Author Topic: Your Version of God  (Read 12386 times)

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Your Version of God
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2005, 11:35:09 am »
So none of you have your own unique view on God?

This is exactly why I hate religion... it is brainwashing.
[snapback]251910[/snapback]
It's not brainwashing, it's a choice. I don't believe what I believe because of my parents or my preacher, it's always been my choice to read the Bible and believe what it says. Sure, those authority figures help guide me, but they don't control what I think.

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
Your Version of God
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2005, 06:06:52 pm »

Not to be rude, but have you ever thought about the fact that you might just be altering your beliefs in the Bible's authenticity just to vindicate your own lifestyle?

Along the lines of what GrEeNdAyFrEaK (yes, I did copy and paste the name ^_^) said, I believe in the God of the Bible. God would not allow His words to be altered in any way other than a simple translation.

*waits to be yelled at*
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 06:10:18 pm by SizzlinSean »

Elizabeth Rose

Your Version of God
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2005, 07:06:54 pm »

I don't think God means for to all have our own view.  That defeats the point of worship the God.

Atticus Finch

Your Version of God
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2005, 07:20:29 pm »
Um, the "Bible God" is forgiving, I don't know where you read differently. I trust the Bible 100% anyway. God will forgive anyone, they just need to give him a chance.
[snapback]251479[/snapback]
"The Lord God tolerates no rivals; he punishes those who oppose him. In his anger he pays them back. The Lord does not easily become angry, but he is powerful and never lets the guilty go unpunished. Where the Lord walks, storms arise; the clouds are the dust raised by his feet! He commands the sea, and it dries up! He makes the rivers go dry. The fields of Bashan wither, Mount Carmel turns brown, and the flowers of Lebanon fade. Mountains quake in the presence of the Lord; hills melt before him. The earth shakes when the Lord appears; the world and all its people tremble. When he is angry, who can survive? Who can survive his terrible fury? He pours out his flaming anger; rocks crumble to dust before him."
Nahum 1:1-6
[snapback]251515[/snapback]
That whole book is about judgement day, no? So do you expect God to be nice to everyone when he judges them? Even the ones that hated him and didn't believe in him all their lives? He doesn't punish those that actually live a life according to him. Sure, his followers will fear him, I mean so would I, but that doesn't mean he'd destroy everyone.

Dragon Of Grief

Your Version of God
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2005, 03:29:56 pm »

Not to be rude, but have you ever thought about the fact that you might just be altering your beliefs in the Bible's authenticity just to vindicate your own lifestyle?

Along the lines of what GrEeNdAyFrEaK (yes, I did copy and paste the name ^_^) said, I believe in the God of the Bible. God would not allow His words to be altered in any way other than a simple translation.

*waits to be yelled at*
[snapback]252121[/snapback]
I don't believe the bible HOWEVER I do believe in God... I go by my own beliefs and i am sticking by them no matter however wrong everyone thinks they are. I shouldn't have to not love my boyfriend because the bible says it is wrong for two men to be together... you can't help who you fall in love with. I didn't choose to fall in love with him or any of my ex-girlfriends. It just happens.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Your Version of God
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2005, 11:56:05 pm »
Hmmm...well...I don't beleive in GOD, I beleive in the planet as a living thing.
I guess the only GOD I have is Earth, Mars and Venus.
Mars being the bad side and more male of our psychic energy feild, Venus being the good side and more female side of it...Earth sits somewhere in the middle of the planets surrounding it.
The two planets have conflicts over rights and who is better at what, but now Earth has to cope with that on it's very surface: conflict.
Other than viewing the Earth as a sort of GOD, I see animals as godly beings, but do not worship them (well...I sort of worship cats).
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Your Version of God
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2005, 10:58:07 am »
Women are from venus, Women are from mars.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Your Version of God
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2005, 12:02:56 pm »
Women are from venus, Women are from mars.
[snapback]252509[/snapback]
You mean Men are from venus, Women from mars, right?

Dragon Of Grief

Your Version of God
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2005, 12:17:39 pm »
No, women are from venus men are from mars.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Your Version of God
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2005, 05:36:09 pm »
I've never read the book, but my mom had it.

spongey snail

Your Version of God
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2005, 02:15:18 pm »
I've never read the book, but my mom had it.
[snapback]252896[/snapback]
Yeah mine did too