Author Topic: Why Anyone Would Want An Ipod...  (Read 5183 times)

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Why Anyone Would Want An Ipod...
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2005, 05:45:39 pm »
Or C.D. players are less money, and work just as well.

Megan

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2005, 05:52:30 pm »
I have an MP3 player right now, 256gb, and I made a bad decision in getting it. It cost $130, for the memory ability for roughly 250 songs. If I payed $70 more, I could have afforded the Mini iPod, which holds 1,000 songs. So, dumb decision in my opinion. I'm thinking about saving the money for a mini, or possible a regular one, and selling the other one on eBay.

Heh.. anyone notice the similar capitalization patter? aBcd?

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2005, 06:18:24 pm »
I have a blue iPod mini. So far I have like 60 songs on it.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2005, 06:20:07 pm »
[snapback]162183[/snapback]

Yeah, but with a 50 pound back-pack of cds to carry an MP3 player looks pretty good.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 06:21:38 pm by Isnt_Anything »

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2005, 06:36:27 pm »
[snapback]162183[/snapback]

Trust me, when you have as many CDs that you *must* carry around all the time as I do, you will understand why an iPod/mp3 player/whatever else there is, sounds mighty nice.

Unfortunately, I can't afford any of that type of stuff anyway, so for now I'll just have to carry less. :P
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 06:37:34 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2005, 03:15:09 am »
I could care less about an iPod killer...I just want SOMEONE to make a good one that does video (avi/mpeg[I really wish they had one out that does rm, cause it's the best vid format to keep size low I think...), pictures(bmp/jpeg/gif), and sound (mp3/wav/ogg).

My MP3 player is a Creative Jukebox from 7 years ago...was the biggest back then with 9gig...Cost me 520$...and only until last year had they finally got their software right so that it wouldn't rip bad files to the mp3 player....geez

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2005, 08:45:08 am »
....iPod is an MP3 player...
[snapback]161671[/snapback]

Wrong, it is an AAC player. :happy:

I have an iPod mini, and I have yet to fill it up. (I probably would have by now if I was allowed to put music in it.)

Snowthrower

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2005, 12:34:57 pm »
I would never buy anything besides an iPod for a Hard Drive player since they are so small and portable as opposed to the Creative (ugly and clunky), I tried putting my friends Creative in my pocket and it was like walking with a brick in my pocket. iPods are also easily hackable/upgradeable.

SpongeBobAndyZX14

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2005, 12:43:36 pm »

I thought an iPod was a little different from an MP3 player.  iPods are, like, little square things and you move your finger on the select pad thing for the volume, right?  I think I'm confusing multiple different things...  Sorry.

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2005, 02:12:43 pm »
[snapback]162197[/snapback]

An iPod is a bad choice then. If you only have 60 songs, then you'd be fine carrying CD's around. You could fit that many songs on three CDs! iPods and MP3 players are made to carry like 600+ songs. I'm praying you didn't just buy it because it was the latest trend.

GIR

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2005, 02:24:09 pm »

I thought an iPod was a little different from an MP3 player.  iPods are, like, little square things and you move your finger on the select pad thing for the volume, right?  I think I'm confusing multiple different things...  Sorry.
[snapback]162464[/snapback]

yes the volume of the MP3 wich you upload from the computor from lime wire by some rapper named three4U that was killed 3 years ago.XD
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 02:24:38 pm by megapat0099 »

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2005, 04:05:52 pm »
I have an MP3 player right now, 256gb, and I made a bad decision in getting it. It cost $130, for the memory ability for roughly 250 songs. If I payed $70 more, I could have afforded the Mini iPod, which holds 1,000 songs. So, dumb decision in my opinion. I'm thinking about saving the money for a mini, or possible a regular one, and selling the other one on eBay.

Heh.. anyone notice the similar capitalization patter? aBcd?
[snapback]162184[/snapback]

Just out of curiousity, what brand did you get? We seem to have both made the same mistake.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2005, 04:23:02 pm »
[snapback]162197[/snapback]

The iPod mini by far is the worst iPod you can buy. It holds 4 gigabytes, and you have to pay $200, when you can buy a iPod that holds 20 gigabytes for $300, or even the iPod photo, that holds 30 gigabytes for $350.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 04:23:08 pm by IZ »

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2005, 05:45:31 pm »
I could care less about an iPod killer...I just want SOMEONE to make a good one that does video (avi/mpeg[I really wish they had one out that does rm, cause it's the best vid format to keep size low I think...), pictures(bmp/jpeg/gif), and sound (mp3/wav/ogg).

My MP3 player is a Creative Jukebox from 7 years ago...was the biggest back then with 9gig...Cost me 520$...and only until last year had they finally got their software right so that it wouldn't rip bad files to the mp3 player....geez
[snapback]162327[/snapback]
Pocket PC (with a VGA screen) + 5gb CF card (or 8gb if you want to spend a lot) + 1gb SD card = ~$600 portable video player that also has Wifi, Bluetooth, and a 624mhz processor (good for gaming).
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone