Author Topic: Texas Rangers  (Read 4659 times)

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Texas Rangers
« on: September 14, 2004, 08:14:50 pm »
Eh...the chair that was thrown...it fractured the woman's nose...Frank Francisco got arrested and charged with assault with battery

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Texas Rangers
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 12:34:50 pm »
I saw this on Yahoo and on the News.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Texas Rangers
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 10:34:12 pm »
Have you seen the womans nose yet? It's just really banged up

Kenny Blankenship

Texas Rangers
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 01:43:28 pm »
The whole situation is really screwed up.  How the heck can the Rangers  just suddenly snap and go after the fans when they get heckled in every stadium they're at?  You'd think they would've developed a thicker skin than that.

lamaclown

Texas Rangers
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 05:25:12 pm »
:angry: Both the fans that were yelling thing at him and the Baseball player who threw the chair had no right to do either. i know the baseball player was arrested but fans who yelled at the player should have had to leave the feild. that's just unexcusable! and stupid!!! :angry:  

Kenny Blankenship

Texas Rangers
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 05:50:09 pm »
:angry: Both the fans that were yelling thing at him and the Baseball player who threw the chair had no right to do either. i know the baseball player was arrested but fans who yelled at the player should have had to leave the feild. that's just unexcusable! and stupid!!! :angry:
Unless if it's something derogatory (i.e. racial slurs, personal threats, etc.), the fans have every right to heckle the opposing players.  They paid for their tickets, let them shout at the players.  And the ballplayers are professionals, they should be able to take the verbal abuse (as long as it's not something derogatory).

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
Texas Rangers
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 05:53:19 pm »
Unless if it's something derogatory (i.e. racial slurs, personal threats, etc.), the fans have every right to heckle the opposing players.  They paid for their tickets, let them shout at the players.  And the ballplayers are professionals, they should be able to take the verbal abuse (as long as it's not something derogatory).
I agree. Besides, throwing a rude comment and throwing a chair are two entirely different things. I'm glad he was arrested.

Starr2k3

Texas Rangers
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 06:17:43 pm »
No, he should not of got arrested. The fans were bugging, bugging and more bugging the pitchers. Then finally it got out of hand. I am glad the idiots got hurt.

Kenny Blankenship

Texas Rangers
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 06:26:45 pm »
No, he should not of got arrested. The fans were bugging, bugging and more bugging the pitchers. Then finally it got out of hand. I am glad the idiots got hurt.
Come on.  You're glad that a lady had her nose broken over some stupid, trivial argument between the fans and the Rangers?  It was just some harmless taunting... nothing that the Rangers shouldn't be accustomed to.

Starr2k3

Texas Rangers
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 06:28:25 pm »
Come on.  You're glad that a lady had her nose broken over some stupid, trivial argument between the fans and the Rangers?  It was just some harmless taunting... nothing that the Rangers shouldn't be accustomed to.
He did not try to hurt the lady...

They would not shut up so he did something about it.

Kenny Blankenship

Texas Rangers
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2004, 06:34:34 pm »
He did not try to hurt the lady...

They would not shut up so he did something about it.
If he throws a chair into the crowd, then I'd say he's trying to hurt someone.

And who cares that the fans wouldn't shut up?  It comes with the territory, every single stadium in the world has fans that taunt the opposing squad.  And Francicso is a professional... he should've shown at least a little restraint.

Starr2k3

Texas Rangers
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 06:35:58 pm »
Did you notice the incident was in the 9TH INNING. They were probably bugging him the whole time.

I believe the only reason he threw the chair was for them TO shut up. He did not mean to break the nose.

Kenny Blankenship

Texas Rangers
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 06:41:05 pm »
Did you notice the incident was in the 9TH INNING. They were probably bugging him the whole time.

I believe the only reason he threw the chair was for them TO shut up. He did not mean to break the nose.
Who cares that the fans were bugging him?  Every single sports player in America has to deal with that.  

And Francisco should have known the consequences of throwing a chair.  Sure, he didn't try  to break someone's nose, but he did.  And he has to be punished for it.

Starr2k3

Texas Rangers
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2004, 06:41:50 pm »

Who cares that the fans were bugging him?  Every single sports player in America has to deal with that.  

And Francisco should have known the consequences of throwing a chair.  Sure, he didn't try  to break someone's nose, but he did.  And he has to be punished for it.
Okay, I have to agree with you on that.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Texas Rangers
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2004, 07:01:13 pm »

i hope he's sued for at least 250,000