Author Topic: Where Did God Come From?  (Read 50900 times)

oscar_the_grouch

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2004, 02:05:27 am »
i dont think about that kind of stuff. why make life complicated when its simple? you live and die. im going to get a comment or two back because of that but oh well.

Paige

Starr2k3

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2004, 07:31:19 am »
I am not just gonna listen to the Bible and say, "It said it so it's true, I just gotta believe". I want to find what happened for sure, just not some, "It's true but I can't back it up".

That's like me saying "A guy on crack made us, just believe!"
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 07:32:36 am by Starr2k3 »

edso

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2004, 07:56:18 am »
MSP made a good point. The bible said it. And the bible is the word of God.

And to now to Andrew....you also made a great point.   There need to be facts...the faith is not Gods word.  The faith is in God.

God never "came". He never said " Heck with it, Im going to go and create me and make earth." He planned out future.  He didnt "come"And he wont "leave". It is our mighty god. Not some visitor(sp?).

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2004, 08:14:58 am »
Here is my reply, and decent point.  According to the Bible, God always was, always is, and always will be.  There is no way to explain this.  The human mind can never understand.  But we believe this because of faith.  Faith is believing something when commonsence tells you not to.
[snapback]137594[/snapback]
Agreed, nice point MSP  :happy:

Starr2k3

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2004, 08:49:16 am »
Oh please, the Bible could of been made by someone on crack. No one knows. Don't use the bible as a reason god exists.

edso

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2004, 08:55:00 am »
Yes but we christians have faith that it is.  I do understand you though anyone could have made the bible to fool us..thats just not what I believe.  And so you know I dont think crack was made thousands of years ago...

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2004, 09:01:09 am »
Oh please, the Bible could of been made by someone on crack. No one knows. Don't use the bible as a reason god exists.
[snapback]137665[/snapback]

well if they had drugs back in that time then jesus was definately a stoner. he was always so calm and never fought back. he was a mellow fellow and must have been high all the time. see drugs can be good if george w bush was high do you think he would want to waste his time with iraq. :happy:

Starr2k3

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2004, 09:01:34 am »
Yes but we christians have faith that it is.  I do understand you though anyone could have made the bible to fool us..thats just not what I believe.  And so you know I dont think crack was made thousands of years ago...
[snapback]137667[/snapback]

Figure of speach.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2004, 11:14:59 am »
[snapback]137665[/snapback]

Do you have an answer then? Christianity is based on faith. I know that God has worked on me in my own life. I have "proof" of that. I used to be like most of you. Needed proof to believe in god or any kind-of higher being. Fact is, you cant explain it, either. There is more evidence that Jesus existed than Ceaser. Its not entirely blind faith. Biblical stories to match up with historical events. I've seen God work in my life as well as others...its not something I can really explain myself..

Gideon Brown

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2004, 11:19:40 am »
Just for the record, drugs were never 'made' they are from plants. and these drugs did exist thousands of years ago, and were at times thought to be a way to see into the future or deep in to the ancestry past.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2004, 12:19:02 pm »
Crack was also used as a type of medicine in the 1800's but they soon realized what it was doing/has done to people. Cocale comes from the coco plant I believe?

Dragon Of Grief

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2004, 12:31:26 pm »
Wait, how did this go from a discussion on God to a discussion about illegal narcotics? How do the two even intertwine?

Yeah, MSP is actually right on this one I believe. We can't perceive it because as human beings we do have a beginning and an end. We live and die. God doesn't. God didn't come from anywhere. He has always been around.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2004, 01:19:23 pm »
Wait, how did this go from a discussion on God to a discussion about illegal narcotics? How do the two even intertwine?
[snapback]137714[/snapback]

PS2k3 said "the person who wrote the bible could've been on crack" or something like that. Then, someone said they dont think drugs were around back then blah, blah, blah...

I too agree with MSP on this one. That was a intelligent post. Good Show!!!  :biggrin:

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2004, 01:22:01 pm »
Faith is the ultimate Catch 22.  I'm starting my own religion.  Yolta, the giant chicken being from the twelfth dimension has spoken through me to write these basic tenets of the Yoltarian faith.

1.  Yolta has always and will always exist.
2.  You must worship Yolta, always, because Yolta chooses your past, your present, and your future.
3.  You cannot doubt Yolta because you think you do not see her.  She is everything that is around you.  You do not need proof.  Yolta tells you, therefore you believe.  Proof is for the blind of faith.
4.  Those I speak through are the chosen ones.  Never doubt thier word.  They are merely vessels of my ultimate being.  If you disagree with anything one of my vessels says, you will be labelled a heathen.
5.  I invented the universe and created man.  You cannot say I did not because you did not see the creation of the universe or the creation of man.  Therefore, I am correct.
6.  Yolta declares that all faiths other than Yoltarianism are heathen, and all those who worship false idols such as "God" and "Jesus" will face an eternity stuck in a Yolta's egg.  All Yoltarians will face blissful eternity in the feather loft.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 01:28:13 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2004, 04:17:28 pm »
Sorry to hear that cmonkey.