Poll

Do You Support the Goals of Intelligent Design

Yes - Teach that an unknown being of infinite power and universal knowledge has guided human evolution from the beginning. -=Some claim that this is a guise to sneak Christianity into the classroom, and violates seperation of Church and State=-
6 (27.3%)
No - Teach that evolution, as a result of natural forces, resulted in life as it is today. -=Some claim that life is to complicated to have arisen from random and chaotic forces; thus life must have have been helped along to reach its current state.=-
16 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Should The Bible Be Taught in Science Class?  (Read 38828 times)

Lil Loco

Should The Bible Be Taught in Science Class?
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2006, 09:09:16 pm »
teacher: as quoted by harvord professor george wald, "there are only two possibilities as to how life arose..one is spontaneous generation arising to evolution.  the other is a supernatural creative act..."  there are those who favor evolution and those who favor ID.  In evolution, the universe came into existance from a huge explosion in empty space called the big bang...from there, all life changed and evolved slowly over time and developed into what we have today.  In ID, the universe and all of its components were designed by a higher being...from the tiny atoms of hydrogen and other elements to the huge stars like our sun.  ultimately its your decision wut belief to take as your own, but both sides are shown here for a balance of view...etc etc etc.

carterhawk

« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2006, 09:46:43 pm »
the supernatural isnt scientific :p

Lil Loco

« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2006, 08:05:35 am »
wuts the matter winston?  ran outta long-winded smart-a$$ comments?

carterhawk

« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2006, 12:30:58 pm »
im trying to keep things simple for you. short responses, focusing on one thing. ive admitted defeat with regards to longer posts and am lowering my standards so its easier to get a response.

Supernatural phenomonae are the realm of quacks and pseudo science. Things like ghosts, the easter bunny, and spontaneous combustion that have never been proven and will never be proven by science. By invoking the supernatural your allowing for a comparison between ID and stuff like Roswell and leprechauns. If it takes magical forces for ID to work, then it isnt science.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 12:33:54 pm by carterhawk »

Lil Loco

« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2006, 12:56:42 pm »
Supernatural phenomonae are the realm of quacks and pseudo science. Things like ghosts, the easter bunny, and spontaneous combustion that have never been proven and will never be proven by science.
[snapback]285668[/snapback]

lol...thats funny.

wanna know wut else never has been and never will be proven by science...?  evolution.

carterhawk

« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2006, 01:53:06 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza
It has evolved over time, each major change causing pandemics and the deaths of millions.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 01:53:43 pm by carterhawk »

Lil Loco

« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2006, 02:45:19 pm »
lol, genetic change in a virus doesnt prove the basis of evolution.  wanna know why evolution isnt claimed as fact?  cuz there's evidence against it...and no matter how much positive "evidence" someone tries to claim for it...the disproving evidence shuts the entire idea down.  so it will always be theory...speculated and believed by scientists because they'd rather believe that the universe is of sole materialistic origin, regardless if they're wrong or not.

but the whole topic is just startin to repeat itself over and over so there aint really a point to this.  as far as the actual subject of the topic goes...i'll say it one last time.  i dont think the bible should be in there, only the concept of ID.  at this point if winston or anyone else disagrees, then i could care less.  you can believe wut you wanna believe.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2006, 06:05:38 pm »
This thread just needs to be closed.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #158 on: May 25, 2006, 03:54:24 pm »
science should be taught in science class, religion elsewhere, like in churches..i mean thats where its supposed to be taught, right?
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty