Poll

Is The All Seeing Eye Your Lord and Savior

Perhapse
Not Likely
All Hail The all Seeing Eye!

Author Topic: Jesus and Crosses  (Read 32585 times)

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Jesus and Crosses
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2006, 10:00:28 pm »
I can get pretty p1ssed, and some of the things you got me pretty fired up about, and i am NOT the perfect christian, or do i act like it. That I know. I just donelike you insulting my God. I am very sorry about the insults. All is forgiven?  :huh: I forgive you :blink:
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

carterhawk

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2006, 10:21:40 pm »
Im not insulting your god, Im questioning the things you say about Him/Her. I can't ask your god directly, and as busy as I am, this is the next best thing. If your god was *realy* that bothered, i wouldnt be here right now, id be a smote of ash on the ground, smoldering. And if your right then ill spend forever in hell, so dont worry about it, Im sure God can handle him/herself just fine.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2006, 10:24:12 pm »
Ok...well Do you forgive me? I forgive you for the name calling and a  insults, I hope you forgive me as well
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

carterhawk

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2006, 11:11:36 pm »
Here's the thing, whatever you say, doesnt bother me in the slightest, so there is nothing to forgive :D

spongey snail

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2006, 07:28:05 am »
I think it will be fine but I do respect anybody elses veiw.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2006, 08:49:32 am »
Hmm I suppose. I do respect it, but I am totally agaisnt it.. But that is just how I work. Like the Lord says,

(a favorite quote of mine)

"Go from village to village, proclaim it, and if they do not listen, clap the dirt from your sandals and move on "
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Lil Loco

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2006, 09:36:43 am »
Whats with you and obscure 5+ year old sources?
anyways, from your own source:
Before we get carried away condemning the century as a whole, we should keep in mind that the enormous body count has come about largely because there are so many more people available to kill. For example, the St. Bartholemew's Day Massacre in France in 1575 killed some 50,000 people, which, by 20th Century standards, is hardly enough to rate a place on these maps; however, considering that there were only 15 million Frenchmen at the time, this massacre would be the equivalent of 800,000 modern Americans -- a very frightening number indeed.
No I havent read the whole thing yet, but thats because it only deals with the 20th century. The last one hundred years is a mere fraction of the last 10,000. To clarify, 1900 to 1999 = 20th century, 1800 to 1899 = 19th century.

you're gonna proportionate human life?  wow.  that still doesnt change the fact that there have been more conflicts and more death from those conflicts than in the 19th century.

Again with the unkown and old sources. anyways, 2000 and 2004 are 2 years, last i checked there was some time between them, although I suppose you aren't one to let an inconvenient truth stand in the way, huh? If you had bothered to be honest, you would have mentioned that in 2005 only about 90,000 people died, and this year only about 6,000 have died. That is a decline. Anyways, I had some time, so I did my research and came up with two graphs. The first one outlines the number of deaths by year of the last 26 years due to quakes. What should stand out is the big spike in 2004. Except, that number included deaths that resulted from the tsunami that occured after the quake. Aside from that, quake activity has been fairly consistant. Fact is, quakes are not something that we can realy predict. Sure there are theories about when the next big one is going to hit, based on historical data, but that doesnt change the fact that in any given year any number of people could die.

The second chart outlines all known major quakes with a death toll greater than 50,000. Of special note is that the biggest quake in the last 1200 years was 800 years ago, and that 1200 years ago the death toll for quakes was similar to what we have in the last decade. in between you see a fairly consistant ebb and flow, like a sine wave. Dont forget what I said early, and what the USGS also says. There are more people on the earth, and there are more monitoring stations than ever before. 800 years ago there were maybe 300 to 400 million people on the earth. The quake that occured then took out about 830,000 people. If a similar quake happened today, we would see a death toll of around 12 million people. As I said before, earthquakes arent becoming more often and more intense, there are just more people around to notice them and be killed by them.

try taking a look at your own graph...yea, it spikes high in 2004 like i said....but everything's normal besides that huh?  you brushed 2005 off like 90,000+ deaths was nothing...the 2005 death toll easily doubles, if not triples the recorded tolls of the past 26 years of the graph alone.  it also greatly exceeds the toll of your quake on the second chart.  oh and 2006...?  the year aint over yet.

Mkay, so long as its very obvious who the anti christ is so that people have a fair chance to oppose him/her, thats totaly cool. However it still seems odd that god needs worshipers, its not like this is Black & White or Stargate.

God doesnt need anybody...He wants people to spend eternity with Him and not suffer eternal separation from Him, which is why He gave us the means to.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2006, 11:01:55 am »
Whats with you and obscure 5+ year old sources?
anyways, from your own source:
Before we get carried away condemning the century as a whole, we should keep in mind that the enormous body count has come about largely because there are so many more people available to kill. For example, the St. Bartholemew's Day Massacre in France in 1575 killed some 50,000 people, which, by 20th Century standards, is hardly enough to rate a place on these maps; however, considering that there were only 15 million Frenchmen at the time, this massacre would be the equivalent of 800,000 modern Americans -- a very frightening number indeed.
No I havent read the whole thing yet, but thats because it only deals with the 20th century. The last one hundred years is a mere fraction of the last 10,000. To clarify, 1900 to 1999 = 20th century, 1800 to 1899 = 19th century.

you're gonna proportionate human life?  wow.  that still doesnt change the fact that there have been more conflicts and more death from those conflicts than in the 19th century.

Again with the unkown and old sources. anyways, 2000 and 2004 are 2 years, last i checked there was some time between them, although I suppose you aren't one to let an inconvenient truth stand in the way, huh? If you had bothered to be honest, you would have mentioned that in 2005 only about 90,000 people died, and this year only about 6,000 have died. That is a decline. Anyways, I had some time, so I did my research and came up with two graphs. The first one outlines the number of deaths by year of the last 26 years due to quakes. What should stand out is the big spike in 2004. Except, that number included deaths that resulted from the tsunami that occured after the quake. Aside from that, quake activity has been fairly consistant. Fact is, quakes are not something that we can realy predict. Sure there are theories about when the next big one is going to hit, based on historical data, but that doesnt change the fact that in any given year any number of people could die.

The second chart outlines all known major quakes with a death toll greater than 50,000. Of special note is that the biggest quake in the last 1200 years was 800 years ago, and that 1200 years ago the death toll for quakes was similar to what we have in the last decade. in between you see a fairly consistant ebb and flow, like a sine wave. Dont forget what I said early, and what the USGS also says. There are more people on the earth, and there are more monitoring stations than ever before. 800 years ago there were maybe 300 to 400 million people on the earth. The quake that occured then took out about 830,000 people. If a similar quake happened today, we would see a death toll of around 12 million people. As I said before, earthquakes arent becoming more often and more intense, there are just more people around to notice them and be killed by them.

try taking a look at your own graph...yea, it spikes high in 2004 like i said....but everything's normal besides that huh?  you brushed 2005 off like 90,000+ deaths was nothing...the 2005 death toll easily doubles, if not triples the recorded tolls of the past 26 years of the graph alone.  it also greatly exceeds the toll of your quake on the second chart.  oh and 2006...?  the year aint over yet.

Mkay, so long as its very obvious who the anti christ is so that people have a fair chance to oppose him/her, thats totaly cool. However it still seems odd that god needs worshipers, its not like this is Black & White or Stargate.

God doesnt need anybody...He wants people to spend eternity with Him and not suffer eternal separation from Him, which is why He gave us the means to.

^^Exactly. Learn a little more about our God before you go around making falso accusations about him. And 2006 isnt over yet. Your graphs are whats incorrect. Find accurate information before you post next time.
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

carterhawk

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2006, 11:58:32 pm »
try taking a look at your own graph...yea, it spikes high in 2004 like i said....but everything's normal besides that huh?
Lets start with this, In 1976 there was a quake comparable in death toll to the one in 2004, and comparable to the one 1200 years ago. Again, there are More People Alive Now than There Were 30 Years Ago, or 100 Years ago, or 1000 Years ago.

you brushed 2005 off like 90,000+ deaths was nothing...the 2005 death toll easily doubles, if not triples the recorded tolls of the past 26 years of the graph alone.
no it doesnt, the numbers clearly show that 2005 was less than half the number of deaths from 1980 to 2003. 
it also greatly exceeds the toll of your quake on the second chart.
Thats almost a million people, and thats when there were maybe 300 million people in the world. Please be aware that the two graphs have different scales. 
oh and 2006...?  the year aint over yet.
Its half over, and stop wishing death on people.

[/quote]Im doing quite dandy and im seperated from God. What are the long term effects of seperation from God? Do such things matter to an immortal being like those who have died? Seperation from God isnt that bad, its the whole "In Hell" part that makes God cruel.

^^Exactly. Learn a little more about our God before you go around making falso accusations about him. And 2006 isnt over yet. Your graphs are whats incorrect. Find accurate information before you post next time.
1) If you disagree with the graph, you disagree with facts.
2) http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/top10.php
3) Stop being a sycophant, if you dont have anything original to contribute, then stay out the thread.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2006, 11:34:01 am »
We aren't wishing death on people. Simply stated is that the year isn't over yet and there very likley could be more earthqukes. Dont make false accusations.
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

carterhawk

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2006, 05:22:40 pm »
We aren't wishing death on people. Simply stated is that the year isn't over yet and there very likley could be more earthqukes. Dont make false accusations.

Would you want more quakes to happen? is being right so important people must die?

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2006, 08:29:19 am »

Would you want more quakes to happen? is being right so important people must die?

I hope you realize you are making yourself look like more of an idiot...

It was a statement they were making, but since you're one for twisting words, you've taken it the wrong way and now you're just pushing it more to try and make them look bad.

Just move along and drop it.  They were just stating that the year has yet to end and there is plenty of time left in the year for something bad to happen.  This doesn't mean they hope it does.  It's simply a statement.

carterhawk

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2006, 07:18:06 pm »

It was a statement they were making, but since you're one for twisting words, you've taken it the wrong way and now you're just pushing it more to try and make them look bad.

Just move along and drop it.  They were just stating that the year has yet to end and there is plenty of time left in the year for something bad to happen.  This doesn't mean they hope it does.  It's simply a statement.

Its more than that, because if more death's dont happen, it means earthquakes are random, not divine like they claim. by their reasoning there should have been over 250K dead last year, and more than that this year.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2006, 11:22:44 am »

Thanks Roger! Finally a smart person has come into the debate. :)
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2006, 10:30:29 am »

Its more than that, because if more death's dont happen, it means earthquakes are random, not divine like they claim. by their reasoning there should have been over 250K dead last year, and more than that this year.

Their reasoning states nothing like that.

Being a Christian, I believe that God has an influence over everything.  But what you're saying is that we should be able to predict what God has in store.  This is the problem...we can't.  We don't know if there's going to be an earthquake today that's going to kill thousands...it could just happen.  But since you're not religious, and you don't follow a faith, you'll just put this down.

Here comes the problem with all your debates.  All of them are about religion.  There's always going to be something to debate and you know your non-religious views will always counteract the views by a religion.

I suggest you just drop this entire topic and move on...