Author Topic: Your Version of God  (Read 12397 times)

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Your Version of God
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2005, 10:41:44 pm »
The Bible has NOT been altred soo many times. It has been altred around 0.4% in over a hundred years. Get your facts straight.
[snapback]251449[/snapback]

The Bible has been around for thousands of years. Think of it as a huge rumor that's passing around, does it ever stay the same as the original?
[snapback]251477[/snapback]
The Bible exists in many different translations, from different time eras, and they were translated by diferent people, causing differences in editions, over the years these small differences can change large parts of the bible.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Gideon Brown

Your Version of God
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2005, 05:31:20 am »
Um, the "Bible God" is forgiving, I don't know where you read differently. I trust the Bible 100% anyway. God will forgive anyone, they just need to give him a chance.
[snapback]251479[/snapback]
"The day of the Lord is near, the day when the Almighty brings destruction. What terror that day will bring!"
-Joshua 1:15
"The Lord roars from Mount Zion; his voice thunders from Jerusalem. The pastures dry up, and the grass on Mount Carmel turns brown."
-Amos 1:2
"The Lord God tolerates no rivals; he punishes those who oppose him. In his anger he pays them back. The Lord does not easily become angry, but he is powerful and never lets the guilty go unpunished. Where the Lord walks, storms arise; the clouds are the dust raised by his feet! He commands the sea, and it dries up! He makes the rivers go dry. The fields of Bashan wither, Mount Carmel turns brown, and the flowers of Lebanon fade. Mountains quake in the presence of the Lord; hills melt before him. The earth shakes when the Lord appears; the world and all its people tremble. When he is angry, who can survive? Who can survive his terrible fury? He pours out his flaming anger; rocks crumble to dust before him."
Nahum 1:1-6

Now, I'd continue quoting the Bible, but I have to go to the clinic about my eye here.

Anyways, what I think God is, is entirely different. God is nature. She is all around us, breathing just like us. With us at all times. She is the air, the water, the ground beneath our feet, and she is compassionate, but she has been hurt.

Elizabeth Rose

Your Version of God
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2005, 07:40:04 am »
The Bible God is forgiving, but you have to ask.

Dragon Of Grief

Your Version of God
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2005, 10:29:35 am »
I shouldn't have to ask forgiveness for something I have no control over such as loving another man.

Gideon Brown

Your Version of God
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2005, 01:21:32 pm »
[snapback]251534[/snapback]
You speak of the new testament God. The God of the old testament was an all-fearing God. You did not mess with him. I can't believe God would just change suddenly the way he did in the New Testament. *shrugs*

Elizabeth Rose

Your Version of God
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2005, 02:45:40 pm »
[snapback]251534[/snapback]
You speak of the new testament God. The God of the old testament was an all-fearing God. You did not mess with him. I can't believe God would just change suddenly the way he did in the New Testament. *shrugs*
[snapback]251601[/snapback]
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Ultimate Sacrafice.

spongey snail

Your Version of God
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2005, 03:52:32 pm »
You can't trust the bible... it has been altered so many times. Every version you read will be different. Explain to me how it could remain the EXACT same today as it was when God first wrote it?
[snapback]251445[/snapback]
Yes most books that are old have been altered and changed over time as people keep writting them.We know this because we have compared todays newest copies with the oldest copies we can find. You can also look at it this way; Let's say there are about 50 people in a room and you say something to one of them and tell them to pass it on, well, by the time it gets to the 50th person the sentence has completely changed. But we have traced back and found that the earliest copies of the New Testamen were made only 20 years after Christ's Ressurection, so people who had witnessed Christ's miracles were still alive and would have objected if errors were found We have found thousand of copies all over the world burried in tombs and in caves from thousand to hundreds of years old and found that they were almost 100% accurate and the same the only errors found were one or two words misspelled or missing periods. All of the copies were 99.9% accurate. Other books written by Shakespeare and Homer were sometimes found to be less than 50% accurate.

If what you say is true, how can this be? How can all copies of the Bible be so accurate in comparison to each other? even up to today? You just try to explain how this can be....the Bible is the Word of God , the God who created the universe .

BiggerSquarierSpongier

Your Version of God
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2005, 04:02:35 pm »
Ok, here is my version of God...

I believe God is a forgiving soul unlike the bible shows him as... I believe as long as you are a good person you will go to heaven... I am bi-sexual. I have a boyfriend. And I don't believe you will go to heck for being gay or whatever. I believe you will got o heck for being malevolent in intent such as a thief or a criminal. And if God thought homosexuality is a sin why are their homosexuals in the world? As long as your intentions are good and you are a good person I believe God will allow you into heaven.

There you go, you heard it from me... now lets hear it from you, and I please ask the non-believers mind their own and not ruin the topic for others.
[snapback]251407[/snapback]
Well, if God thought murder was a sin, then why are there murderers in the world?
He doesn't create people as homosexuals, they just become that way. It's not his fault. It's the people's faults.
Sorry if I didn't make what I was trying to say clear enough, but I couldn't really think of a much better way to say it.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Your Version of God
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2005, 04:33:58 pm »
My God is a loving God. A caring God. A forgiving God. My God is my God. Just as the Bible says he is.

Dragon Of Grief

Your Version of God
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2005, 04:41:58 pm »
You can't trust the bible... it has been altered so many times. Every version you read will be different. Explain to me how it could remain the EXACT same today as it was when God first wrote it?
Yes most books that are old have been altered and changed over time as people keep writting them.We know this because we have compared todays newest copies with the oldest copies we can find. You can also look at it this way; Let's say there are about 50 people in a room and you say something to one of them and tell them to pass it on, well, by the time it gets to the 50th person the sentence has completely changed. But we have traced back and found that the earliest copies of the New Testamen were made only 20 years after Christ's Ressurection, so people who had witnessed Christ's miracles were still alive and would have objected if errors were found We have found thousand of copies all over the world burried in tombs and in caves from thousand to hundreds of years old and found that they were almost 100% accurate and the same the only errors found were one or two words misspelled or missing periods. All of the copies were 99.9% accurate. Other books written by Shakespeare and Homer were sometimes found to be less than 50% accurate.

If what you say is true, how can this be? How can all copies of the Bible be so accurate in comparison to each other? even up to today? You just try to explain how this can be....the Bible is the Word of God , the God who created the universe .
[snapback]251634[/snapback]
You have a valid point... however a murderer can choose to be a murderer or not. They have the option to shoot the gun or not. Someone who is gay didn't choose to be gay. It is in their chemical makeup... the way they were born. Nobody can force themselves to like the opposite sex.

I believe God is a forgiving soul unlike the bible shows him as... I believe as long as you are a good person you will go to heaven... I am bi-sexual. I have a boyfriend. And I don't believe you will go to heck for being gay or whatever. I believe you will got o heck for being malevolent in intent such as a thief or a criminal. And if God thought homosexuality is a sin why are their homosexuals in the world? As long as your intentions are good and you are a good person I believe God will allow you into heaven.

There you go, you heard it from me... now lets hear it from you, and I please ask the non-believers mind their own and not ruin the topic for others.
Well, if God thought murder was a sin, then why are there murderers in the world?
He doesn't create people as homosexuals, they just become that way. It's not his fault. It's the people's faults.
Sorry if I didn't make what I was trying to say clear enough, but I couldn't really think of a much better way to say it.
[snapback]251641[/snapback]
No, God control EVERYTHING on this Earth... and yes he can choose wether someone is gay or not. God made every person the way they are for a reason. Everything in existance is God's handiwork. That argument is invalid, because God could easily make everyone be straight or gay if he wanted too. So you saying that God can't control if people are gay or not is incorrect... yes, he very well can. He controls all.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Your Version of God
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2005, 05:07:27 pm »

[snapback]251634[/snapback]
You have a valid point... however a murderer can choose to be a murderer or not. They have the option to shoot the gun or not. Someone who is gay didn't choose to be gay. It is in their chemical makeup... the way they were born. Nobody can force themselves to like the opposite sex.

[snapback]251641[/snapback]
No, God control EVERYTHING on this Earth... and yes he can choose wether someone is gay or not. God made every person the way they are for a reason. Everything in existance is God's handiwork. That argument is invalid, because God could easily make everyone be straight or gay if he wanted too. So you saying that God can't control if people are gay or not is incorrect... yes, he very well can. He controls all.
[snapback]251655[/snapback]

But he also gives you the freedom to choose to obey him or not. He doesn't make people gay. If so, why would he be so against it in his Word? It doesn't make sense.

As far as the Old Testament Vs. The New? The old was the old law that the people were under before Christ came. We are no longer under that law. Its really there for history. Christ was the   Ultimate sacrifice, meaning we arent under that law. He did it for us....

Jackie-Boy

Your Version of God
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2005, 07:04:02 pm »
This is partially why I'm agnostic... I construct my own views of religion without any book telling me what I should think.

oscar_the_grouch

Your Version of God
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2005, 08:16:58 pm »
I don't really believe in God, but I do think some sort of higher power is watching. Not judging, just observing. Watching our lives and how we grow as individuals. Small things like our colour, gender, age, and sexual preference don't matter, just our personal growth.

Meh, that's just my opinion. I doubt it makes any sense.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Your Version of God
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2005, 10:25:53 am »
I'm gonna be cliche and also say that I see God as the Bible describes him... Sure some details in the Bible may have been altered over the years, but I believe all of the main aspects of it are in tact. The Bible's there, what you get from it just depends on much much faith you have in your religion.

Dragon Of Grief

Your Version of God
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2005, 10:53:40 am »
So none of you have your own unique view on God?

This is exactly why I hate religion... it is brainwashing.