Author Topic: Florida Woman's Feeding Tube Removed  (Read 26719 times)

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Florida Woman's Feeding Tube Removed
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2005, 07:31:39 pm »
Why?! So she can suffer more? She would've died from it eventually, but her life was going to be a ::Dolphin Noise:: on earth. She was going to be a vegetable her whole life, and I can't let her go through that.
[snapback]160886[/snapback]

only kevin can avoid the word filters on he11 :biggrin:
[snapback]160887[/snapback]

It's my l33t haxx0r skillz.

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2005, 07:32:02 pm »
i agree. it's better to kill her quickly than let her die a slow painful death. what would you have preferred

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2005, 08:16:38 pm »
Yeah well if you do that, that's concidered murder.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2005, 08:17:08 pm »
No, it's not. It's Euthnsia, or mercy killing.

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2005, 08:18:13 pm »
Ethuansita(sp?) = Murder.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 08:18:24 pm by super_sayian_spongebob »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2005, 08:19:48 pm »
Really now, so you're telling me if you were terminally ill/braindead, you'd want to be kept alive for the rest of your life?

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2005, 08:26:23 pm »
Kevin while I respect your opinion, he||on earth is not as bad as he|| for eternity.  Euthenesia is indeed murder, there is no way for it to be called mercy killing justifiably, because it is so beyond evil.  Taking away a feeding tube, death by starvation.  Something that most people wouldn't want done to a dog.  I sure wouldn't want that done to a dog.  And the Governement Officials are doing it to a human.  Reagan was right about the Government...Kevin I do respect you opinion tho you did make a good argument but I really really REALLY disagree.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 08:28:05 pm by MiraclrPlz »

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2005, 09:08:43 pm »
Kevin while I respect your opinion, he||on earth is not as bad as he|| for eternity.  Euthenesia is indeed murder, there is no way for it to be called mercy killing justifiably, because it is so beyond evil.  Taking away a feeding tube, death by starvation.  Something that most people wouldn't want done to a dog.  I sure wouldn't want that done to a dog.  And the Governement Officials are doing it to a human.  Reagan was right about the Government...Kevin I do respect you opinion tho you did make a good argument but I really really REALLY disagree.
[snapback]160921[/snapback]
At least your respecting his opinion... :dry:

DennisLuvr

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2005, 02:41:49 pm »
The whole thing is entirely stupid. If even one person wants to keep her alive, they should. Instead they just listen to one man who allegedly has another girlfriend and will get all her insurance money when she passes on? Riiight...

Her family was even willing to pay for her feeding tube, so he can't use financial costs as an excuse. America's going to pot...

Snowthrower

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2005, 05:00:50 pm »
I honestly think this is murder, I mean she still is a living, breathing human and now there going to kill her by starving her to death? And the government says its ok to MURDER her?

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2005, 09:02:53 pm »
Kevin while I respect your opinion, he||on earth is not as bad as he|| for eternity.  Euthenesia is indeed murder, there is no way for it to be called mercy killing justifiably, because it is so beyond evil.  Taking away a feeding tube, death by starvation.  Something that most people wouldn't want done to a dog.  I sure wouldn't want that done to a dog.  And the Governement Officials are doing it to a human.  Reagan was right about the Government...Kevin I do respect you opinion tho you did make a good argument but I really really REALLY disagree.
[snapback]160921[/snapback]

How is it beyond evil? Are you to tell me if you were terminally ill, you'd want to be kept alive? She'd suffer her entire life, just sitting there, with no hope of ever recovering? I'm sure even God could find it OK to do that.

GIR

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2005, 01:46:57 pm »
I know her, Its my pastor's friend's sister.
Yeah they should let her die because she would hurt and suffer.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 01:47:46 pm by megapat0099 »

DennisLuvr

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2005, 04:05:29 pm »
And how exactly would you know she was "hurt and suffering"? Unless she wants you to kill her, then don't. Milord, doesn't anyone listen? A speech therapist even said she was willing to put in the time and might be able to get her to talk. She's not in a coma, so her husband shouldn't have any say in the matter. And since she has no will, there's really nothing they can do. The husband has a conflict of interest, the parents want to keep her alive. She has a chance of recovering. But apparently no one thinks about the good of humanity, of life, anymore.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2005, 04:28:35 pm »
She had no life. She was a vegetable. She would've had to live like that for many more years. She was in that state for over 7 years. Would you want to be living off of a feeding tube for 7 years? I'm sure she wanted to go. It was more of a political thing after a while.

DennisLuvr

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2005, 05:14:38 pm »
How can you say she had no life? She's still a human being. They have no right to take her life as they please. I'm just saying, you can't be sure she wanted to go unless she told you specifically, which she can't.

It is better to let her live than make an eternal mistake by killing her.