Author Topic: Rpg!  (Read 18750 times)

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Rpg!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2003, 06:39:51 pm »
Hey Cmonkey! Have you considered using RPGmaker 2003 for the rpg? I know a place you can download it for free.

Patrick

Rpg!
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2003, 07:04:02 pm »
IZlover, that's illegal. People just used a patch (i think) to make it english, it was only released in Japan.  And it's pretty hard to use.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Rpg!
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2003, 07:09:38 pm »
Oh yeah. Is RPG 2000 illegal? I forgot it was.

Patrick

Rpg!
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2003, 07:11:28 pm »
All those RPG thingies, that 95, 08, 2000.  

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
Rpg!
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2003, 07:21:14 pm »
no i think he is sticking with gm instead of those other tools :mf_microwave:  
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Patrick

Rpg!
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2003, 07:26:43 pm »
Wait...does this mean I get to be in the credits?!?!? *happy dance*

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Rpg!
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2003, 08:57:44 pm »
Wait...does this mean I get to be in the credits?!?!? *happy dance*
yeah you will you won the storyboard and hey i should have my name in the creds i sent cmonkey midis
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Patrick

Rpg!
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2003, 06:14:27 am »
No offense, but midis suck. A lot. Go for mp3's.

Offline falco

• Honorable
  • Gary
    • View Profile
    • http://
Rpg!
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2003, 09:22:37 am »
No offense, but midis suck. A lot. Go for mp3's.
ok...why WOULD WE EVER USE MIDI'S...let me cut you a piece of logic pie here buddy.  
ne mp3...how big are those...ne where from like a meg to 10...
a midi...thos things can go on for sum time and wont even break the 100k mark

so here we go...for all you 56kers out there...would you rather dl a game thats like 3 meg....or 13 meg...and the only reason its 13 meg would be becuz of like 3 mp3s?

thus = midis > mp3s    for a homebrew game

oo...but then thers wavs too...
...the best time to wear a striped sweater...
is alll the tiiiime...

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Rpg!
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2003, 10:49:03 am »
ussaly if you have a good sound card midis will sound good if you had tutle beach malibu or turtle beach tropez plus midis would sound so kewl but the tropezplus is the size of your leg that means its old :biggrin:

and also i have a slow hub sop my download would be slow falcos right a 3 min midi 3kb 3 min mp3 3mb
« Last Edit: October 11, 2003, 10:50:31 am by korax666 »

Offline DoomBringer316

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://Meh, Removed.
Rpg!
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2003, 11:46:44 am »
The issue between Mp3 vs. midi is quality vs. size. Midi music can sound really corny, but the fact of the matter is that it is a really small file. Mp3 on the other hand has very nice sound quality, but like falco said, they can be very large, depending on the length of the song. Overall, especially for this RPG, I would choose midi over Mp3, but it's not up to me, now is it?  :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2003, 11:48:10 am by DoomBringer316 »

Megan

Rpg!
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2003, 02:01:36 pm »
im lost.

Dragon Of Grief

Rpg!
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2003, 02:35:32 pm »
Mike Steve sent me a scan of the part of the magazine that Sponge Zone was in.

Also, the storyline contest is finally over.  The winner is Patrick with his idea for a plot for the RPG:

In the game, you're PLANKTON/SHELDON! And it's about getting the krabby patty formula. But..then something happens to the krusty krab! Different villans from mermaidman and barnacle boy take it over! So, to ever see a krabby patty again, you have to save the krusty krab! And the villans capture Mr. Krabs, Squidward and Spongebob!

I thought that it would be pretty cool to play from the viewpoint of Plankton, so Patrick is the winner.  The Sponge Zone mods and admins are going to start making the game now.  We're going to need a lot of help...
Don't they have to get your permission to put your website in their magazine?

KrabbyLand173

Rpg!
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2003, 03:21:16 pm »
|)0|\|'7 38 4 7\/\/3|\|7y-7\/\/0!!! 0# (0|_||235 7|-|3Y |)0|\|'7!!! \/\/0|_|||)|\|'7 _|00 \/\/4|\|'7 _|00'3|2 \/\/385173 1|\| 4 |\/|464213|\|???

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Rpg!
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2003, 05:14:53 pm »
i wonder if there is a spongebob end midi song mix on the internet but i could not find it :sad: