Author Topic: Console Wars  (Read 239550 times)

SS4Gohan

Console Wars
« Reply #465 on: April 17, 2005, 03:57:37 pm »
I don't like the cube, it doesn't have enough good games I reckon.
XBox has a few good games that I've played at my friends house, I liked Halo 2 and Fable.
But PS2 takes the lot, it has great games, i.e San Andres, Final Fantasy, Timesplitters 3 and a whole lot more.
Also it saves me the hassle of buying a DVD player but that would be on any console at the moment I think.
[snapback]162734[/snapback]

GameCube not having enough good games? Yeah right. If you think the Super Mario Bros., Metroid, and Legend of Zelda franchises aren't good... wow. Not to mention, Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games now, it's up there even with San Andreas and Halo 2.

San Andreas is coming out for Xbox soon, it'll have better graphics than the PS2 one, and some new features and stuff.

GC can't play DVDs.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 03:58:01 pm by SS4Gohan »

Offline RandomDude18

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Console Wars
« Reply #466 on: April 21, 2005, 08:09:33 pm »
PS2's DVD Player blows.

timstapels

Console Wars
« Reply #467 on: April 26, 2005, 11:01:55 pm »
WAs that comment good or bad :p

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Console Wars
« Reply #468 on: May 01, 2005, 06:56:04 pm »
[snapback]173833[/snapback]

It could of been either, but it was true. PS2 can't play DVDs. I get a blue screen every time I try.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Console Wars
« Reply #469 on: May 04, 2005, 02:36:16 pm »
I prefer the olders. SNES, NES< Dreamcast, N64(AWSOME!.PS1 is ok, but IO like the good 'ol nintedno and sega calssics most.

P.S.: Apprenyly, every 5 years SOony releases a new Playsation.

1995-PS1 relaeses
2000-PS2 releases
2005-PSP releases and PS3 is planned to ship this year as well.
[snapback]169817[/snapback]

PS3 is set to ship sometime in 2006.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
Console Wars
« Reply #470 on: May 06, 2005, 04:46:38 pm »
THe ps3 is probably gonna be a psp with more bells and whistles X-(
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
Console Wars
« Reply #471 on: May 10, 2005, 05:31:42 pm »
*Takes a deep breath*

E3 IS IN EIGHT DAYS OMG LOL LOL LOL WTC WTC LOL LOL OMG OMG LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!11!1!!!

I'm pretty excited about this year's E3. I'm a bit curious as to what Nintendo will show us about the "Revolution." I heard they they aren't bringing a system, just a video showing gameplay.

Kenny Blankenship

Console Wars
« Reply #472 on: May 10, 2005, 06:03:50 pm »
*Takes a deep breath*

E3 IS IN EIGHT DAYS OMG LOL LOL LOL WTC WTC LOL LOL OMG OMG LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!11!1!!!

I'm pretty excited about this year's E3. I'm a bit curious as to what Nintendo will show us about the "Revolution." I heard they they aren't bringing a system, just a video showing gameplay.
[snapback]177930[/snapback]

As long as they show the gameplay and what the Revolution will be able to do, I'll have no qualms at all....

timstapels

Console Wars
« Reply #473 on: May 13, 2005, 03:02:50 pm »
I wish I could go to E3.
Microsoft have already shown the world what the XBox 360 will look like but hopefully we'll get to see the PS3 at E3.

Gamespot and IGN are pumping out some good info right now.

Banana

Console Wars
« Reply #474 on: May 26, 2005, 06:37:56 pm »
My favorites, in order:

GameCube: This is the only current console I have! I don't care what people say, the controller is GREAT to use, and the games are better than any on any other system.

PS2: I do have a soft spot for this project, mainly because Katamri was released for it.  It has it's share of neat games, and a very innovative controller.

XBox: I HATE MICROSOFT.  I'm serious. Their OS sucks.  Although I have to admit their console is a little better, it's not by much.  The system is entirely overrated.  And I don't like the controller at all.  Plus, I'm not a Halo fan.  AT ALL.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 06:38:20 pm by Banana »

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Console Wars
« Reply #475 on: May 27, 2005, 11:00:05 am »
[snapback]173833[/snapback]

It could of been either, but it was true. PS2 can't play DVDs. I get a blue screen every time I try.
[snapback]175249[/snapback]

I went over to a friends house and watched a DVD on a PS2. It was just like a DVD player.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

timstapels

Console Wars
« Reply #476 on: May 28, 2005, 08:37:22 pm »
I watch DVD's on my PS2 all the time - I have no other DVD player.
You have either, put a wrong zoned DVD into it or the PS2 is a dud.

Banana

Console Wars
« Reply #477 on: May 31, 2005, 05:42:29 pm »
I don't really like how PS2 has a DVD player built in, mainly because it raises the price by one hundred bazillion.  If I were in charge of Sony, I would make the DVD player an add-on , so people that actually WANTED it could choose to buy it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 05:42:52 pm by Banana »

Offline partiallynothing

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://stripslashes.net/
Console Wars
« Reply #478 on: May 31, 2005, 06:15:11 pm »
I don't really like how PS2 has a DVD player built in, mainly because it raises the price by one hundred bazillion.  If I were in charge of Sony, I would make the DVD player an add-on , so people that actually WANTED it could choose to buy it.
PS2 games are on DVD media, so the DVD player is a required item in the system.

Also, the PS2, just as the PS1, has terrible media player reliability.  The drives Sony uses just suck.  At least the PS2 does not overheat like the PS1 did. :)

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Console Wars
« Reply #479 on: June 01, 2005, 07:17:13 am »
Yeah, but game companies have to pay a licensing fee to allow consoles to play DVDs, so that charge would end up being passed onto the consumer.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 07:17:27 am by IZ »