Author Topic: Stupid Spyware  (Read 10187 times)

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Stupid Spyware
« on: December 12, 2003, 04:49:07 am »
I had to clean my computer yesterday. I ran SpyBot S & D yesterday, and found 43 objects. Now I'm cleaning off the Temp files. There were 6200. What are your experiences with spy ware?

Starr2k3

Stupid Spyware
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 05:16:01 am »
yea i no, now our dad has to wipe the whole computer, it really sucks! :angry:  :angry:  

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Stupid Spyware
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 06:50:07 am »
Jordan (YoMaMa) used to have Spyware...and when she got on the internet...bout 50 popups came up...it was really funny...

Patrick

Stupid Spyware
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 08:52:44 am »
I hate the pop-ups that say "Stop Pop-ups now!".
Kind of ironic.

Starr2k3

Stupid Spyware
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 09:32:12 am »
I hate the pop-ups that say "Stop Pop-ups now!".
Kind of ironic.
Yea lol, i see those all the time but usually i use Opera and that has pop-up blockers.

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
Stupid Spyware
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 01:09:36 pm »
Ive never heared of it.
All Time

Weekly

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Stupid Spyware
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2003, 01:21:26 pm »
I've been using Adaware and Spybot for a while now, so I haven't had problems with spyware.  The Stop pop-ups now popup is probably actually Windows Messaging spam.  To get rid of it, go to file, settings, control panel, administrative tools, services. Scroll down the list until you see Messenger.  Right click on it, go to properties.  Change Startup Type to disabled.  Your problems will be fixed.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Starr2k3

Stupid Spyware
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2003, 02:38:32 pm »
I've been using Adaware and Spybot for a while now, so I haven't had problems with spyware.  The Stop pop-ups now popup is probably actually Windows Messaging spam.  To get rid of it, go to file, settings, control panel, administrative tools, services. Scroll down the list until you see Messenger.  Right click on it, go to properties.  Change Startup Type to disabled.  Your problems will be fixed.
Yea i got Adaware 6.0 and spybot.

super_sayian_spongebob

Stupid Spyware
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2003, 02:43:47 pm »
Pop-ups = Spam. (well sorta.)

No this IS NO joke. (to Patrick)

Patrick

Stupid Spyware
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2003, 03:12:33 pm »
No this IS NO joke. (to Patrick)
I have no idea what you mean.

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
Stupid Spyware
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2003, 03:23:10 pm »
me either
All Time

Weekly

mermaidman97007

Stupid Spyware
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2003, 05:14:45 pm »
Wheneve I get a pop-up...I kill it, and delete all my Internet Files manually...I think Microsoft is in on it!! When you try, and do it automatically...it never deletes them all, and some of the files they leave are spyware from search engines...which eventually leads to pop ups...I H8 popups...

Ever wonder what would happen if anyone could hack the spyware, and post it instead of the original file...can you say meltdown!!! Basically you could do a few things...like crash the whole internet, Melt down a million comps at one time, Get arrested :ph34r:

So yeah Spyware=VERY EVIL!!!!

*Points to sky*
EEEVVVIIILLLLL!!!!!!!!
*falls asleep drooling*

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
Stupid Spyware
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2003, 07:59:40 pm »
Ive never heared of it.
Spyware is kinda like cookies in a weird way. When you download certain programs or go to certain sites, the programs secretly install a spyware program on your computer. Kazaa is only one of the programs that does it. So you generally get more pop-ups when you have a lot of spyware stuff on your computer.

I used adaware and it took care of the spyware pretty much.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Stupid Spyware
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2003, 08:02:39 pm »
Yeah, y'all should get Kazaa Lite if you don't want Spyware but want Kazaa. It works great.

My mom's computer got Spyware from some website...but I got it off pretty quick...

Message to Sean: How come you're never on AIM?

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
Stupid Spyware
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2003, 08:10:01 pm »
Message to Sean: How come you're never on AIM?
Well my computer is a piece of crap, and my mom is doing a lot of ebay Christmas shopping. So she has this "theory" that if i run aim the computer will crash permanantly. So she won't let me on aim. Which in actuality (sp?) she knows nothing about computers.

My computer is starting to NOT turn on which is really quite funny. Also I'll be sitting there doing something and it'll just turn off without any warning. Which is really great when your typing quite long messages. I'm basically mooching off my sis's computer right now. (Mac sucks!) But she won't let me use aim on her computer because she has herself signed in automatically. So I'm basically aim-less til December 26.

Woa. Longest post ever!

EDIT: One good thing I will say about the mac is that it has a built in pop-up blocker. But it doesn't change the fact that I hate macs.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 08:11:20 pm by SizzlinSean »