Author Topic: Where Did God Come From?  (Read 51150 times)

Alain2k5

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2004, 09:51:39 am »
The whole 'faith' thing began because of fear...people FEARED God. Which is why Jews never said God's name outloud...because he was a FEAR INSPIRING God.
[snapback]139752[/snapback]

Yeah, People never want use the name. I know about only 2 that use it.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2004, 01:24:31 pm »
After 9/11...more people started to believe in God :P

MiraclrPlz

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2004, 08:02:45 pm »
Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean it don't exist.  Believe me, you'll find out.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2004, 11:09:47 pm »
And just because you believe in something doesn't mean it exists.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

MiraclrPlz

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2004, 08:39:57 pm »
Where's your evidence to support your claim.

Elizabeth Rose

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2004, 08:59:37 pm »
I reckon we will all find out whether or not God exists someday. I honestly don't see the point in arguing this issue. When you get to a certain age you have already made up your mind and I'm assuming, from the sounds of it, that most people here have reached that age.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2004, 01:14:07 am »
[snapback]140612[/snapback]

Where's your evidence to support YOUR claim? :dry:

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2004, 01:21:25 am »
[snapback]140612[/snapback]

Where's your evidence to support YOUR claim? :dry:
[snapback]140652[/snapback]

I'll say it for MSP: "The Bible"

Gideon Brown

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2004, 07:06:58 am »
While proof of God exists through the Bible, proof of evolution exists through science text books...so let's face it...no one has freaking proof, all they have his FAITH in something, be it God, or not.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2004, 07:39:54 am »
God created the first people, right? Or it says in the Bible. I wanna know where we would be if Adam and Eve were not created. We wouldn't be here. So, therefore, God exists because he created each one of us...or our parents did <_<

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2004, 08:10:05 am »
Sarah, can you tell me what the opposite of faith is?  I can tell you.  The opposite of faith is fear.
[snapback]139723[/snapback]

The opposite of faith is nonsence...wait no...they're both the same thing.
Oh well.
*smashes a window with a brick*
GOD made me do it. -_-
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Gideon Brown

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2004, 08:19:47 am »
God created the first people, right? Or it says in the Bible. I wanna know where we would be if Adam and Eve were not created. We wouldn't be here. So, therefore, God exists because he created each one of us...or our parents did <_<
[snapback]140673[/snapback]

But I don't believe that happened...This makes no sense...you believed God created Adam and Eve, but only as Christianity sees it. What about aboriginal reliions here in North America...one legend is that the Earth used to be all ocean, until a turtle put mud on its back and floated to the top of the water, etc, etc....also, humans were created from mud in these faiths...so really....why must THE BIBLE be correct if there is obviously more than one religion out there?! Shouldn't the...FIRST...religion be the one treue religion?

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2004, 08:44:18 am »
Every religion has its own holy book but the Bible is different from everything else. If you get a bunch of newspapers that span a lot of time apart, it's done by one author, which does not make it a complex whole. The Ten Commandments have been the proof of God's existence for many many years.

A world without a God has no meaning at all.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2004, 08:46:46 am »
[snapback]140673[/snapback]

But I don't believe that happened...This makes no sense...you believed God created Adam and Eve, but only as Christianity sees it. What about aboriginal reliions here in North America...one legend is that the Earth used to be all ocean, until a turtle put mud on its back and floated to the top of the water, etc, etc....also, humans were created from mud in these faiths...so really....why must THE BIBLE be correct if there is obviously more than one religion out there?! Shouldn't the...FIRST...religion be the one treue religion?
[snapback]140677[/snapback]

Yes, we do believe the first religion; Christianity! See, what happened is that they didn't write anything down until Moses came along. So, therefore, people took the truth, they passed down the truth and slowly twisted the truth into all the other religions.

Gideon Brown

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2004, 09:44:46 am »
Christianity was NEVER the first religion...if you believe this...well, what can I say...you're quite gullible. The first religions were pagan religions that focused on the earth and nature...why?! Because you can not control nature, and so it must be a God. As for the Bible being different...you can say the exact same thing about the Qu'ran. Or the Sikh book of worship (or...technically, their God). Each religion in its own way is unique and should be looked at as special in and of itself. Which is why I don't choose to follow one religion but make my own up. Choosing is too hard, because all of them are right to a certain extent.