Poll

Are Video Games A Bad Influence On Kids?

Yes
No
Other (requires an explination)

Author Topic: Are Video Games A Bad Influence On Kids?  (Read 47404 times)

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Re: Are Video Games A Bad Influence On Kids?
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2006, 07:45:09 am »
No, only a retard would say "Hmm, I sure do love this game! Let me go out & shoot aliens!" or for GTA "Yo! This game is rockin' yo! Let me go mug some *dolphin noise* Yo!" Of course the GTA thing really happens.  :rolleyes:

It happens mainly among adults than anyone else...yet the government are saying that it's a bad influence on kids....
The only games I can think of that will set bad examples on kids are those 'war games' and 'racing games'.
Some idiotic 8 year old down my street stole his dads car and crashed it...he said he wanted to race his friend like in the videogame 'GrandPrix Racer 2000' or something.
Kids can be just as responsible as the parents.
Wow. That kid has mental problems. Of course it's also the parent's fault for not putting the keys out of his reach.
Yeah I agree with adults, but the adults are influeincing kids.
War games can be a good thing, teaching kids how to fight in war & all. But of course if it's not in a war zone it's bad.
no,it's parents faualt for not teaching the kid of whats right or wrong.

Actually, a parent can teach a child EVERYTHING they can about right/wrong...but the child needs to actually have the ability to destinguish (sp?) right/wrong by themselves....and since this generation is lazy, they don't do it and expect everyone to take the blame for their mistakes.
Children who do this should be punished, something so severe that it will force them to never do it again.
Like taking the Tv away from them would be a good start.
the belt is more easier.My mom and dad does it all the time and i obey.

If they do it all the time then that means you don't obey since you are causing them to do it all the time therfor you where not obeying and causing a loop-cycle.

When i was young and did bad things my parents would take away anything that I enjoyed for a short while until I learnt never to do it again, but after so long they just gave up...since I learnt myself what not to do they felt like they didn't need to punish me.
That....and my intelligence is far superior to your average dirt-monkey....
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2006, 08:44:29 am »
If you're parents continue to hit you with the belt, its called child abuse. Report it.

spongebobnet

« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2006, 11:52:54 am »
If you're parents continue to hit you with the belt, its called child abuse. Report it.
they don't hit me.they just scare me

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2006, 07:59:11 pm »
Hell no it isn't.  I got spanked with a belt many a time, and I deserved it every time.

carterhawk

« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2006, 11:22:10 pm »
Spare the rod and spoil the child eh?

imho, the parent who resorts to spanking or yelling has failed to raise their child to respect them and must rule through fear.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2006, 03:58:33 am »

imho, the parent who resorts to spanking or yelling has failed to raise their child to respect them and must rule through fear.

Which can result in social difficulties for the child in the future.
Anyway, back on topic about Video Games being bad for kiddies.

The idea is a load of rubbish, I blame the governemnt for providing defective babies. lol.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2006, 10:48:04 am »
Hell no it isn't.  I got spanked with a belt many a time, and I deserved it every time.
If you have marks from getting hit with anything, its abuse

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2006, 11:06:15 am »
You mean it's what society calls abuse. I call it 'knocking some sense into them darn kids'.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2006, 12:42:02 pm »
You mean it's what society calls abuse. I call it 'knocking some sense into them darn kids'.
Aww yeah.  I don't think I ever had any marks.  All that happened is that I learned not to lie, be mouthy, hit my brothers, throw things, etc...

spongebobnet

« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2006, 12:52:14 pm »

dude.Parents who punish their kids are good parents.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2006, 01:22:31 pm »
Aww yeah.  I don't think I ever had any marks.  All that happened is that I learned not to lie, be mouthy, hit my brothers, throw things, etc...
QFT.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2006, 01:58:56 pm »
Racheal, you, kind ma'am, are full of it. Video Games are NOT a bad ifluence on children. I don't go get a sword and kill people.

Yes, this was Daniel using Liz's account to edit his own post.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 08:35:11 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2006, 02:10:06 pm »
I have been playing Zelda games since 1998. I am yet to get a sword, and run across the world slaugtering people.

I have been playing Call of Duty since 2k4. I have not gone out and killed anyone with an MP40 or Thompson.

I have been playing RTCW:ET (It's rated M), for a little over a year and I have not gone out and knified someone in the back.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 03:25:52 pm by IceFox »

spongebobnet

« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2006, 02:38:29 pm »
it depends on the kinds of people.You people are to smart to do crazy stuff.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2006, 04:26:16 pm »

You should get smacked or spanked with the belt. A police officer came to my house ( my brother went crazy and punche dout his window and was trying to kill us with a knife a few weeks ago) and the police officer said its perfectly leagle to spank your children with a belt. He does it to his kids if they dont listen.

He said as long as your not punching the child or kicking them or assaulting them then its fine.
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty