Author Topic: Console Wars  (Read 242904 times)

mermaidman97007

Console Wars
« Reply #180 on: October 24, 2003, 12:29:52 pm »
alot games would be lame on pc
well obviously you dont have many PC games...PC games rule over console games...you do know that all console games are made on PC's, then conformed into consoles...ie trimming out things here n there. And they are usually included on the PC game. For example if you ever bought the PC version of resident evil there is like an extra 20 minutes of cutscenes in it...FFX has extras too, and forget about Halo...better graphics, better sound, easier to control...etc.
Dont ::Dolphin Noise:: me off!   :blowup: :mad:
dont go wiseguy on me because i cant stand it!
PC IS NOT BETTER THEN CONSOLES(why do you think they put pc made games into consoles? ask yourself that question and go figuere it out yourself its not my prob
console wars mean xbox, gc and ps2 vs eachother NOT VS PC! :pokey:
i own a gc a xbox and a crappy pc and my parents wont be buying a new one for me pcs are to expensive
i had a discussiion with a lame friend of mine about this and he was to &(&^*^to buy a console because hes parents bought a new pc every *!#&*% year
:mf_zap:

:biggrin:  :cool:
uhhhh you aint the boss o me...
and I can go all wiseguy if I wanna...u cant stop me...sorry to upset you, but when you express opinions yer bound to make someone mad...

And they make the games go onto consoles because it makes them more money that way. All the kids runnin around tellin their mom, or dad "I want I want!" and thats how they make most of their sales when it comes to games. They just want you to think that a TV has better resolution than a PC monitor...
And why not buy a new PC every year, most places let you trade in your old PC for a credit on the new one, and its so worth it. Specially if yer doin it every year. It makes it way less expensive that way.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 12:30:53 pm by mermaidman97007 »

matty

Console Wars
« Reply #181 on: October 24, 2003, 12:51:06 pm »
sorry for that last post it was a little argessive but i still dont agree
because pcs are a high cost it doesnt guarantee a game will sell. in every shop you will see that there more adventures/ first person shooters and mmorpgs on consoles then on pc plus a lot of good games are made first for a console simply because there is more chance of selling.  

mermaidman97007

Console Wars
« Reply #182 on: October 24, 2003, 12:56:22 pm »
in every shop you will see that there more adventures/ first person shooters and mmorpgs on consoles then on pc plus a lot of good games are made first for a console simply because there is more chance of selling.
Like I said they do it to make money...kids are more likely to talk mom&dad into getting a console game than a PC game, and do you get to goto many shops? or are you talkin about places like gametrader, or what?? lol the shops I goto sell both consoles, and PC games, and they all have WAY more PC games than console games...unless they are geared toward console sales...

matty

Console Wars
« Reply #183 on: October 24, 2003, 01:08:01 pm »
well i still dont think pc is beter i think there both equal
its more in interest. i like consoles more because agree to it or not pc games have a different selection in games. pc games usaually have many strategie games and stuff and since they invented online gaming on consoles i dont see much in pc games anymore.
I can imagine you prefering pc because old people ussualy prefer those kind of games.

mermaidman97007

Console Wars
« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2003, 01:13:48 pm »
well i still dont think pc is beter i think there both equal
its more in interest. i like consoles more because agree to it or not pc games have a different selection in games. pc games usaually have many strategie games and stuff and since they invented online gaming on consoles i dont see much in pc games anymore.
I can imagine you prefering pc because old people ussualy prefer those kind of games.
YOu can think consoles are better, its no biggy to me, as for me bein old....read my signature...BTW almost every console game is usually released for PC as well...

BTW nice arguin witchya this has been fun :cool:  

matty

Console Wars
« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2003, 01:20:01 pm »
BTW nice arguin witchya this has been fun
i agree these kind of arguments are always fun though i would like to know what the other members think PC or CONSOLE?

Offline falco

• Honorable
  • Gary
    • View Profile
    • http://
Console Wars
« Reply #186 on: October 25, 2003, 08:06:07 pm »
YOU INSIGNIFICANT PEASANTS...this is called CONSOLE WARS!...its a fight about  CONSOLES!...IF THIS SAID PC WARS...OR IF IT WAS RENAMED TO "MATTYS SUPER FUN HAPPY NICK NAME = DINGLE JUICE   PC TOPIC" Maybe then we would talk about pc.  make a new topic if you wanna talk about pc's  O.o
...the best time to wear a striped sweater...
is alll the tiiiime...

mermaidman97007

Console Wars
« Reply #187 on: October 25, 2003, 08:13:53 pm »
Look man, I know yer a mod, but we talked about it in here for a bit...so what? you get all mad...PC is a console ya know...If an Xbox can be considered a console...then so can a PC, because thats what an Xbox is...a pentium 233 PC!! Oh, and we did start a new topic, you need to look around b4 you get all POed.......mmmmmmkay...

link533

Console Wars
« Reply #188 on: October 25, 2003, 10:55:49 pm »
xbox is alot like a pc :biggrin:  

matty

Console Wars
« Reply #189 on: October 26, 2003, 05:47:05 am »
YOU INSIGNIFICANT PEASANTS...this is called CONSOLE WARS!...its a fight about  CONSOLES!...IF THIS SAID PC WARS...OR IF IT WAS RENAMED TO "MATTYS SUPER FUN HAPPY NICK NAME = DINGLE JUICE   PC TOPIC" Maybe then we would talk about pc.  make a new topic if you wanna talk about pc's  O.o
he allready made a topic before you went all weird

Offline falco

• Honorable
  • Gary
    • View Profile
    • http://
Console Wars
« Reply #190 on: October 26, 2003, 12:46:43 pm »
Look man, I know yer a mod, but we talked about it in here for a bit...so what? you get all mad...PC is a console ya know...If an Xbox can be considered a console...then so can a PC, because thats what an Xbox is...a pentium 233 PC!! Oh, and we did start a new topic, you need to look around b4 you get all POed.......mmmmmmkay...
lmao...so many sorries...MAAAAAN....

i tried to say "lets stick to the topic of consoles"...and i twas ignored...so i had to get your small craniums attention.

oh and lets set this straight

pc=pc

xbox=console

does xbox run pc games? NO
does xbox run windows? NO
does xbox have a mouse? NO
hey well i'll be!...its a console
...MMMMMMKAY?!?
...the best time to wear a striped sweater...
is alll the tiiiime...

mermaidman97007

Console Wars
« Reply #191 on: October 26, 2003, 12:56:23 pm »

pc=pc

xbox=console

does xbox run pc games? NO
does xbox run windows? NO
does xbox have a mouse? NO
hey well i'll be!...its a console
...MMMMMMKAY?!?
again an xbox is a 233 pentium PC that has its own OS loaded so it can only play console games...so basically it is a PC turned into a console...
and yes...if you know what yer doin, you can play PC games on an xbox, as well as use a mouse, and load windows onto it...again its a PC, just used as a console!!!
So maybe you shouldnt talk about the xbox in this thread...huh? because its a PC...

Offline DoomBringer316

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://Meh, Removed.
Console Wars
« Reply #192 on: October 26, 2003, 05:53:26 pm »
again an xbox is a 233 pentium PC that has its own OS loaded so it can only play console games...so basically it is a PC turned into a console...
and yes...if you know what yer doin, you can play PC games on an xbox, as well as use a mouse, and load windows onto it...again its a PC, just used as a console!!!
So maybe you shouldnt talk about the xbox in this thread...huh? because its a PC...

First off, Xbox is 733 intel CPU. The graphics processor is 233mhz. Also, you can download an emulator on a computer and get some ROMs, but that doesn't automatically make your computer a console. The Xbox IS a console, not a PC. They are quite similar, but also have differences as well.  

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Console Wars
« Reply #193 on: October 27, 2003, 05:59:45 pm »
Thank you Doombringer.  Having computer parts in it doesn't make it a computer...

And, matty, what are you talking about?  Computer games have been online long before console games.  Also, PCs dont get outdated that fast.  I built my computer last December, and it still plays the latest games without a problem.  I won't need to make any upgrades for at least a year.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

mermaidman97007

Console Wars
« Reply #194 on: October 27, 2003, 06:11:29 pm »

You callin me old?! :glare:
again...read my signature. :biggrin:

but yeah, I helped build my PC last year, and I'll still have a year b4  I HAFTA upgrade it, but then I'll just sell it back, and get the parts for a new one for like 300 bux, and that one will last upto 4 years...unless there is a MAJOR jump in technology.