Author Topic: Presidential Debates  (Read 22539 times)

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« on: September 30, 2004, 06:10:20 pm »
The Presidential Debates are on TV as I type. Let's discuss what everyone thinks. :cool:  

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
Presidential Debates
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 06:16:00 pm »
*snore* Wha?

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 06:19:40 pm »
*snore* Wha?
What does that mean? :sad:  

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Presidential Debates
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 06:29:02 pm »
Im watching the debate and I must say, in addition to a few day's research, i'll have to say my support is going to Kerry. Bush doesn't seem like he knows what he's talking about, and all of his arguments are turning to "He changes his mind, a good president cant change his mind" x.x
Oh, and a funny mistake from Bush XD "Of course we're after Saddam Huis... I mean Bin Laden"

Kenny Blankenship

Presidential Debates
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 07:07:10 pm »
These debates mean nothing to me.  All they seem to do is take pot shots at each other.  And besides, all they prove is who is the better debater, not who is more fit to run the country.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 07:07:23 pm »
Kerry is saying negitive things about Bush.

Megan

Presidential Debates
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 07:29:18 pm »
Well of course he is. He can't go around talking about how nice of a person Bush is. He's supposed to hate him.

Gideon Brown

Presidential Debates
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2004, 07:31:54 pm »
Kerry says bad things about Bush, Bush says bad things about Kerry...that's what happens. My god, we've had some pretty hilarious attacks at candidates here...I believe the liberal party accused the conservative leader to be a "Reptilian spacemonster that eats kittens." Then they tried to claim it was just political humour....suuuuuuuuuuuuuure....And that was just the provincial elections...

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2004, 07:53:03 pm »
Yeah, bush didnt have much to go on. He just kept repeating the same thing over and over. "Who would want a leader who sends mixed messages". Bush always did that. Even before becoming president. Bush doesnt know how to handle tough questions on the spot. He's been on big time shows like "meet the press" and he is lost for words all the time. The difference between commenting on an issue a few days later or that evening and a live debate is, you can prepare for what your going to say. Bush cant do that without beating a dead horse. Kerry was stumbling as well, but handled himself well. I didnt care for either agruments, really. Both plans have falts and their is another agenda behind this war. Its politics, really (the war is.) All I can say is for those of you over the age of 18 VOTE[/i][/u]!!! Whats disgusting is, more people voted for the winner on last seasons American Idol than the last election. Americans really are ignorant. Most of them.....

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2004, 07:54:37 pm »
All debates are lame...THE END

MiraclrPlz

Presidential Debates
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 06:26:21 am »
Kerry won that debate.  :sad:.

GodzSon

Presidential Debates
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2004, 08:29:27 am »
Vote Nader! If only that could happen. I like how Kerry plugged his website out of nowhere though, good move. I don't care what side your on, when Bush is lost for words and he has that look on his face thats the most hilarious thing. Whys he always have that annoying grin on his face? kinda like this ->  :happy:  Even when they talk about serious things such as the war or 9/11..that grin never leaves his face.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2004, 09:43:37 am »
Because he figures he can life out spirits by making that goofy look. He rolled his eyes kinda like this -> :rolleyes: the whole time Kerry was talking. It was so funny. You'd think he'd present himself better or something.....bush thinks he's bullet proof or something to do that..... :glare:  

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2004, 10:44:59 am »
Kerry won that debate.  :sad:.
What!!!! {Goes off and cries}.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2004, 11:05:18 am »
I think Bush won cause he had the last word

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2004, 11:10:11 am »
I didn't watch it, but WOW I've been hearing about the greatness of Kerry's speech.

I like Nader more, but if I had the chance, I would vote for Kerry. I'd just wanna vote for someone who could use my vote more.

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2004, 11:45:27 am »
Kerry won the first round of the debate. He came out strong, though he did stumble a bit. He got his point across very nicely. Bush on the other hand seemed a bit nervous. Almost every question they asked him he stood and gave a blank stare. I got bored with hearing the same things over and over. "wrong war, wrong place, wrong time." got very boring.

I think Bush won cause he had the last word
It doesn't matter who spoke last. Kerry dominated most of the time.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 11:46:39 am by MEEP! »
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2004, 02:42:22 pm »
It was obvious that Kerry won the debate. Bush kept telling me what I already knew, and also kept repeating everything through the whole debate. Kerry's points weren't exactly that strong, but it made me a little more of a believer in him, and it also told me some things that I didn't already know..

Haha, plus, Bush seemed really really mad...I was just sitting there cracking up because of his facial expressions.

Starr2k3

Presidential Debates
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2004, 02:52:35 pm »
Wow! MSP actually said something good about Kerry.

Yes, I watched it and Kerry beat Bush by a long shot.

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Presidential Debates
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2004, 02:59:00 pm »
I never saw it here in Canada...but I still hope Kerry wins!

GodzSon

Presidential Debates
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2004, 03:29:37 pm »
I like Nader more, but if I had the chance, I would vote for Kerry. I'd just wanna vote for someone who could use my vote more.
Nader would PWN them both if he was allowed to debate, but them doing all they can to keep him out of the debate and off ballods just shows that they have some type of fear towards him..but of course they use the "he stole votes from Gore" argument.

Yeah, Bush looked very frustrated. But hey, give him a break, "the job is hard" ya know? I was hoping someone was counting how many times he repeated himself like that.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2004, 03:30:34 pm »
Haha...no. I liked how he was talking about "mixed messages" and couldn't get those words out right, though....

GodzSon

Presidential Debates
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2004, 03:32:39 pm »
Lauging at him just never gets old.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2004, 07:34:59 pm »
Nader would PWN them both if he was allowed to debate, but them doing all they can to keep him out of the debate and off ballods just shows that they have some type of fear towards him..but of course they use the "he stole votes from Gore" argument.

Yeah, Bush looked very frustrated. But hey, give him a break, "the job is hard" ya know? I was hoping someone was counting how many times he repeated himself like that.
Screw nader, dude. He ran for president on that independent party like 10 times and never came close. If you're going to vote, vote for someone who might actually win. 2% of votes in every election go for the indie party and for what? They never win. You might as well vote for someone who actually has a shot at being the president. People who vote independent are just voting to do it, or just hate both candidates, might as well not vote....

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2004, 07:37:21 pm »
i could care less about politics and watching this. i think its only funny when they humiliate themselves trying to put down the other guy

GodzSon

Presidential Debates
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2004, 12:38:52 am »

Screw nader, dude. He ran for president on that independent party like 10 times and never came close. If you're going to vote, vote for someone who might actually win. 2% of votes in every election go for the indie party and for what? They never win. You might as well vote for someone who actually has a shot at being the president. People who vote independent are just voting to do it, or just hate both candidates, might as well not vote....
True, but Nader is really the best choice..its just sad he can't show the people that because these two people are scared he'll actually get people to see how wrong they are..just trying to silence the truth and hide it from the public. I'm not voting for him, although that would be nice..but even he said hed rather have Kerry over Bush cause "Kerry is bad but Bush is worse". Hes stubborn though, he doesn't want to take any office other than president..which shows he cares, even though he knows he has no chance he still goes out and tries hard..but at the same time you wish he'd just take a lower office and he'd still be very effective.

MiraclrPlz

Presidential Debates
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2004, 08:28:02 pm »
Nader is a left-wing nut who won't get 2 votes!  He and John Scary on Nov. 3rd will crawl back into the mudhole from whence they came!

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Presidential Debates
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2004, 09:34:37 am »
Kerry owned W in that debate.

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Presidential Debates
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2004, 06:03:41 pm »
Kerry owns Bush period.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Presidential Debates
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2004, 06:15:29 pm »
Two Party rule is just rediculous.  I think it's necessary for there to be other platforms to support.  Although in recent history (Perot in 92, Nader in 2000), third parties have mainly been spoilers in Presidential elections, they represent ideas beyond what Democrats and Republicans are limited to.  The two middle parties (Dem and Rep) have to shift thier positions to close match far left and far right parties, so other parties do matter.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Presidential Debates
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2004, 06:27:21 pm »
They should have a vote option to vote the two canidates out and get new ones.

Elizabeth Rose

Presidential Debates
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2004, 08:30:33 pm »
Nader is a left-wing nut who won't get 2 votes!  He and John Scary on Nov. 3rd will crawl back into the mudhole from whence they came!
C'mon man. Nader is a nice guy. If I could vote and he didn't support abortion he'd get my vote. He is a sincere guy and big on the environment.

1luke12

Presidential Debates
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2004, 05:07:58 am »
Kerry is saying negitive things about Bush.
Yes. He hardly voiced his own ideas.

foulpattie

Presidential Debates
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2004, 06:06:08 pm »
He's an indepentdant and they never win. But yeah I think he's nice.  

Starr2k3

Presidential Debates
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2004, 06:15:36 pm »
*sigh*

Indepedants don't run for president to become president, they do it to help one of the candidates. For example, this year. Only reason Nadar is running is because a lot of people hate Kerry but hate Bush even more, so they vote for Nadar. But there are many Bush fanatics(MSP), that will vote Bush even if he killed three men. And there are more Bush fanatics than Kerry fanatics. And there is a bunch of people who hate both so they vote Nadar. Think of it.