Author Topic: Best Book  (Read 13094 times)

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Re: Best Book
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 07:52:01 am »
The Bible is mine, lol.
I do love reading fiction books.

Lil Loco

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 07:54:57 am »
The Bible is mine, lol.
I do love reading fiction books.

What does that have to do with the Bible?  :P

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 08:00:23 am »

Lil Loco

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 08:18:12 am »
Mary wasn't empregnated by a "ghost", she was touched by God.  She then had Jesus...The star wasn't "magical", it's believed that it was an actual star.  There is nothing disproval about my beliefs.  Aside from that, anything you believe in requires some extent of faith.  You believe a cloud of gases that apparently created itself from nothing exploded and created the universe.  That's super.  You know it's funny that I don't attack other people's faith...or lack thereof in your case...but you still feel the need to attack mine...In a topic that isn't even meant to be for debating.  That's real special.  You don't have to believe anything I believe but at least have the common curtousy to respect other people's beliefs, especially when they're just talkin bout what their favorite freakin book is. 

Thanks also for suggesting that I'm delusional and/or unintelligent.  Appreciate it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 08:34:55 am by Lil Loco »

David

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 08:33:28 am »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 08:45:06 am »
Mary wasn't empregnated by a "ghost", she was touched by God.  She then had Jesus...The star wasn't "magical", it's believed that it was an actual star.  There is nothing disproval about my beliefs.  Aside from that, anything you believe in requires some extent of faith.  You believe a cloud of gases that apparently created itself from nothing exploded and created the universe.  That's super.  You know it's funny that I don't attack other people's faith...or lack thereof in your case...but you still feel the need to attack mine...In a topic that isn't even meant to be for debating.  That's real special.  You don't have to believe anything I believe but at least have the common curtousy to respect other people's beliefs, especially when they're just talkin bout what their favorite freakin book is. 

Thanks also for suggesting that I'm delusional and/or unintelligent.  Appreciate it.
I didn't mean it that way. I just wanted to see your opinion on that, because I wanted both sides of the story. I just watched it, and I wanted to see your side.

You're obviously not stupid. :P

Lil Loco

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 09:03:03 am »
The video is an attempt to reassure other atheists and convince Christians that our faith is somehow flawed or unplausable, based on the perceptions of the author.  He failed. 

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 09:33:04 am »
I believe in cheese. Believe it!

/naruto

Sb129

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 02:27:32 pm »
Harry Potter & the Order of Pheonix.
Star Wars:  Republic  Commando-Triple Zero

David

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 02:35:36 pm »
I don't know. Haven't read a lot recently. Anything in the Harry Potter series is good though.
And Tom Sawyer. =P

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 03:43:26 pm »
Jeremy, you are being kinda sensitive don't you think? You seem to get really PC when someone expresses their belief of the bible as a fiction book. That is what they believe. You believe the bible really did happen. That is your opinion. Don't get offensive and attacked when someone says it is a fiction book. Personally I don't care how the world was created. It doesn't matter.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 03:55:12 pm »
Jeremy, you are being kinda sensitive don't you think? You seem to get really PC when someone expresses their belief of the bible as a fiction book. That is what they believe. You believe the bible really did happen. That is your opinion. Don't get offensive and attacked when someone says it is a fiction book. Personally I don't care how the world was created. It doesn't matter.
He didn't get defensive because Kevin said that. He got defensive because Kevin quoted him and said that. When it is put that way it looks like the person is trying to rub it in your face that they think your whole world is rubbish. Saying "I think the Bible is fantasy" is totally different than "Hey, Jesus kid, I think the Bible is fantasy."

Lil Loco

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2007, 06:24:34 pm »
I don't get PC, I get PO'ed.  Anyone self-respecting person would get defensive in any instance that something they believe in was mocked or belittled.  You get just as up-in-arms in the defense of homosexual stuff as I do when it comes to my faith.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 09:05:33 pm »
Sorry, but I am not comfortable following a book that considers me an abomination... that is why I get up in arms about it because your faith persecutes me, condemns me to death, etc. But i'll shutup now because this is going nowhere fast. We are supposed to be talking about books and somehow the bible got brought up. lol.

Lil Loco

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 09:10:19 pm »
I never said you had to share my faith or believe in the Bible...I said that I don't take kindly to anyone mocking my faith, just as you don't take kindly to gay bashing.  I was making a comparison. 

And the Bible got brought up cuz this is a book topic and the Bible is a book.  :P
There was no issue with it till a certain comment towards me was made though.  Anyways, whatever...Back to other books.