Author Topic: virginia tech shooting  (Read 38797 times)

J.R.

Re: virginia tech shooting
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2007, 09:37:11 am »
I have no denomination...I'm just Christian.  No title slapped on there.  No man-made doctrine that detracts from what being a Christian should be about.  Christians of no denomination have been growing in number, as even your little wikipedia will tell you.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2007, 09:42:44 am »
Yes, but the total Christian population is still dropping... almost a 10% drop in about 16 - 17 years. Non-denominational Christians are growing... among the Christian populace. But Christianity is still dropping.

J.R.

« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2007, 09:54:30 am »
I don't want to say anything bad about anyone who follows a denominational faction of Christianity, cuz I've known some awesome people from different denominations, but I think then when some of these factions put so much focus on enforcing their doctrines, they lose focus on Christ and the foundation of what Christianity is.  People that aren't focusing on Christ probably aren't going to be living they way a Christian should, and most will end up walking away.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2007, 12:05:23 pm »
I don't want to say anything bad about anyone who follows a denominational faction of Christianity, cuz I've known some awesome people from different denominations, but I think then when some of these factions put so much focus on enforcing their doctrines, they lose focus on Christ and the foundation of what Christianity is.  People that aren't focusing on Christ probably aren't going to be living they way a Christian should, and most will end up walking away.
Word!

*edit* &^(*^ This is Liz. Daniel is dumb and leaves his account logged on.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2007, 12:13:17 pm »
I've struggled with god, and religion for awhile. I believe in god, but I don't like what man has turned religion into. Most denominations, especially the evangelicals ones are extremely hypocritical. The way I see it Jesus loved everyone, not just some narrow minded small group like some people believe.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2007, 12:41:02 pm »
Here is the way I look at it... if God loved everyone why is there a hell?

J.R.

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2007, 01:21:44 pm »
There can be no wickedness in heaven.  That is what separates people from God.  We, on our own, are wicked.  Everyone.  "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." -Romans 3:23.  We all have sinned and deserve eternal separation from Him because of it.  God is a righteous God, and because of this, He must judge sin.  But God loved us so much that he wanted to give us the means through with we could be with Him.  Through His son, we are able to accept or reject God's gift of eternal life.  He gave us the free will to choose whether we embrace Him or turn away from Him.  God wants everyone to accept this gift, but He can't make that choice for people...Only they can.  God doesn't send anyone to hell, as He's given people the means to avoid it.  A person's ultimate fate is of their choosing...Not His.

If you committed a crime and the judge offered you a "get outta jail free" pass before your trial and you turned it down...Would it make sense to complain that there should be no jail and that the judge was uncaring?  Did he not offer you that way out before your judgement?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 01:33:35 pm by J.R. »

Patback399

« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2007, 06:51:31 pm »
I personally don't believe in a place called hell. Hell is an emotion of ultimate sadness. It's kind of how people who give stuff to charity during Christmas have "Christmas spirit". If you are truly joyful because of good acts, you are in heaven already.

I find it strange to believe God, an all-loving deity, would punish anyone for eternity.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2007, 07:17:12 pm »
I personally don't believe in a place called hell. Hell is an emotion of ultimate sadness. It's kind of how people who give stuff to charity during Christmas have "Christmas spirit". If you are truly joyful because of good acts, you are in heaven already.

I find it strange to believe God, an all-loving deity, would punish anyone for eternity.
They bring it on themselves for the life they live. I believe god only saves it for murderers, rapists, and what not.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2007, 08:41:51 pm »
That is why I despise Christianity... so much of it just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, think of it. Why would one be eternally punished for something he did in just a span of 70 years or so? That's like your teenage daughter say, smokes pot and you punish them forever for it. You make her stay in her room for the rest of her life.

I don't believe in hell. I do believe in afterlife though however. There has got to be something better than this. Better than Earth. And actually, my Mom has a philosophy that I could agree with... we are already in hell. And after our time here is exhausted God gives us another chance.

Personally I believe in reincarnation. It makes the most sense I think out of any other possibility.

J.R.

« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2007, 10:29:39 pm »
We are judged because our souls are darkened with sin and we are impure.  If God didn't judge us for our transgressions, He would not be righteous...He would not be just.  Those who accept God's gift are still not worthy to be forgiven.  We're forgiven and saved through grace and nothing more.  There is no "holy" person.  Being a Christian makes me no better than anyone else.  I'm called to live my life for Christ and I accept this.  I accept being hated by those who hate my faith.  I don't expect non-Christians to understand it.  But I refuse to meet hate with hate, no matter who it is.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2007, 07:56:24 am »
What? I don't hate Christians... well, I don't particularly care fore the "Hellfire Preacher" Christians or the Neo-cons, but I don't hate Christians. My Mom and Stepdad are Christians. My sis and I happen to not be religious.

I believe in the elements of nature... because nature is out there. You can see it, touch it, feel it, hear it, and even taste it if you so choose. I honestly think nature controls everything. It's what makes the most sense to me.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2007, 01:56:47 pm »
But, What controls nature?

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2007, 02:14:04 pm »
Nature controls nature... and if you're suggesting that everything is controlled by something, that would create an endless and infinite number of creators and "Gods". Nature is real. Physical. It's what keeps the Earth alive and beautiful.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2007, 01:34:36 pm »
notice no one is talking about the VAtech thing no more.  it's like everyone forgot about it.  why does no1 care no more i dont here about it on the news, no wher