

Bye.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 09:55:19 am »
Good luck out in the cold hard un-spongey world.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 09:00:44 pm »
Good luck out in the cold hard un-spongey world.
[snapback]247149[/snapback]

Nice way of putting it.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 03:01:06 pm »
I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving :(

I completely understand though. I needed the long break that I took from USB. They always come crawling back though...
I suppose when I get a job in the near future I'll have to take another break. Well, maybe not a break like when I never got on here, maybe just a not posting as frequently break. With a job, plus school, plus friends and a social life, the internet will have to start taking a backseat.

Spongey4

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 07:33:56 pm »
I'm glad you're not leaving permently or I might have to go emo and cut myself. :P But I guess I will miss you from USB, but I can always talk to you on MSN.
[snapback]246974[/snapback]
I dont have MSN,
This Sucks.
Bye Alex.

2Spongebob

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 04:27:50 am »
bye bye hope i see you again Alex

9aTrick

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 01:29:04 pm »
Ya see you later Kenny..