Author Topic: What Is The Biggest Problem Americans Face Today?  (Read 29283 times)

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
What Is The Biggest Problem Americans Face Today?
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2005, 07:33:24 pm »
WTH? Eat meat? Eat meat? Tell me how Republicans would prevent someone from eating meat.
[snapback]145388[/snapback]

Meat packing industry. Ever read "The Jungle"? Upton Sinclair, a liberal reformer, exposed the public to the horrid things that happened. Without him, it would still be the same.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2005, 07:36:52 pm »
Well, I beg to differ. I mean, is it where up to liberals women would be allowed to killed their unborn children... gays would be allowed to marry... it all sickens me. The liberal way of thinking. I can't comprehend it.
[snapback]145385[/snapback]

If it weren't for a liberal, you wouldn't even be able to eat meat. Women wouldn't be able to vote, and we'd still have slaves.
[snapback]145387[/snapback]
PROVE IT. I don't believe you for a second. That was obviously made up.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2005, 07:39:44 pm »
WTH? Eat meat? Eat meat? Tell me how Republicans would prevent someone from eating meat.
[snapback]145388[/snapback]

Meat packing industry. Ever read "The Jungle"? Upton Sinclair, a liberal reformer, exposed the public to the horrid things that happened. Without him, it would still be the same.
[snapback]145391[/snapback]

Sure, he did. I know this to be true. Animals were, and are, being treated horribly. Yes, it would be worse/the same. What exactly does that have to do with eating meat? I mean, people would still eat it, wouldn't they?

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2005, 07:40:08 pm »
Upton Sinclair - Meat Packing
Elizabeth Cady Stanton - Womens Rights
Abolitionists - Slavery

All Liberal Reformers.

"Animals were, and are, being treated horribly." Nonononono, the horrible conditions of the meat packing workers/factories.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 07:41:13 pm by IZ »

Gideon Brown

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2005, 07:42:26 pm »
Tis all okay...Canada had this big fiasco about horsemeat mixed with the beef I think....yeah....maybe....or else I watched Due South too much as a child.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2005, 07:44:51 pm »
Ah, the workers. Ok, I get what you are saying now. That is true, but, once upon a time all factory workers were mistreated, not just meat packers. Seriously though, enlighten me. I just am not seeing how this would prevent people from eating meat. It did not prevent people from buying all the other products that factories were producing. I am missing something here.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2005, 07:46:44 pm »
Upton Sinclair - Meat Packing
Elizabeth Cady Stanton - Womens Rights
Abolitionists - Slavery

All Liberal Reformers.

"Animals were, and are, being treated horribly." Nonononono, the horrible conditions of the meat packing workers/factories.
[snapback]145400[/snapback]
Lincoln was Republican... he supported freeing the slaves. Your facts are exagerated.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2005, 07:47:43 pm »
Back then Republicans were not conservatives.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2005, 07:47:51 pm »
Ah, the workers. Ok, I get what you are saying now. That is true, but, once upon a time all factory workers were mistreated, not just meat packers. Seriously though, enlighten me. I just am not seeing how this would prevent people from eating meat. It did not prevent people from buying all the other products that factories were producing. I am missing something here.
[snapback]145402[/snapback]

It's not a frigging moral thing. It's that rats and people would get mixed in the food, making them super disgusting. They would literally take the molding meat, and inject it with chemicals to make it so there was about 70% molded, making it legal to sell.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2005, 07:50:02 pm »
Yes, I know that. People would have bought it anyway, if for no other reason than they are stupid and don't care. Wanna know what is in McDonalds meat now?

Ah well, I'll tell you anyway. My grandfather used to raise cows not too long ago. One time one of his bulls got very, very sick. Sick to the point that he was of no value, and really should have been shot out of pity. He was really, really sick. So, you know what my grandfather did? He sold him to McDonalds. The cow was sick, not a broken leg, but a disease. And McDonalds bought that bull.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 08:06:04 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2005, 08:04:31 pm »
Yes, I know that. People would have bought it anyway, if for no other reason than they are stupid and don't care. Wanna know what is in McDonalds meat now?
[snapback]145406[/snapback]

I know I know! I saw the Dateline specials. :)

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2005, 08:07:10 pm »
Read my edited post man! First hand experience!

I guess I needn't explain why I don't eat at McDonalds.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2005, 08:08:14 pm »

Ah well, I'll tell you anyway. My grandfather used to raise cows not too long ago. One time one of his bulls got very, very sick. Sick to the point that he was of no value, and really should have been shot out of pity. He was really, really sick. So, you know what my grandfather did? He sold him to McDonalds. The cow was sick, not a broken leg, but a disease. And McDonalds bought that bull.

I've eaten McDonald's for a long time, and I've never gotten sick from it.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2005, 08:24:16 pm »

[snapback]145416[/snapback]

Let me enlighten you. People that get mad cow disease don't notice it until 4- 10+ years. Also, that meat has been injected with growth harmones to fatten it up quicker. And, have you ever seen the conditions of the prossecing houses??? They're horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 08:31:47 pm by JackWhite2000 »

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2005, 08:34:52 pm »
[snapback]145416[/snapback]

I didn't say you would get noticeably sick. You are going to tell me it is healthy to eat a diseased animal? :blink: